A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hello

I want to change the workingoven. The oven is petty cool, but with infite fuel... i try to change this, if you want to use the oven you have to put a carbattery in it. Problem, i have no idea how i can add the fuel modul and i don´t know how i have to change the block to requier the battery.

can anyone help me please?!

cheers Acursor

Hello

I want to change the workingoven. The oven is petty cool, but with infite fuel... i try to change this, if you want to use the oven you have to put a carbattery in it. Problem, i have no idea how i can add the fuel modul and i don´t know how i have to change the block to requier the battery.

cheers Acursor

Great idea but....

if i'm not mistaken i tried something similar not long ago and couldn't get it to act the way you are implying.

Although for a good workaround you could

Add a Battery to the Recipe....

<recipe name="workstationOven" count="1" scrapable="False" >

<ingredient name="forgedIron" count="20" />

<ingredient name="scrapCable" count="4"/>

<ingredient name="ovenKit" count="1" />

<ingredient name="carBattery" count="1" />

</recipe>

Then go in XUI.xml and look for this Line

<window_group name="workstation_workstationOven" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowCraftingList"/>

<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>

<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>

<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />

<window name="windowFuel" /> <<<<<<<<<<<<<REMOVE THIS LINE (if you have it)

<window name="windowOutput" />

<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />

</window_group>

And then the oven will run on the Imaginary Battery power

In the end i get what you are saying.

if there was some way the Code for the minibike battery could be applied to the Workstations for battery power and slowly diminish over time

Something i was tinkering with yesterday for a bit :)

- - - Updated - - -

is this mod compatible with the Prefab Compo-Pack? what would be the install order, y'all both have RWG mixer files.

Valmod then Combo pack>>>>

his RWGmixwer is the default one

output_log

2016-06-15T09:44:24 9.227 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (External 3D model with name 'Buildings/cobblestone_frame' not found! Maybe you need to create the atlas first?)
2016-06-15T09:44:24 9.228 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!
2016-06-15T09:44:24 9.229 ERR   at BlockShapeExt3dModel.createVertices () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BlockShapeRotatedAbstract.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BlockShapeExt3dModel.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2016-06-15T09:44:24 9.387 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'cntEPSFridgeBottom' in use_action!/  at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )
2016-06-15T09:44:24 9.388 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!
2016-06-15T09:44:24 9.389 ERR   at ItemActionExchangeItem.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Exception: Block with name 'steelStairs25' not found in block id 199
 at Block.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldStaticData.V (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldStaticData+XE.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager+JL.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Unfortunate. I'll see if I can make a quick experimental branch then. For the 8 players who care.

Hello

cheers Acursor

It wouldn't work the way you want. You cant make fuel specific. Anything that has a fuelvalue can be burned for fuel anywhere. So even if yo ulet the car battery be burned for fuel, which you can, it would also be burnable in campfires and forges.

If you want people to need fuel for the working oven then open the xui.xml

<window_group name="workstation_workstationOven" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowFuel" />

</window_group>

You'll want to add that to the oven. Now it requires fuel like a campfire.

You could also make the battery be part of the recipe (Chud described this).

is this mod compatible with the Prefab Compo-Pack? what would be the install order, y'all both have RWG mixer files.

Chud answered this but I'll reiterate - yes. As long as you install this first and then install the compo pack ontop of it. You need the compo-packs rwgmixer.xml file

im sure i know the answer to this already but am i correct in assuming this IS NOT compatible/recommended with the Unofficial XML fixes?

They're not compatible in the slightest. The Unoffical Fixes replaces all the xml files that I modify. Though with my mod it may be redundant as I do fix vanilla bugs that I know of. Not saying I cover as many as Clockwork, not by any means, but I do fix any big ones I come across.

- - - Updated - - -

For those want wanted the A14.7 Experimental Branch version, here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

yea thats what i thought, you have done super extensive modification. I was only hoping to have some of the basic stuff fixed, but if you're doing some of that already then that's more then acceptable.

BTW i love what you've done.

ps i care :worked_till_5am:

ok so i checked twice, the mod copy thats posted on Envul is a tarball not a zip. check it.

https://envul.com/download/1/412/

ok so I got to working on the ui bugs and i saw multiple inefficient ways of doing things so I combined the mods with the released xml. Its not near complete yet, I need to find an APi somewhere or someone who knows how the grid/rec works.

Here is what ive done thus far. everything is as should be "i think", test it. The food/water meters are still showing when the game resets after death, im going to have to put those inside recs inside that parent grid to make it act right.

If you see anything I missed or messed up just lemme know. I can probs get this condensed and completed by next week sometime. new window.xml attached.

[ATTACH]15352[/ATTACH]

windows.zip

They're not compatible in the slightest. The Unoffical Fixes replaces all the xml files that I modify. Though with my mod it may be redundant as I do fix vanilla bugs that I know of. Not saying I cover as many as Clockwork, not by any means, but I do fix any big ones I come across.

- - - Updated - - -

For those want wanted the A14.7 Experimental Branch version, here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

Whooa...so quick! Thanks Valmar! I figured I would have to play vanilla for a few days!

Valmar...any chance to change the store shelving drop on "destroy" from "1,2" to "5" as standard in the Valmod? I love busting up those shelves, and if one puts in the time it should be worth the investment. This is only a few more than a stone block and pretty realistic if you were to scrap a full metal shelf...until then I will continue to change on my own...thanks again for the quick turnaround on 14.7!

I agree. Those shelves also take a long time to harvest - especially early on. There should be a larger reward for it. I will make a note to buff it in the next patch. Heres hoping the next time I update its for A15.

Unfortunate. I'll see if I can make a quick experimental branch then. For the 8 players who care.

It wouldn't work the way you want. You cant make fuel specific. Anything that has a fuelvalue can be burned for fuel anywhere. So even if yo ulet the car battery be burned for fuel, which you can, it would also be burnable in campfires and forges.

If you want people to need fuel for the working oven then open the xui.xml

<window name="windowFuel" />

</window_group>

You'll want to add that to the oven. Now it requires fuel like a campfire.

You could also make the battery be part of the recipe (Chud described this).

Chud answered this but I'll reiterate - yes. As long as you install this first and then install the compo pack ontop of it. You need the compo-packs rwgmixer.xml file

Thx... but i will disable the oven.. ;) campfire is enough...

Is anyone having an issue opening crates that were being used by players for storage?...I ran into some difficulty opening my fire pit and several containers I was storing stuff in. Only day 2 on a new game, complete wipe for 14.7, so after exiting the game, steam, and rebooting comp to no avail, I just started a new game...I'm not sure if this is a 14.7 issue or a Valmod issue...blessings!

Dangit, I missed a fight. Also. Roland is in the mod section!

Val, in three sentences or less, how would you describe this mod? I've been casually following the thread but it's so huge a synopsis would help me.

It seems to do... A lot.

Its always nice to see the mods notice the modding section. :)

Hey Guppy. I will try my best to summarize it briefly.

First let me to clarify something important. The Valmod Pack has two versions to choose from. Expansion Pack and Overhaul.

If you like the vanilla gameplay style and just want new stuff to play with like new enemies, food, loot, blocks, traps, perks, skills, clothes, weapons, quests, workstation, recipes, shoes (always important!) then grab the expansion pack. It is, as the name implies, intended to be viewed as an expansion pack for the base game. It adds new stuff to enjoy without drastically changing the overall vanilla experience. The only "drastic" change is that in Valmod (both versions) is that you cook food with bowls of water and not jars of water. This will really be the only big difference from vanilla in the expansion pack to get used to.

If however you are getting a bit bored of the vanilla system and want to try a new experience then the overhaul might be for you. It adds all the same stuff as the expansion pack BUT it also locks down the recipe crafting system. This means most recipes you are used to having "free" or being able to craft anywhere are now locked behind books or perks and workstations. So only someone who starts the game as a "Builder" will immediately be able to build woodframes or upgrade wood houses. Everyone else will have to learn carpentry from the book first.

Is that a short enough summery?

Is anyone having an issue opening crates that were being used by players for storage?...I ran into some difficulty opening my fire pit and several containers I was storing stuff in. Only day 2 on a new game, complete wipe for 14.7, so after exiting the game, steam, and rebooting comp to no avail, I just started a new game...I'm not sure if this is a 14.7 issue or a Valmod issue...blessings!

Describe "some difficulty"?

Like they just wouldn't open?

Also Val,

I think there is a issue with crafting Goldentod tea - the recipe calls for "Goldenrod" but you harvest "Goldenrod Flower"

Describe "some difficulty"?

Like they just wouldn't open?

Also Val,

I think there is a issue with crafting Goldentod tea - the recipe calls for "Goldenrod" but you harvest "Goldenrod Flower"

Do you? Thats odd. Try breaking it instead. That should fix it for now. I think I see the problem. Goldenrod, unlike most plants, is using the "canpickup" property instead of actually using the normal harvest system other plants use. Break it instead of using the Press E for now. Bit annoying, I know, but I'll have it fixed in the next patch. Sorry about that. Damn goldenrod.

Archived