V1.0 b316 EXP (b317 Hotfix)

57 minutes ago, Thaledwyn said:

Is it intended, that you now always get sneak bonus dmg if you crouch, even on a bright day amd zombies are already awake / in fight?

This would be a HUGE buff to stealth build!

Like if stealth needs a buff lmao. 

Stealth Archer is pretty strong 

"Must be the wind"

5 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Is it intended, that you now always get sneak bonus dmg if you crouch, even on a bright day amd zombies are already awake / in fight?

This would be a HUGE buff to stealth build!

Update:

Only the client gets unlimited sneak dmg bonus (and only with bows and knives, sledgehammer did not!)

Also testet this on a new RWG map on b317.

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, Grognard said:

I've noticed that the crossbow no longer automatically reloads ammo after firing, while the bow still does.  Is that a bug or working as intended?

It also doesn't auto load a bolt when you switch ammo type either

5 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

It also doesn't auto load a bolt when you switch ammo type either

They don't in vanilla, at least not for some time. You can mod it to enable autoreload. The compound crossbow though has a bug where the auto-reloaded bolt doesn't show.

22 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Update:

After finishing tier 2 quests (30/60 tier points now), my wife finally got a reward, I still got nothing.

If you are interested in the log, please let me know.

New try on a new RWG map:

Did 7 Tier 1 quests in a group after the introducing quest, but my quest counter only sits at 6/10 (host), my wife's counter sits at 7/10. (did all quests togehter)

In addition: After relog, my quest counter went back to 4/10, my wife's quest coutner is back to 5/10!

Daily quest settings were set to "unlimited" at map start.

5 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

New try on a new RWG map:

Did 7 Tier 1 quests in a group after the introducing quest, but my quest counter only sits at 6/10 (host), my wife's counter sits at 7/10. (did all quests togehter)

In addition: After relog, my quest counter went back to 4/10, my wife's quest coutner is back to 5/10!

Daily quest settings were set to "unlimited" at map start.

You should create a bug report.  Posting it here won't get much, if any, attention from the devs.  Click the big red banner at the top.  I had one instance where I was 1 quest behind someone I was questing with and we were positive we completed all the quests together, but I couldn't be sure and just ignored it.  I haven't had an issue since, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug.  If you report it, they can look into it.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

You should create a bug report.  Posting it here won't get much, if any, attention from the devs.  Click the big red banner at the top.  I had one instance where I was 1 quest behind someone I was questing with and we were positive we completed all the quests together, but I couldn't be sure and just ignored it.  I haven't had an issue since, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug.  If you report it, they can look into it.

Already did.

Info was in the same post like the memo hint... Didn't want to sound rude there.

20 hours ago, Wynd said:

Is anyone seeing this issue on the top curtains after the b317 hotfix? https://imgur.com/a/OKQaEpj

Yup, been noticing that!

Also been noticing that crawlers seem to "jump" forward when shot or otherwise attacked for the first time since the hotfix as well. Seems a little cheap, so I'm going to guess it was not intended behavior.

14 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Also been noticing that crawlers seem to "jump" forward when shot or otherwise attacked for the first time since the hotfix as well. Seems a little cheap, so I'm going to guess it was not intended behavior.

Cough... zombie spinning ballet-stumble to leap towards you when hit?

That was intentional.

I believe the crawlers getting beamed closer by Scotty is indeed intentional.

Love the game, but some of these changes to be "more challenging" are just supremely aggravating and frustrating.

4 minutes ago, Laran Mithras said:

Cough... zombie spinning ballet-stumble to leap towards you when hit?

That was intentional.

I believe the crawlers getting beamed closer by Scotty is indeed intentional.

Love the game, but some of these changes to be "more challenging" are just supremely aggravating and frustrating.

That's the funny thing though. The crawlers jumping forward isn't even always towards the player. Like if I see one that hasn't noticed me, and it's heading in a completely different direction, it still "jumps" forward in the direction it was originally facing. Seems more like a glitch, really.

On 7/13/2024 at 3:16 AM, schwanz9000 said:

Yes sir!

Changed: Improved screamer spawning rules to account for a wider range of player activity (ActivityLevelToSpawn 100>25, SpawnChance .7>.2, CooldownDelay 15>4, +CooldownLongDelay 22, CooldownNeighborDelay 4>3)

can someone explain what this actually means in simpler terms?  if possible explain this like i'm a 5yr old :)

i'm familiar with the old way the heatmap worked, get to 100 and there is a chance for a screamer to spawn...this however is very confusing and it's just not clicking in my brain.  i'm sorry if this is super simple for everyone but i'm struggling to understand what any of this means. 

Just shortly after completing a T4 Clear Quest in the snow biome 3 Irradiated Screamers show up and called some friends... that was crazy. But I love how it's set up now with wandering hordes etc...

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2024.07.15 - 20.07.43.30.png

2 hours ago, GRITTY said:

...explain this like I'm a 5yr old

The activity level required to trigger is 25%. A single campfire burning fuel with no other activity takes over an hour to hit 25%.
Once that triggers, it then has a 20% chance to spawn a screamer.
If nothing spawns, reset activity level, and wait 4 minutes without accumulating additional activity level.
Repeat activity level build up, the 20% chance, and the 4 minute cooldowns until one spawns.
When one does spawn, wait 22 minutes for a long cooldown before starting over.

Yeah the screamers are out in force. They spawn so easily now. I think it's great.

Also, can we get more zombies roaming around everywhere at all times. I wanna look out my house at night and see 10 or 15 zombies spread out across the area. Nothing crazy.

16 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

The activity level required to trigger is 25%. A single campfire burning fuel with no other activity takes over an hour to hit 25%.
Once that triggers, it then has a 20% chance to spawn a screamer.
If nothing spawns, reset activity level, and wait 4 minutes without accumulating additional activity level.
Repeat activity level build up, the 20% chance, and the 4 minute cooldowns until one spawns.
When one does spawn, wait 22 minutes for a long cooldown before starting over.

Is it normal for two to spawn at once now? Apologies if that's a stupid question. Saw it first in GNS' new Vanguard series and it actually happened to me in my game last night. I had the campfire going and was doing some demo/remo work on my base ( broke like, maybe ten blocks all at once because I like the sound stone/concrete makes when it does ) and two showed up together. Only one screamer horde spawned, however—and they both screamed/growled at me because I didn't kill either in one hit.

I had 2 feral screamers show up with their friends when no fires were going, just me digging up clay outside the base.  I may have still been making a few hundred cobblestone rocks in the workbench but that's it.

6 hours ago, DocRussel said:

I had 2 feral screamers show up with their friends when no fires were going, just me digging up clay outside the base.  I may have still been making a few hundred cobblestone rocks in the workbench but that's it.

Oh yeah I forgot. I had a brain fart and forgot ore nodes existed, so I was running around the neighborhood breaking things with a pickaxe for iron. That alone was enough to spawn screamer.

9 hours ago, vergilsparda said:

Is it normal for two to spawn at once now?

Yes. There is a chance to spawn one or two at the beginning of the screamer event. If one of them screams, there is a chance to spawn another screamer from the list of zombies per game stage.

For those that may not know:
Making sound like falling blocks, chopping trees, mining ore, and firing weapons creates activity "heat".
It is not just the "heat" of fires burning.
The Heat Map is more about activity than it is physical heat.