A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Describe "some difficulty"?

Like they just wouldn't open?

Yea, that's it. However, I do not even get the prompt to open "press e ..." a few of them. "Them" is cardboard boxes I crafted, fire pit, a safe I cracked in the church, and coolers I raided from nearby camps with food. So, wouldn't open yes and no prompt yes. Blessings!

Another quick update. Nothing major. I'm really trying to hold off on the updates until the next alpha arrives. Then I can look into making the loot tables cleaner/balanced and look into improving Expansion Pack performance.

This update is largely just small quality-of-life improvements. Buffed the auger and steel pickaxe a bit. Adjusted the amount of seeds you got from certain plants. Fixed an issue where harvesting with the E button would give you the plant rather than the actual needed ingredient (goldenrod).

Lowered the perk level requirement for some of the recipes like machete and scythe. Edited some perk descriptions to hopefully make it more clear what rank is needed to unlock a specific recipe.

Most importantly I've added a feature that prevents you from being able to bleed to death. Zombie scratches will no longer kill you. Big thanks to Stompy for writing that buff up for me. Also it might actually be part of the previous patch and just not mentioned in the notes. I could not recall so decided to play it safe and mention it now.

V2.88 Changelog

***[items]***

--- Modified ---

aloe - increased craft time

chrysanthemum - increased craft time

goldenrod - increased craft time

rockSmall - increased stack size

pickaxeSteel - small block damage buff

partsAuger_blade - buffed block damage

***[blocks]***

--- Modified ---

plantedChrysanthemum3Harvest - fixed pickup event

plantedGoldenrod3Harvest - fixed pickup event

storeShelving01 - increased scrapIron destroy event

woodLogPillar100 - should no longer give nails

woodPlate - should no longer give nails

***[ Buffs ]***

--- Added ---

nobleed - added a buff to prevent you from bleeding to death

***[ Recipes ]***

--- Modified ---

seedMushroom

seedAloe

seedChrysanthemum

***[ Loot ]***

--- Added ---

Lootgroup junkFood

--- Modified ---

Lootgroup tools - removed stoneAxe

Lootgroup lumberjacks - removed stoneAxe

Lootgroup cupboard

Lootcontainer 54

Lootcontainer 58

Lootcontainer 59

***[ Progression ]***

--- Modified ---

Knife Guy

Bartering

***[ Localization ]***

--- Modified ---

knifeGuyDesc

theDecapitatorDesc

boomStickDesc

Yea, that's it. However, I do not even get the prompt to open "press e ..." a few of them. "Them" is cardboard boxes I crafted, fire pit, a safe I cracked in the church, and coolers I raided from nearby camps with food. So, wouldn't open yes and no prompt yes. Blessings!

A-HAH!

I knew this wasn't just me. I've had this issue a few times but I've never figured out what caused it.

Tell me, have you ever changed the "Hours in a day" setting?

How are the cardboard box and campfire (I assume they are near each other) arranged? Are they close together or far apart?

Is this only happening with cardboard boxes?

Valmar - Nah, for me, it happened to fire pit, cardboard boxes, coolers, and small safe.

Erik - they were all in a row in close proximity to the fire. Never messed with hours in a day unless it's part of Valmod.

Blessings!

is this mod compatible with the Prefab Compo-Pack? what would be the install order, y'all both have RWG mixer files.

it is compatible, just use the prefab pack's rwmixer. i run both on my server.

im actually working on providing merges and changes im trying, to get some large towns back. the vanilla rw mixer works right, but the prefab pack must have way to many merges from older game builds, im going to rebuild it so its closer to vanilla , with the prefab flair if i get the time. another note, be absolutely sure if you update valmod on your server, you reapply the combo's rwmixer, lets just say, my server has some interesting results from not doing that.

Val,

The Concrete Mixing skills says that it gives the ability to make the cement mixer but it does not (masonry teaches the cement mixer recipe).

Not sure if the issue is that the cement mixing skill text is inaccurate or that the cement mixer is locked behind masonry book rather than the cement mixing skill.

Val,

The Concrete Mixing skills says that it gives the ability to make the cement mixer but it does not (masonry teaches the cement mixer recipe).

Not sure if the issue is that the cement mixing skill text is inaccurate or that the cement mixer is locked behind masonry book rather than the cement mixing skill.

An oversight in the perk description. I'll remedy that. Thank you.

First off, thank you for this mod. Been using it to play co-op with my gf and it's really fun to play. I love the improved item and recipe variety.

Now the reason for this post though: Not sure if it's been already mentioned in this thread (158 pages are a lot to skim through):

I encountered a bug with the AK-47 and Incendiary Bullets.

Basically I crafted some, loaded them in, and after shooting something, that AK-47, as well as any other, no matter if crafted or one from the creative menu will have the fire damage buff on them. Doesn't matter if I load other ammo in, the burning buff will stay. Restarting the game fixes this, until I load Incendiary Bullets and shoot something again.

Some Info: We play P2P on RWG with Mag's Compo Pack with me as the host, no other mods and nothing changed from the Valmod files (Overhaul version).

I have a map with version 14.6 of this mod, and I really love it, but ...

Now that drew the version 14.7 is no longer supported. Trying to enter gives many errors, 3D models and not know what else.

What will you lay for the 14.7?

Will it be compatible with the map stored?

Do let developers change the names to blocks that way?

Will I learn to change the game without take advantage of your contributions?

Okay, I really only interested in the first two questions, the other, well, it's impossible.

Greetings.

c1afe06a1d6c4a659a29da575f529cc1.png

First off, thank you for this mod. Been using it to play co-op with my gf and it's really fun to play. I love the improved item and recipe variety.

Now the reason for this post though: Not sure if it's been already mentioned in this thread (158 pages are a lot to skim through):

I encountered a bug with the AK-47 and Incendiary Bullets.

Basically I crafted some, loaded them in, and after shooting something, that AK-47, as well as any other, no matter if crafted or one from the creative menu will have the fire damage buff on them. Doesn't matter if I load other ammo in, the burning buff will stay. Restarting the game fixes this, until I load Incendiary Bullets and shoot something again.

Some Info: We play P2P on RWG with Mag's Compo Pack with me as the host, no other mods and nothing changed from the Valmod files (Overhaul version).

Thanks for letting me know. This was a bug I fixed a while back so Im a bit at a loss as to when it snuck back in. Strange. Either way it should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

Speaking of which mod has been updated to the stable A14.7 branch. Enjoy.

I have a map with version 14.6 of this mod, and I really love it, but ...

Now that drew the version 14.7 is no longer supported. Trying to enter gives many errors, 3D models and not know what else.

What will you lay for the 14.7?

Will it be compatible with the map stored?

Do let developers change the names to blocks that way?

Will I learn to change the game without take advantage of your contributions?

Okay, I really only interested in the first two questions, the other, well, it's impossible.

Greetings.

They removed some blocks and such in A14.7 which is why you get those errors. Fortunately, far as the xml is concerned, the stable A14.7 release is identical to the experimental A14.7 they released several updates ago. As such my Experimental Build still works for it. Made it easy to port things over.

What will I lay for 14.7? I assume you mean what new stuff I will add. Well I do have some pretty big things planned but I don't know how long it will take. Its not a top priority atm though - as Im focusing on ironing out some kinks in my new mod CHS - Classic Horde Survival. A lot of things I've learned from it will find their way into Valmod eventually though. Its just very time-consuming. I was hoping to wait for NPCs before doing anything drastic but I'm very impatient and dont want to wait that long lol.

It should be compatible. If vanilla A14.7 is compatible with old maps then so is Valmod.

I don't really understand the other questions, sorry.

Thanks for letting me know. This was a bug I fixed a while back so Im a bit at a loss as to when it snuck back in. Strange. Either way it should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

Nothing to apologize for, I'm glad I could help out. Again, thanks for the mod, your work is appreciated! I'll probably have difficulties now finding the game fun without it :tranquillity:

So the current download for the mods is compatible with 14.7? Because I held back on the new patch in order not to break my modded game in some way.

I put the latest version and I get this to open the game.

NOTE: The default game and just add your mod, without changing anything else.

8983652f78dd46f5857130cb5402eebf.png

1. Make sure you're using Alpha 14.7

2. Make sure you have the latest version of Valmod (version 2.9 at the time of writing this)

3. Make sure you installed it properly.

Does that fix it?

So the current download for the mods is compatible with 14.7? Because I held back on the new patch in order not to break my modded game in some way.

Correct. The two main download links (envul) are now updated to the latest A14.7 build of t he game.

yep. I pulled a newb mistake, updated the core game to 14.7, and forgot to make sure to update the mod, to same version, and got the error. but hey, Valmar is so awesome he'd updated at least 2 hours ago! dude's on top of it!

Hey, Valmod. did you notice the study desk does not have a bottom texture? Is it because it simply...doesn't have one? or am I just an eejit for deciding to put mine on the cieling out of reach of zomberts?

the merchant mailbox has the "merchant package" for like complete guns ammo and such. but a lot of the recipes are spelled Mercant" just a typo to fix. low priority.

on an unrelated note. I've found that barbed wire last I checked in vanilla is suuuuuper expensive. it's 1 forged iron for one "sheet" of barbed wire. back in the day, I think it was 3 forged iron for FIFTEEN sheets. I"m thinking 1:5 maybe. is that a recipe nerf you'd be ok with implementing natively? I'll update it for my side, since I want to use the slowtrap tactic m'self.

Archived