Youtube puts a mark on the broadcast of the game - 18 + , how can this be avoided ?

Guys, I really need help. I'm releasing a review of the game and streaming it to YouTube, the fact is that some broadcasts began to fall into the 18+ category, YouTube rejects appeals , what needs to be done so that the video does not fall into this category , please tell me :(

First you must realize that the game itself is rated M for mature.

You can toggle profanity in the audio options, but beyond that I am not sure that there is anything else you could do. Mature content should be rated mature. To do otherwise would be misleading.

36 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

the game itself is rated M for mature.

Dunno if YT actually cares about that, at least JaWoodle, Kage848, Glock9 etc are all available and being promoted to me without logging in. Which seems to mean they're not age-restricted, they kinda literally couldn't be ... :)

9 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Dunno if YT actually cares about that, at least JaWoodle, Kage848, Glock9 etc are all available and being promoted to me without logging in. Which seems to mean they're not age-restricted, they kinda literally couldn't be ... :)

Well does it vary from country to country or does YT have a single standard?

Like tits are considered mature in the USA but passe in Europe.

I don't stream or do much at all with YouTube, but I believe the rating is based on the first certain amount of time in the video (30 seconds, a minute, something else), so avoiding whatever triggers that rating (probably blood, gore, etc in addition to Rekt's language) during that time frame can avoid the problem.  But as I said, I don't stream and this is secondhand info and may be incorrect.

10 minutes ago, Krougal said:

Well does it vary from country to country or does YT have a single standard?

I'm sure there are regional differences, I wouldn't have a clue, but at least some of the arabs might be tad miffed about some content...

I've ran into some "sign in to verify your age" myself, mainly with some game con stuff (E3s and whatnot), but general gaming seems fine - so much so that it can't really be a mistake. There are some rules that the YT creators are dodging, like "no violence or swearing within the first minute", but with the absolute mess that YT rules are even to long term creators, as an outsider, I'm not pretending I could actually answer anything with certainty :)

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

I don't stream or do much at all with YouTube, but I believe the rating is based on the first certain amount of time in the video (30 seconds, a minute, something else), so avoiding whatever triggers that rating

Something like that... I remember when JaWoodle changed his intro from "Welcome to 7 days to Die" into "Welcome to 7 days" for this reason 😉

The game contains profanity, nudity, graphic violence, gore and guns (and other weapons) being used and modified in a non-artistic or scripted / cinematic manner.

Good luck getting it not rated 18+, especially with the new dumb gun rules now.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

5 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

You can toggle profanity in the audio options, but beyond that I am not sure that there is anything else you could do. Mature content should be rated mature. To do otherwise would be misleading.

Oh joy, wait until my ex wife finds out I bought this for our 13 year old for some father and son time.

2 minutes ago, Hostyle said:

Oh joy, wait until my ex wife finds out I bought this for our 13 year old for some father and son time.

Hey, people have been buying GTA for their 5-8 year olds since it first came out. 

10 minutes ago, Hostyle said:

My son plays it and he's 10 and was 9 when he first started playing it.  My other son tried it but didn't like it.  What is acceptable carries based on who you ask and how you raise your kids.  If kids understand the difference between reality and games, it isn't an issue.  Unfortunately, most do not and most parents don't bother teaching their children anymore (at least in the US).

Man, who knew there were so many lousy parents here 😛

No, seriously, j/k, it's great that you guys who have commented take an interest in what your kids are doing and making an effort to spend time with them.

7 hours ago, warmer said:

Dude the gore alone makes it 18+. Not gonna happen. Children should not watch gameplay of this, not should they play it. Hence ya know... The rating system 

I saw blood in the game only in the form of bags. What flies off from the zombies is some kind of rotten mass, not blood.

Posted (edited)

Previously, in version 21, there were no such problems with the age rating, for all videos on my channel I make a note - " not for children" , there is also no monetization on my channel because I am from Russia, but I worry that marking 18+ on the video itself can kill its promotion in the recommendations

Edited by snapelander (see edit history)

1 hour ago, snapelander said:

Previously, in version 21, there were no such problems with the age rating, for all videos on my channel I make a note - " not for children" , there is also no monetization on my channel because I am from Russia, but I worry that marking 18+ on the video itself can kill its promotion in the recommendations

I suppose the blood splatter and the fact that the arms, legs and heads fly in all directions when you blow Zombies up might have contributed to that.

1.0 added a lot of gore to the game.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

15 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

On A20 dev streams, the developers said they wanted to make it possible to disable dismemberment. Why not do it for streamers?

Edited by Chaton Noir (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Fox said:

The game contains profanity, nudity, graphic violence and guns (and other weapons) being used and modified in a non-artistic or scripted / cinematic manner.

Good luck getting it not rated 18+, especially with the new dumb gun rules now.

Nudity? Where?

16 hours ago, Suxar said:

I saw blood in the game only in the form of bags. What flies off from the zombies is some kind of rotten mass, not blood.

You clearly haven't decapitated a single zombie yet