A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Ah, I see.

Are beakers used anymore? I don't see a slot for it in campfires.

I think since those recipes have been moved to the Chemistry Station, the beaker plugs in there instead of the campfire... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

(<>13<>)

Yeah, I have. I just feel I'm too limited in what I can do atm. I wanted cooking to be part of a farming skill group where craft times and wellness gain could scale accordingly. However workstations do not use your skill level or contribute to your level if the crafting happens while you are not inside them. This would mean to farm cooking you would have to stand there and watch it all cook. It also means the moment you close it the timers will go back to the vanilla, making any skill-based bonus you have irrelevant. I'm not a big fan of that.

I see. Seems you have good ideas, but just not the right tools for the job, which is a shame, really. I've been playing a lot of Project Zomboid lately, and I love many of the mechanics of that game regarding character progression and skills, and I'd love to see some similar things in 7D2D.

I think since those recipes have been moved to the Chemistry Station, the beaker plugs in there instead of the campfire... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

(<>13<>)

Don't have a Chemistry Station yet so that may be. Looks like the beaker text needs updating then. A never ending job for Val =)

a massive massive way to help with crafting lag is to turn on your favorites (click the star) in every station.

BTW Valmar, I've been turning people on to your overhaul mod. got several new people on it on my server, and posting about it on the 7daystodie subreddit. honestly i couldn't go back to vanilla! if i wasn't on disability id be throwing $ at you, its very well deserved!

A call for testers!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

Valmod Overhaul has seen a lot of rather drastic changes. Would love to hear some input.

Whats new you may ask? Perk system overhaul. Recipe books have been removed from the loot tables. Now everything is purchased through perks. Survivor Notes are now used as a one-time use item to give yourself a skill point. You can still find books in loot, however. These books do not teach you any recipes anymore, now they just give you skill in specific areas. Like reading Robin Hood will give you points in Archery.

Personally I'm quite a fan of this new system as it gives the player more control over how they progress rather than being completely at the mercy of the random number generator. In a way my survivor notes were already doing this system previously. You could use the notes to get a skill point in a specific area or you could save them up purchase recipe books. This is just more of an embrace of that type of style.

While this version is compatible with previous saves it is only compatible in regards to the map being preserved. Unlocked recipes will not carry over. For that reason starting with a fresh character is recommended - or cheating yourself in the class selection item so you can reroll and start over. I look forward to reading your feedback, thank you.

Valmar,

I love the mod. Thanks for your hard work

I downloaded the beta and started a new game choosing the Hunter Class. In the description it stated that you start with an Iron bow and learn the traps recipes.

Unfortunately I started with a wooden bow and did not learn the trap recipes. I did start with 90 arrows and the steel arrow pattern though.

The study has no use in the experimental version, right?

Correct - though I know I still have the recipe in it. That will be removed, no worries.

Valmar,

I downloaded the beta and started a new game choosing the Hunter Class. In the description it stated that you start with an Iron bow and learn the traps recipes.

Unfortunately I started with a wooden bow and did not learn the trap recipes. I did start with 90 arrows and the steel arrow pattern though.

Yes the descriptions still need to be modified to properly reflect the changes.

A call for testers!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

Valmod Overhaul has seen a lot of rather drastic changes. Would love to hear some input.

Whats new you may ask? Perk system overhaul. Recipe books have been removed from the loot tables. Now everything is purchased through perks. Survivor Notes are now used as a one-time use item to give yourself a skill point. You can still find books in loot, however. These books do not teach you any recipes anymore, now they just give you skill in specific areas. Like reading Robin Hood will give you points in Archery.

Personally I'm quite a fan of this new system as it gives the player more control over how they progress rather than being completely at the mercy of the random number generator. In a way my survivor notes were already doing this system previously. You could use the notes to get a skill point in a specific area or you could save them up purchase recipe books. This is just more of an embrace of that type of style.

While this version is compatible with previous saves it is only compatible in regards to the map being preserved. Unlocked recipes will not carry over. For that reason starting with a fresh character is recommended - or cheating yourself in the class selection item so you can reroll and start over. I look forward to reading your feedback, thank you.

:)

Damn i knew i should've Published my MOD...lol

Well done Valmar :)

Do you have any server providers that you suggest for your mod Val? I bought an NFO server for 10 people and the CPU can't even handle half that number.

I have had PingPerfect for a long time now.

and never had no problems and has its own interface to manage it.

No programs need

I pay $62 for 3 months at a time

http://pingperfect.com/gameservers/7dtd-7daystodie.html

- - - Updated - - -

I know the feeling. Val seems to have cameras in our souls...

i checked it out..looks good.

Valmar never really been the type of guy to make it things complicated in his Mods..i think what he is doing will be a better idea in the longrun and he will fall in love with the Progression tree.....When i started playing with it..the first thing i did was Get rid of all the books

him taking this step is good one :)

Valmar,

he siad it was an Experimental version..stuff is bound to be messed up a little

part of the reason i havent released a MOD either...i'm ♥♥♥♥ about it be complete

so what does this mean for book stores and the like?

If he did anything like i did then the Books would still be in there but they would only give you XP in the Perk it says it will

that's my guess

Click on the book i'm sure he did the Descriptions also

Do you have any server providers that you suggest for your mod Val? I bought an NFO server for 10 people and the CPU can't even handle half that number.

While I dont have much personal experience in regards to servers I know Puschpa used to run a server with my mod that was consistently packed full with players. Nitrado was the service used for that server a believe. I suspect they must be a decent provider if that server was able to maintain that many players for as long as it did.

so what does this mean for book stores and the like?

You can still find books in loot. These books do not teach you any recipes anymore, now they just give you skill in specific areas. Like reading Robin Hood will give you points in Archery.

Is that not clear enough? What needs clarification?

Trying to install to my server

I have tried installing this to my server but nothing seems to pop up. I started a new world on random gen and I figured I would add your mod. So I dragged the data and the mods into my server and restarted the server fresh. Well when I get in-game its still vanilla.

If you can add me on steam and maybe help me out that would be great,

Dallas1117

I have tried installing this to my server but nothing seems to pop up. I started a new world on random gen and I figured I would add your mod. So I dragged the data and the mods into my server and restarted the server fresh. Well when I get in-game its still vanilla.

If you can add me on steam and maybe help me out that would be great,

Dallas1117

I sent an invite on steam.

Just discovered this mod and I LOVE IT. besides reading a little about the new crafting, I wanted to discover everything new for myself, So i was out and discovered one of those tank type zombie guys. Suffice to say I nearly crapped my self when after a couple shots he sprinted towards me and then exploded lol!

Archived