Anyone found Quad pocket mod schems?

Anyone who has found the schematic, go out and play in the lottery. You're guaranteed to hit the jackpot as lucky as you are. The schematic is marked as rare in a loot group that is so flooded with magazines that even finding a schematic has become a rarity in itself.

EDIT: I have now collected all the magazines. That means all boosts should be at zero and yet I mostly find magazines only when I loot bookshelves.

If the quad pocket mod schematic was at least a guaranteed reward for completing the T6 quests, I would be happy because the reward for completing 10 T6 quests and killing shiploads of zombies is very disappointing to be honest. Or trader Joel could sell it at max trader stage for as much as a Q6 solar cell costs.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

The schematic is very rare.  It is only a 1.2% chance of dropping in the loot group it is part of, and it is not sold by the traders.

You cannot loot or buy the mod itself.  The only way to get the mod is via the Kill Tourist challenge.

I got the quad pocket schem as a trader reward from Rekt. It was after the update that reset my trader missions level, and I got it after a Tier 4 quest to a wasteland POI. Might have been the extra reward set for completing enough Tier 4 quests and I am perked into better rewards from the Trader.

8 hours ago, OneManStanding said:

I got the quad pocket schem as a trader reward from Rekt. It was after the update that reset my trader missions level, and I got it after a Tier 4 quest to a wasteland POI. Might have been the extra reward set for completing enough Tier 4 quests and I am perked into better rewards from the Trader.

Are you positive it was the schematic and not the mod?  You get the mod from the trader after killing enough tourists, like BFT2020 said.  If it was in quest rewards, people should see it more often, even with a low chance.

I will check the bundles tonight to see if it is part of them.  I did check the loot, quest, and trader xml files - none of those had the mod as a reward except for Kill Tourists challenge.  I didn't think of checking the bundles in the items xml file this morning before I left for work.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

Are you positive it was the schematic and not the mod?

It was the schematic. At the time I'd read about the quad mod and wondered where you got it. The tripple and double mods were using up a lot of space on my armour, so I ran away and made four quad mods. It was an infested mission if that helps.

Edited by OneManStanding (see edit history)

31 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

It was the schematic. At the time I'd read about the quad mod and wondered where you got it. The tripple and double mods were using up a lot of space on my armour, so I ran away and made four quad mods. It was an infested mission if that helps.

Correct, that loot group is one of the rewards you can get - and this is available in all quests, just not infection clear quests.

10 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I will check the bundles tonight to see if it is part of them.  I did check the loot, quest, and trader xml files - none of those had the mod as a reward except for Kill Tourists challenge.  I didn't think of checking the bundles in the items xml file this morning before I left for work.

Could you please tell me which files you are looking at this in?

• 1 month later...

I haven't found one either. I'm not sure why they even added it, it's not necessary since they didn't increase backpack space. The triple pocket mod worked just fine before and they didn't create a need for the quadruple now so no need to find the schematic, it's pointless.

20 minutes ago, Redhand711 said:

they didn't create a need

With the update you lost 6 pocket slots in clothing, and one triple in the missing piece of armor, so 9 slots total. Going from triples to quads in the current armor only gives +4; it's currently counterbalanced by being able to stack several pocket mods in a piece, but overall you have less pocket space now. And the ability to stack em feels mostly like a bug... prolly going to change with the outfit changes they got planned.

I wouldn't say it was a bug.  I think a dev even mentioned stacking them as being an option, though I might be wrong about that since that was a long time ago.  And I don't think they'll add more places for pockets in the armor/clothing update, so I don't see them removing stacking.  Stacking is already counterbalanced by not being able to use other mods if you're using multiple pocket mods, so it's not OP.

But yes, it's because there are fewer clothing/armor items to put pocket mods in, so you have a larger size that you can use.  But finding the schematic is so rare that it's kind of pointless.  I think they need to increase the odds of finding that a little bit.  Not a lot, but enough that you're likely to find it each game instead of maybe finding one within 3 games or whatever.

The quad pocket mod is definitely not useless as it saves needing as many pocket mods that block use of other mods and gives you an alternative to always needing to use Pack Mule if you want to fully remove encumbrance.

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

With the update you lost 6 pocket slots in clothing, and one triple in the missing piece of armor, so 9 slots total. Going from triples to quads in the current armor only gives +4; it's currently counterbalanced by being able to stack several pocket mods in a piece, but overall you have less pocket space now. And the ability to stack em feels mostly like a bug... prolly going to change with the outfit changes they got planned.

They didn't create a need for the quad. 2 pts into PACK MULE and a triple mod in the 4 armor pieces and there ya go, you now have every available backpack spot open for use. Like I said, there was no need for the quad. Your entire backpack being available for use is still, as it was in earlier alphas without the quad, possible. 2 pts into pack mule plus 4 triple mods and there's the 18 slots now open. No need for the quad. They would need to increase backpack size and not allow pocket mod stacking for the quad mod to be needed. You're only missing 18 spaces from the start. They should have increased the backpack size and increased the possibility of finding the quad, otherwise the quad is useless.

22 minutes ago, Redhand711 said:

They didn't create a need for the quad. 2 pts into PACK MULE and a triple mod in the 4 armor pieces and there ya go, you now have every available backpack spot open for use. Like I said, there was no need for the quad. Your entire backpack being available for use is still, as it was in earlier alphas without the quad, possible. 2 pts into pack mule plus 4 triple mods and there's the 18 slots now open. No need for the quad. They would need to increase backpack size and not allow pocket mod stacking for the quad mod to be needed. You're only missing 18 spaces from the start. They should have increased the backpack size and increased the possibility of finding the quad, otherwise the quad is useless.

Not everyone wants to put points into Pack Mule.  This offers an alternative.  If you don't need it yourself, don't use it.  It's there for people who want to use it and doesn't impact your own gameplay any to have it there.  It seems your actual complaint isn't that it isn't useful but that you wanted them to make the backpack larger instead.  That doesn't make the quad pocket mod useless just because they didn't increase the backpack size.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

Not everyone wants to put points into Pack Mule.  This offers an alternative.  If you don't need it yourself, don't use it.  It's there for people who want to use it and doesn't impact your own gameplay any to have it there.  It seems your actual complaint isn't that it isn't useful but that you wanted them to make the backpack larger instead.  That doesn't make the quad pocket mod useless just because they didn't increase the backpack size.

lol my point is it is not needed at all. even if you don't want to put points into pack mule and you only used quad pocket mods, you're still shy 2 backpack slots. 4 x 4 = 16 not 18 so how can you get all of your backpack slots open if only using the quad? with 1 point into pack mule. You can't avoid pack mule completely. Not to mention you can go a full game and only come across 1 quad pocket mod so why would wait, hope and pray to find 3 more? I don't care about the quad pocket mod because.... it's not needed. 2 points into pack mule plus 4 triple pocket mods and there's the 18 slots now available to use without negative effects. Point is for any new players, don't sweat it if you can't find any quad pocket mods, ya don't need any at all. The quad pocket mod doesn't offer an alternative at all because you still need at least 1 point into pack mule plus you'll never find 4 quad pocket mods. They simply could have added an extra 9 available slots and made the quad mod a little easier to come across. TFPs adding it did nothing at all to the game except make players look for something that they will 99.9% of the time not come across more than once in any game play they go through. My issue isn't with the quad mod, it's with TFPs adding it into the game for absolutely no reason at all except to save you from putting 1 point into pack mule lol all that work to add it to the game for 1 point lol. They could have added more reason to use the work stations or added more variety to food or more weapons and more types of ammo or more vehicles each with their own pros and cons. Not waste time of designing and coding into the game something that has absolutely no need to have.

1 hour ago, Redhand711 said:

lol my point is it is not needed at all. even if you don't want to put points into pack mule and you only used quad pocket mods, you're still shy 2 backpack slots. 4 x 4 = 16 not 18 so how can you get all of your backpack slots open if only using the quad? with 1 point into pack mule. You can't avoid pack mule completely. Not to mention you can go a full game and only come across 1 quad pocket mod so why would wait, hope and pray to find 3 more? I don't care about the quad pocket mod because.... it's not needed. 2 points into pack mule plus 4 triple pocket mods and there's the 18 slots now available to use without negative effects. Point is for any new players, don't sweat it if you can't find any quad pocket mods, ya don't need any at all. The quad pocket mod doesn't offer an alternative at all because you still need at least 1 point into pack mule plus you'll never find 4 quad pocket mods. They simply could have added an extra 9 available slots and made the quad mod a little easier to come across. TFPs adding it did nothing at all to the game except make players look for something that they will 99.9% of the time not come across more than once in any game play they go through. My issue isn't with the quad mod, it's with TFPs adding it into the game for absolutely no reason at all except to save you from putting 1 point into pack mule lol all that work to add it to the game for 1 point lol. They could have added more reason to use the work stations or added more variety to food or more weapons and more types of ammo or more vehicles each with their own pros and cons. Not waste time of designing and coding into the game something that has absolutely no need to have.

You can stack pocket mods of different sizes in the same armour piece, now.

Without the quad you'd have to use up 7 of your potential maximum of 12 armour mod slots to fully unlock inventory without using pack mule. Four triples and three doubles. And to do that forces you to burn a head slot, which are the most useful slots.

With the quad, you can do it in 5, with three quads and two triples. You can do that while leaving your head slots untouched, too.

It has an impact.

1 hour ago, Redhand711 said:

They could have added more reason to use the work stations or added more variety to food or more weapons and more types of ammo or more vehicles each with their own pros and cons. Not waste time of designing and coding into the game something that has absolutely no need to have.

That doesn't even make sense.  Other than art for it, it's just a copy/paste of the triple pocket mod in the XML with a change to remove an extra overburden slot.  It likely took them less than 5 minutes to add unless they were taking their time.  Again, that's not counting time to do the art, but that's not going to affect them having time to make those kinds of changes if they wanted to do them.  They're unlikely to add more weapons or ammo or food, they have said about the only vehicle they might add is a raft and that's only if they make water more of a challenge.  So the quad pocket mod isn't going to impact your wishes for the game in any way.

I've found a single quad mod and that was pretty late game. I've never seen the schematic. Don't forget, there are also 2 armor outfits (that I know of) that give varying amounts of pocket space depending on quality which further negates the need for mods. Which is great. Another option for those who don't want pack mule or tons of mods. IMO though, those outfits shouldn't remove the encumbrance of existing slots, but rather should add more, already-unencumbered slots.

In general, the encumbrance and pocket system is fine. I've seen it suggested before, and would fully support a change to where the only way to remove encumbrance on existing slots is through Pack Mule. Pocket Mods and Outfits, on the other hand, just add new unencumbered slots. That way, even late game any pocket mod still has a use if the player wants to carry more items.

On 10/8/2024 at 12:18 AM, Riamus said:

That doesn't even make sense.  Other than art for it, it's just a copy/paste of the triple pocket mod in the XML with a change to remove an extra overburden slot.  It likely took them less than 5 minutes to add unless they were taking their time.  Again, that's not counting time to do the art, but that's not going to affect them having time to make those kinds of changes if they wanted to do them.  They're unlikely to add more weapons or ammo or food, they have said about the only vehicle they might add is a raft and that's only if they make water more of a challenge.  So the quad pocket mod isn't going to impact your wishes for the game in any way.

I don't care if it took 5 minutes or 5 years, it's a wasted mod as they have it. There is zero need for it so why add any time especially from a company that is ALWAYS behind, to do something that would have no use for? They could have done so many other things that would make a difference. Your point makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and makes me have to ask, do you work for TFPs?

Feel free to troll if that is what you want.  I like it.  Others like it.  If you don't, that doesn't make it worth any less to those who like it. 

And AFAIK anyone paying on this forum who works for TFP has a colored name.  Though there is a conspiracy theory that Joel has an alternate account.  Heh.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Redhand711 said:

I don't care if it took 5 minutes or 5 years, it's a wasted mod as they have it. There is zero need for it so why add any time especially from a company that is ALWAYS behind, to do something that would have no use for? They could have done so many other things that would make a difference. Your point makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and makes me have to ask, do you work for TFPs?

I have to ask: Did you understand the information that pocket mods now stack, i.e. that you can put a triple and a quad pocket mod in the same armor piece? And if yes, do you understand the implication that you can get away with less pocket mods to get all pockets unlocked if you have quad pocket mods?

If you answer yes to both, please explain again why there is zero need for it.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)