A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Is it possible to get the Expansion and Mega-Cities mod running together? My server doesn't appear in list when I try it.

Yes, its possible. Though requires some manual work. Assuming you mean this mod=https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36836-MEGA-CITY-(2000x2500)

The Mega City mod edits the biomes, materials and rwgmixer.xml

Install my mod then add Megacity ontop of it but only use its rwgmixer.xml and it should work. If you want to use its biomes.xml and materials.xml you will have to edit it to include my changes too because I also modify these two files. Specifically if you do not have my materials.xml changes the game will not load.

I know this probs doesn't have anything to do with your mod Valmar, but could you hazard a guess as to what is going on?

I got server running, but I'm having an issue with the city that spawns. Things are "cut off". Here are the screenshots.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010271253/screenshots/

Could this have to do with the biomes.xml and materials.xml? If so, how would I "merge" them?

The only real thing my biomes.xml adds is the suspicious stumps. You could just use his biomes.xml

The materials.xml however you will need to merge. I do not modify any vanilla materials so you could just go to the bottom of the materials.xml and copy all my new materials and past einto the Mega City's materials.xml

My materials begin beneath this line:

<!--Survivor Notes-->

The cut-off you're seeing I suspect is because of the way the game handles the rwgmixer.xml

You can see this even in vanilla sometimes.

I dont know how MegaCity's rwgmixer is setup but open it and look at the top ruleset. This is vanilla:

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1800" cell_offset="0.6" generation_distance="10000">

<cell_rule name="wastelandHub" position="0,0" prob="0.05"/>

<cell_rule name="lowDensity" prob="1"/>

<cell_rule name="highDensity" prob="0.5"/>

<!--<cell_rule name="customHubTest" position="0,1" prob="0"/>-->

</ruleset>

Set the cell_offset to 0 instead of 0.6. That should, in theory, prevent the cut off you're seeing. Though if that prefab was placed by the biomes.xml I dont think it would help. Im not really sure, Stompy is the expert on these things :)

Valmod Update V3

This V3 update is fairly significant in what it changes. As such, I'm sorry to say, it is going to require a new character. You can still use your old maps, but your character profile will reset. Far as my memory goes this is the first time my mod has required something like this where it was due to something I've done as oppose to a 7DTD update. I am sorry about that and I do not/will not make a habit of it.

Now for the big changes.

Recipe books are largely gone in the Overhaul (not Expansion Pack). Thats right, no more schematics and recipe books. While there are still a few of them for the most part now if you want a perk/recipe unlocked you have to unlock it with the Perk system. Survivor Notes are still a thing, however, except now they reward you a skill point when you read them. So you can still unlock recipes with recipe notes if you find enough of them.

The books you find in loot now are more focused on skill points. Books you find will now give you x3 points in relevant skills as opposed to just one point. You can also still scrap the books you dont want to to get back a survivor note to spend on a perk.

There recipes you can still unlock by finding books (you can also still buy the perk directly, of course) are:

Carpentry, Improvised Weapons, Lockpicks, Improvised Armor, Medical, Chemistry,Wooden Bow and Masonry. There might be future “hybrid” books like this added in the future but for now that is all.

Again this is only for the Overhaul. The expansion pack still has the books but it also uses the perk system.

There is a new container added called “Garbage Disposal”. This is basically a trash can that you fill with junk. You then craft a “trash bag” and upgrade the garbage disposal with the trash bag in hand and this will destroy the contents within the garbage disposal. You will then have to wait a minute or two before you can put more stuff inside the disposal.

There is a new trap players can craft called a “fall trap”. This is a simple looking ground block the player can place that, when walked over, will vanish beneath your feet. This means you could dig a pit, line it with spikes and then cover the top with “fall traps”. Now when a zombie or unsuspecting visitor walks across it they will fall into the pit.

There has also been a few balance changes and adjustments to the loot just to hopefully make things clear overall.

The classes have been reworked and should be a lot more balanced now than they were before.

Some plants have seen a few tweaks. For example in vanilla when you harvested golden rod it actually gave you the entire plant instead of just a flower. I've changed this so that now when you harvest plants you get an item rather than the block. This includes new and (imo) better icons. Including the classic Goldenrod Flower icon the game used to use. This isn't a big change but its subtle one that I think some might appreciate.

There is now a new forge the player can craft called “Simple Forge”. All this forge is a more limited version of the forge. It has less recipes you can craft in it. This is just to help fight off some the forge lag some users were having. So if all you needed to use a forge for was crafting forged iron or shells this one should give better performance overall. It can craft more than that of course but largely it only crafts more “useful” and “common” items and not the more decor-specific recipes such as bricks.

It is entirely optional for the player to use this simple forge – the normal forge still contains all the recipes it used to.

I've moved some more “decorative” block recipes that my mod added to the Artisan Decor Station. This is to help improve performance. The Expansion Pack especially should see an improvement here as I have moved most of my “added” block recipes over to the decor station. That includes the electric lights. Vanilla recipes have not been moved in Expansion Pack.

Overall I hope everyone enjoys this new update and the changes it brings (mainly to Overhaul) and I apologize again for the profile reset this entails.

I'll try the merging of the materials.xml. Thank you for taking the time to answer me :D

If stallion has done what I expect the materials will just have increased SI so its probably not necessary.

The biomes you can use or skip from megacity, using it will give random PoIs not attached to roads.

The pic looks like a hub using stallions hiway cityblocks, and no way to avoid that with purely random generated hubs.

Slight bug I found in 3.0, some blocks are under level 2/3 of masonry, but max_level is only 1. (brick is one example locked behind this)

Thank you. Fixed.

One other request, it might be nice to have a recipe to craft 5 survivor notes into a single survivor pack.

You can, actually.

Just a quick little update.

V3.1

[ Items ]

--- MOdified ---

blunderbuss - buffed damage

(Expansion) combatAxe

[Progression]

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) Wooden Bow

(Overhaul) Crossbow

(Overhaul) Masonry

--- Added ---

(Expansion) survivorNoteCollection

[ Blocks ]

--- Modified ---

AutoWall_Reinforced_Concrete

Bug/Issue

Hello Valmar,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, i'm sorry if its not, but its the only one i know.

I got some issue/bug that i want to ask if you may know what it is or how to fix.

I was building the concrete pillar 50 wall and then this appear, i tried to destroy some blocks but didn't disappear. Every time i destroy a block or walk close enough, this thing change form.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=716365927

Looks like its a solid web block, i can't go over but i can walk on it like a ramp. Do you know what this could be? And how to fix it.

I'm using expansion mod, not v3, for A14.7. Already tried to reopen world and game but still there. By the way, i'm enjoying the mod, very nice work.

Thx for the help.

@Titorz

First time with that glitch, huh? It's a vanilla bug that has been plaguing the game for a long while yet. There are some youtube videos that show ways to fix it. One way that I've heard of is to fill the area back in with woodframes and gradually remove them.

Hi there! We've been enjoying your mod, but there's one thing that we are wondering about. Sorry if this has been asked before:

The Steel Pickaxe at 600 quality with Miner69er 5/5 and Mining Tools 100 gives maximum block damage 480, which means 2 hits on stone to clear. That is somewhat disappointing, and removes the incentive to upgrade the skill, the item or the perk.

The issue is with the items.xml file in Valmod, the entry for pickaxeSteel indicates a BlockDamage of 60,120 (2*2*120=480 damage), and the vanilla game is 60,145.

We can modify this manually of course, but we were wondering if this was intentional?

Yes, it was intentional.

Though to be honest at the time I didn't realize it was wit ha maxed out Miner 69er either. So I might revert it. But I'm not sure. It still seems like the steel pickaxe in vanilla has far superior damage scaling than any other tool.

Hey Val, just curious before I dedicate to building a moat, as of the current version of the game and your mod, do zeds take any kind of falling dmaage?

Far as I know zombies dont take fall damage anymore.

in order to increase backpack space by 1 row, would all clients need to have edited files? or is that something the server can push?

I ask this because honestly your MOD adds so many new items/Gives USES for them, that default inventory space just isn't enough.

@Titorz

First time with that glitch, huh? It's a vanilla bug that has been plaguing the game for a long while yet. There are some youtube videos that show ways to fix it. One way that I've heard of is to fill the area back in with woodframes and gradually remove them.

To be honest i didn't played very much vanilla and it was long time ago, A12 maybe. I thought it was about the mod because was close to the wood bridge when that glitch shows up.

Anyway. Thanks for the help and keep modding, Valmod its a very interesting mod.

in order to increase backpack space by 1 row, would all clients need to have edited files? or is that something the server can push?

I ask this because honestly your MOD adds so many new items/Gives USES for them, that default inventory space just isn't enough.

Yes... and no. Kinda. I completely relate to your plight with inventory space and believe me I WANT to increase it. It was actually one of the first things I did when A13 dropped. Then I realized there is a problem with doing that... anything you put in those extra slots will vanish when you turn off the game. This made it impractical. There is a fix for this to overcome the hardcoded limit however far as I know it would require every user to have it and for the server to run without EAC enabled.

I'm hoping in the future the Pimps will remove this imposed limit to give modders the freedom to increase it more easily.

well 1 good thing is i have EAC disabled on the server as its useless crap spyware, that im all too familiar with.... i always run without it.

I'm guessing by your statement that it requires a modded .dll .

Hopefully in the future we will be allowed to mod that easier. While im comfortable with non EAC compatible files for me and a few friends, i know most users wont be.

Yes, it was intentional.

Though to be honest at the time I didn't realize it was wit ha maxed out Miner 69er either. So I might revert it. But I'm not sure. It still seems like the steel pickaxe in vanilla has far superior damage scaling than any other tool.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe the value should be changed to 60,130? That way someone that has invested in the perk, tool, and skill can 1-shot stone blocks at near-max values.

Another question, why do silencers fit in the stock slots instead of barrel slots?

Valmod Update V3

This V3 update is fairly significant in what it changes. As such, I'm sorry to say, it is going to require a new character. You can still use your old maps, but your character profile will reset. Far as my memory goes this is the first time my mod has required something like this where it was due to something I've done as oppose to a 7DTD update. I am sorry about that and I do not/will not make a habit of it.

Now for the big changes.

Recipe books are largely gone in the Overhaul (not Expansion Pack). Thats right, no more schematics and recipe books. While there are still a few of them for the most part now if you want a perk/recipe unlocked you have to unlock it with the Perk system. Survivor Notes are still a thing, however, except now they reward you a skill point when you read them. So you can still unlock recipes with recipe notes if you find enough of them.

The books you find in loot now are more focused on skill points. Books you find will now give you x3 points in relevant skills as opposed to just one point. You can also still scrap the books you dont want to to get back a survivor note to spend on a perk.

There recipes you can still unlock by finding books (you can also still buy the perk directly, of course) are:

Carpentry, Improvised Weapons, Lockpicks, Improvised Armor, Medical, Chemistry,Wooden Bow and Masonry. There might be future “hybrid” books like this added in the future but for now that is all.

Again this is only for the Overhaul. The expansion pack still has the books but it also uses the perk system.

There is a new container added called “Garbage Disposal”. This is basically a trash can that you fill with junk. You then craft a “trash bag” and upgrade the garbage disposal with the trash bag in hand and this will destroy the contents within the garbage disposal. You will then have to wait a minute or two before you can put more stuff inside the disposal.

There is a new trap players can craft called a “fall trap”. This is a simple looking ground block the player can place that, when walked over, will vanish beneath your feet. This means you could dig a pit, line it with spikes and then cover the top with “fall traps”. Now when a zombie or unsuspecting visitor walks across it they will fall into the pit.

There has also been a few balance changes and adjustments to the loot just to hopefully make things clear overall.

The classes have been reworked and should be a lot more balanced now than they were before.

Some plants have seen a few tweaks. For example in vanilla when you harvested golden rod it actually gave you the entire plant instead of just a flower. I've changed this so that now when you harvest plants you get an item rather than the block. This includes new and (imo) better icons. Including the classic Goldenrod Flower icon the game used to use. This isn't a big change but its subtle one that I think some might appreciate.

There is now a new forge the player can craft called “Simple Forge”. All this forge is a more limited version of the forge. It has less recipes you can craft in it. This is just to help fight off some the forge lag some users were having. So if all you needed to use a forge for was crafting forged iron or shells this one should give better performance overall. It can craft more than that of course but largely it only crafts more “useful” and “common” items and not the more decor-specific recipes such as bricks.

It is entirely optional for the player to use this simple forge – the normal forge still contains all the recipes it used to.

I've moved some more “decorative” block recipes that my mod added to the Artisan Decor Station. This is to help improve performance. The Expansion Pack especially should see an improvement here as I have moved most of my “added” block recipes over to the decor station. That includes the electric lights. Vanilla recipes have not been moved in Expansion Pack.

Overall I hope everyone enjoys this new update and the changes it brings (mainly to Overhaul) and I apologize again for the profile reset this entails.

Is it intentional but I noticed that the recipes to be cooked in the workingoven are gone. Why have an workingoven if you can't cook in it?

Archived