Your daily quest limit.

I just installed the experimental 1.0 version.

I guess I did too many quests in one day, so I get a message saying your daily quest limit has been reached.

edit:  I removed my rant because I realized it wasn't warranted.   This is a setting you can change.   I still kinda think it is absurd to even have a quest limit.  But oh well, I bumped mine to 5. 

Edited by ungkor (see edit history)

You can still do quests and turn them in as normal, only difference is after you get a message those quests do not count towards trader tier progression.
After midnight counter resets for trader progression counting.

I was a bit confused when I saw for the first time the red exclamation icon. Honestly, I am not bothered by the change by much, but the way it was introduced or forced upon players might leave a bad taste indeed. I would rather see some intel on the progression info with the trader. Overall, the change is nothing unusual but not the most elegant way to slow down the progression.

Quests are not being limited, any player might still get a reward after accomplishing the mission... but additional rewards regarding trader progression are being toned down.

Not mentioned yet: There is a config setting where you can change the limit, even to unlimited if you want.

The game is balanced around a normal progression where you don't have concrete and chem station on the second horde night. Would make the mid game for many players rather boring. Furthermore there is the danger that unsuspecting players try to clear tier 4 POIs with pipe weapons because why not, the trader gave out those quests.

So on **default** settings your trader reputation will only be increasing every 3 days. You could still be doing tier 4 quests around the second horde night, which is still somewhat too early for a novice. And if you really need to be at tier5 quests at that time, then there is a very easy option to change.

Your protest though might be a hint that the icon in the game isn't clearly communicating what the limit really means.

I am currently playing with 3 other mates so the change has no impact even with default settings. I do their missions with them also, so practically no impact whatsoever on my progression. 1.0 version is a good update in my view. I do not feel bored or burnt out so far.

In reality, there aren't many players who do quests more than three times a day. Especially this time, the quest rewards have been weakened, so I often didn't do quests in single-player, including digging holes in the tutorial.

However, once it's implemented, it will become the norm, and my opinion as just one player will have little meaning. In short, this is just my impression and my diary.

24 minutes ago, meganoth said:

How do you know?

I left out too many details.
The premise is "if it's basically the default settings".
In that case, I think that it's rare for an average player to be able to clear a quest more than three times a day.
That's what I "think". The above comment was not a statement of fact, so please ignore it.

For example, I often see streamers playing with a setting of 120 minutes, so three times may be a low number.
(With a setting of 120 minutes, zombies' bags may disappear before the end of BMH, so some streamers install a mod that extends the time it takes for the bag to disappear to prevent this. This is a similar problem that occurs due to the day length setting.)

Having written this much, I thought that if you set an interval for accepting a quest itself, it won't be affected by the day length setting.
This is likely to cause a different kind of backlash in its own right, though.

51 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE SHOULD BE A SETTING?

zombie spawns 

I wish! +1 

Feels sort of empty sometimes. I liked A16 mechanic where zombies sniffed you outwhen you entered new town and you had to "Clear the streets" first before you looked for loot etc...
You get more of them in wasteland but they just keep spawning in out of thing air behind you even after you cleared them.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, binf_shinana said:

I left out too many details.
The premise is "if it's basically the default settings".
In that case, I think that it's rare for an average player to be able to clear a quest more than three times a day.
That's what I "think". The above comment was not a statement of fact, so please ignore it.

For example, I often see streamers playing with a setting of 120 minutes, so three times may be a low number.
(With a setting of 120 minutes, zombies' bags may disappear before the end of BMH, so some streamers install a mod that extends the time it takes for the bag to disappear to prevent this. This is a similar problem that occurs due to the day length setting.)

Having written this much, I thought that if you set an interval for accepting a quest itself, it won't be affected by the day length setting.
This is likely to cause a different kind of backlash in its own right, though.

An interval would be more consistent with changed day length settings, no question about it. But both are settings, so easily changeable to fit each other. The advantage of the daily reset is that it is very easy to understand, less artificial, and counting while playing is similarily easy. 

So I think a **daily** limit is the right solution.

13 minutes ago, meganoth said:

An interval would be more consistent with changed day length settings, no question about it. But both are settings, so easily changeable to fit each other. The advantage of the daily reset is that it is very easy to understand, less artificial, and counting while playing is similarily easy. 

So I think a **daily** limit is the right solution.

Since it's a buff, I wrote it with the assumption that real-time time would be used for the judgment (e.g., 10-minute intervals in real life).

Even if you limit it to the number of times per day, if it's a lot, like 8 times, I don't think you'll remember the number of times you've cleared it. (I know that the quest completion date and time is written in the quest result, so it can be counted even if you forget, but I think there are many players who don't know this.)

And if you can remove the limit in the options, is there paradoxically a need to set a limit?

I almost never did quests in 1.0, so I'd like to throw the ball to quest maniacs on this matter.

(Addendum) Ah, but if that's the case, you can reply, "It's the same as players who don't like the length of a day being able to extend their day," so it's a pointless discussion.

Well, I'll leave the ball to quest maniacs for now.

Edited by binf_shinana (see edit history)

1 hour ago, binf_shinana said:

And if you can remove the limit in the options, is there paradoxically a need to set a limit?

If you can turn on creative menue in the options, is there a need to have it turned off at default?

1 hour ago, binf_shinana said:

Even if you limit it to the number of times per day, if it's a lot, like 8 times, I don't think you'll remember the number of times you've cleared it.

Correct. But you still would always know that at the start of a new day the counter is 0 again.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I guess I just support more freedom than less, as I like sandbox games.

I didn't realize this was a setting I could change, so thank you for everyone letting me know.

4 hours ago, stryker290 said:

Where is the option to change this?  Looked thru entire server config file and didn't see it anywhere.  

I replied to you in the other thread.  serverconfig.xml at the very end.

<property name="QuestProgressionDailyLimit"        value="3"/>                    <!-- Limits the number of quests that contribute to quest tier progression a player can complete each day. Quests after the limit can still be completed for rewards. -->

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

I replied to you in the other thread.  serverconfig.xml at the very end.

<property name="QuestProgressionDailyLimit"        value="3"/>                    <!-- Limits the number of quests that contribute to quest tier progression a player can complete each day. Quests after the limit can still be completed for rewards. -->

Our config.xml dosen't have that line, what is another option?

Think I fixed it, had to copy the command line from my single player config and paste it onto the multiplayer config.  Now I see it when I join the server.  Somebody should post a sticky for all the people renting servers that will have to do this .

Is there a way to turn this off either through the debug console or a config file? the server config doesn't do it for single player, and I don't have the option to do it on the Advanced or any other tab.

6 minutes ago, Vomgnar said:

Is there a way to turn this off either through the debug console or a config file? the server config doesn't do it for single player, and I don't have the option to do it on the Advanced or any other tab.

It should be at the bottom of your advanced tab when you are loading the game to load.  If you don't see that, air a screenshot of your advanced tab that also shows the game version.

If you just mean you only have numbers up to 8, go down (left) instead of up (right) and you will find it.  For some reason they put it on the wrong end of the choices.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

I'm not a fan of this configuration either. If one can do 10 quests in a day, let them do it. 

Glad they did at least make it an option to up the quest limit or even to unlimited. 

Like @Riamus says, go left to change it to unlimited. The far right option max is 8.