A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi Valmar and everyone, I encountered a big problem while i was opening the workbench where i crafted many things. I clicked on a stack of wood log spikes inside the WB when suddenly it closed with a Null Reference Exception as you can see in the img I attached. From this point on I can't open the WB (full of things...) without that error occurring... What can I do? Thanks for your help!!

I have been able to solve all the crafting nre errors by relogging. Try reconnecting and see if you can access them then.

If you want more inventory space, you might want to look here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion

I used that mod in the past with the valmod overhaul and it work fine, but you need to do a few thing to make it work, but everything is explained in that topic, I have not used it since 1 or 2 month ago so I don't knnow if it still work.

I only used singleplayer version but your supposed to be able to use it in multiplayer too, you just need to do a few different thing to make it work.

Valmar, I just downloaded your mod. Thank you...

Edit: I downloaded Expansion Pack version.

I have a question for anyone using Valmod Pack. There is 2 windows.Xml files included in Valmod Pack.

windows-No Images.Xml

windows-Offline Version.Xml

Not sure if I use the vanilla/original windows.Xml or one of the modded versions.

I'll be playing singleplayer with EAC disabled.

I have a question for anyone using Valmod Pack. There is 2 windows.Xml files included in Valmod Pack.

windows-No Images.Xml

Not sure if I use the vanilla/original windows.Xml or one of the modded versions.

They are all modded.

If you are online then use the default one (no need to change anything) as that accesses the images in the background of the toolbelt and backpack through a url.

Hi Valmar and everyone, I encountered a big problem while i was opening the workbench where i crafted many things. I clicked on a stack of wood log spikes inside the WB when suddenly it closed with a Null Reference Exception as you can see in the img I attached. From this point on I can't open the WB (full of things...) without that error occurring... What can I do? Thanks for your help!!

If you place a new workbench are you able to access that or does the problem persist?

windows-No Images.Xml

What Stompy said is accurate. They're all modded. The No-Image one is for people who play offline with a non-standard game install path or dont have a 16:9 resolution. The offline version is for those who play offline but do have the game installed in a standard configuration.

If you have an internet connection when you play (you dont have to play multiplayer or with EAC, just have an internet connection) then the default windows.xml is going to be fine. Those two extra files are only there to serve as a optional files for those who have issues.

Hey Valmer, I love you mod and I think you are doing a killer job with it. My brother and I play all the time. I have a simple request that may not be simple to accomplish but would be very useful. Could you create a way to craft either a bigger backpack or a secondary or tertiary backpack so that you have more room when you are out collecting stuff? Especially when you play with 200% loot ratio your bag gets filled up fast.

HOLY ♥♥♥♥!!!

200% loot LMAO.......you dont like challenging game do you?

my loot is on 25% on my servers LOL

If you want more inventory space, you might want to look here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion

I used that mod in the past with the valmod overhaul and it work fine, but you need to do a few thing to make it work, but everything is explained in that topic, I have not used it since 1 or 2 month ago so I don't know if it still work.

I only used singleplayer version but you're supposed to be able to use it in multiplayer too, you just need to do a few different thing to make it work.

tried it..dont work...when i tried to boot it up with the Correct .DLL it wouldn't even start the game

Hey Valmer, I love you mod and I think you are doing a killer job with it. My brother and I play all the time. I have a simple request that may not be simple to accomplish but would be very useful. Could you create a way to craft either a bigger backpack or a secondary or tertiary backpack so that you have more room when you are out collecting stuff? Especially when you play with 200% loot ratio your bag gets filled up fast.

Haha - it took me 6 days to find a forge book - like someone else said 25% loot - we are on day 82 now and have lived through the day 56 horde - which was still going on from 22:00-12:00 the next day - 1k ammo used.

Valmar - Thanks for the awesome work brother! I've been watching Games4Kicks but I am not able to keep up with him, I'm like a month behind. I just watched the video he released with your updates, maybe two updates ago and it got me thinking...How do I know if I'm up to date with the latest valmod patch? Is there a possibility to get a tag line with the mod version on the screen under the Fun Pimps tag line with 14.6 (b23)? Thanks brother!

I have been able to solve all the crafting nre errors by relogging. Try reconnecting and see if you can access them then.

The problem seems to have been solved by simply closing the game then relaunching it, while simply relogging didn't help me. Anyway, thanks!

Valmar - Thanks for the awesome work brother! I've been watching Games4Kicks but I am not able to keep up with him, I'm like a month behind. I just watched the video he released with your updates, maybe two updates ago and it got me thinking...How do I know if I'm up to date with the latest valmod patch? Is there a possibility to get a tag line with the mod version on the screen under the Fun Pimps tag line with 14.6 (b23)? Thanks brother!

Hello Junkie. Glad you enjoy it.

There is actually a way to find out what version you're playing. Open creative menu and search for "Valmod Version". There should be an item there with a fabulous, beautiful, wonderful hat icon. The name of this item is the version. Its my way of keeping track of what version players might be on. Hope that helps.

did you rename the ddl?

Yeah i did everything it asked me to do.It dont matter anyways..its not even configured to fit nicely together..it over laps everything

Besides my Loot is on 25% and 15 day respawn.....there isn't much loot to stack up anyways.

Haha - it took me 6 days to find a forge book - like someone else said 25% loot - we are on day 82 now and have lived through the day 56 horde - which was still going on from 22:00-12:00 the next day - 1k ammo used.

My Mod dont even Have Books anymore.the Books only give you Experience now.

Maybe after Alpha 15 and I do a merge i will publish my Mod..has a little of Valmars /RedX stuff but the Rest is all me

Valmar - any chance of adding canned loki stew?

Also shotgun slugs - 11 gunpowder for 1 slug is way too high - magnum and 762 are only 3 gunpowder

shotgun slugs as far as I understand have a larger grain count compared to other guns because of the size of the slug. Still the amount might need to be shaved down but not as much as mag and 762 rounds.

Valmar - any chance of adding canned loki stew?

Also shotgun slugs - 11 gunpowder for 1 slug is way too high - magnum and 762 are only 3 gunpowder

Sure, I'll let you can the stew in the next update.

As for the slugs, well, thats actually the vanilla recipe. :) It does sound a bit extreme though - of course slugs are also pretty awesome too. But I will look into lowering their price.

Valmar the latest version of Val Mod overhaul Pack is compatible with SDX?

Thanks!

I don't know , to be honest with you. I don't use or support SDX in any official way. I don't think it works with SDX but I'm not really sure one way or another. You'd need to ask someone who is actually familiar with SDX.

The LEad count would be Higher in a Slug with little bit more then average Gunpowder

think of it this way...its a really big bullet for a Shotgun

exactly what I said :p

larger bullet means more drag, shotguns aren't meant for long range like a rifle in game and in RL. As I said in the beginning larger bullet means more drag when fired the cost of gunpowder in the amount of grains that's are in the cartage are accurate with RL ammo. Without the amount of grains the slug wouldn't be as effective.

I do appreciate the offer but I don't think I have it in me to learn new tricks or setup yet another resource location with my files to cater towards a small minority for whom this would be useful. Not that I don't support those who modify my pack - by all means, thats great. I love for people to tailor things to their specific liking and thats what makes modding so special. I just don't think I have the energy to put in anymore effort. I still need to sit down and figure out how to use StompyNZ's config editor and start incorporating it into my methods.

I don't think you got this, the main reason is that you will have it much more easy to migrate your mod to new vanilla updates.

Furthmore you don't need to write down what you have changed and where ( well ok a simple changelog for the users to know what has been changed) But you can easyly see which lines have been changed an how.

For example, there is the new A15 update: you can create a master branch which only has the vanilla updates and one for the lite version and anotherone for the overhaul pack. Than you simply overwrite the master branch of with the vanilla files, after that you can merge those changes into your 2 modded branches. Todo that you can see all changes and simply choose which changes to overtake and which not and in special cases you see very fast where incompability can be a problem. You'll save a lot of time. Much more as you need to spend to understand git. If you don't believe me give me a chance and add me on steam and I'll stream you how I work with this, you'll see it's very simple. you don't have to use a git via command line, there is very good GUI software available like "sourcetree" and others.

I don't think you got this, the main reason is that you will have it much more easy to migrate your mod to new vanilla updates.

Furthmore you don't need to write down what you have changed and where ( well ok a simple changelog for the users to know what has been changed) But you can easyly see which lines have been changed an how.

For example, there is the new A15 update: you can create a master branch which only has the vanilla updates and one for the lite version and anotherone for the overhaul pack. Than you simply overwrite the master branch of with the vanilla files, after that you can merge those changes into your 2 modded branches. Todo that you can see all changes and simply choose which changes to overtake and which not and in special cases you see very fast where incompability can be a problem. You'll save a lot of time. Much more as you need to spend to understand git. If you don't believe me give me a chance and add me on steam and I'll stream you how I work with this, you'll see it's very simple. you don't have to use a git via command line, there is very good GUI software available like "sourcetree" and others.

Notpad ++ does the samething.

and FileZilla gets the Mod to the server

Why would we need to have anything in between?

if you can't pick apart a Mod and take what you want then you shouldn't be Dabbling in the first place...there is no Easy way to learn this

Archived