V1.0 b316 EXP (b317 Hotfix)

Is there a bug with the Biker outfit and also the set bonus?

When equipping Biker chest piece tier 1, it results LESS armor than with tier 4 primitive chest?!

Edit: Nevermind, when armor is damaged you have less armor....

Btw.: No bike reward after 10 Tier quests anymore?

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

They should be hostile.  Feral chickens are no joke they scary

YEAHHHHH i like it....pls make a poi where are 50 from this in it HAHAHA...we need a killer rabbit 2

the motorcycle the big one,  is now 25% slower?

35 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

No changes. Bicycle should be a fixed reward for the Tier 1 quest complete. 

We had 8/10 quest tier progress each before the patch. Did 2 quests in a group (we set the daily quest progression limit to "unlimited" instead of "3"), no bike. Even did an additional quest (maybe the counter was wrong internally) but still no bike from Rekt.

But both had a bike reward after 10/10 when doing 20 quests in a group in our first playthrough.

2 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Only used for Twitch game events, but I'm sure the mod community will make use of them. 😛

Back in like a12 or so I used to make a mod that had a chance for all animals to spawn feral.  Added a random chicken horde in similar to the dog horde also.

• Hated changed the title to V1.0 b316 EXP (b317 Hotfix)
18 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

plyerWoodWritableStorage should be playerWoodWritableStorage

Please send a bug report with your server output log so we can take a look. Thanks!

Sinkhole is a Twitch command.

Controller fix? The one for Win7?

No the controllers buttons were all changed with the release of 1.0. 

There are LOTS of us who want the old controller schemes back. I play with a PS4 controller and the updated controls suck big time

Loving the patches. Thanks for all your work pimps.

One question. What is with the size of the patches? We have downloaded 7 days to die approximately 2 to 3 times this month with just patches alone. I assume more is on their way. You are tagging in hotfixes to the prior patch struct or something weird with steam? We had the original experimental patch at just over 10 gigs, a 'hotfix' around 8 gigs. Then a normal patch around 8 again and now this 6 gig patch which is marked as 'hotfix' again. The base game is 20 gigs so at this rate of patching, we will be downloading 7 days to die 3-5 times in a single month. Any way to ease up on the size of the 'hotfix'. Hard to comprehend a 6 gig hotfix. That is 30% of your entire game

7 minutes ago, Obsessive Compulsive said:

One question. What is with the size of the patches? We have downloaded 7 days to die approximately 2 to 3 times this month with just patches alone. I assume more is on their way. You are tagging in hotfixes to the prior patch struct or something weird with steam? We had the original experimental patch at just over 10 gigs, a 'hotfix' around 8 gigs. Then a normal patch around 8 again and now this 6 gig patch which is marked as 'hotfix' again. The base game is 20 gigs so at this rate of patching, we will be downloading 7 days to die 3-5 times in a single month. Any way to ease up on the size of the 'hotfix'. Hard to comprehend a 6 gig hotfix. That is 30% of your entire game

Size of the patch is all based on what is changed and how the build server constructs it.

10 minutes ago, Obsessive Compulsive said:

It’s an experimental and unstable release. It will be updated frequently. This is what you signed up for. 

2 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

No plans that I know of.
Like the old days, eh. Remind me what that was again?

Waaay back before Alpha 14 you could adjust the spawn rates.  It was removed because UMA zeds tanked performance, and has since been capped for performance reasons.  We ran the servers for our groups with a max spawn limit of 250 on the easy servers, and up to 450 on our harder servers.  

Up until a21, the max you could set for maxalive was 90. Anything higher and it would screw up the AI, and also turn your bloodmoon into a slide show.  As of a21, I'be been able to go as high as 128, but it needs good hardware. Most players computers couldn't handle it.

2 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

It’s an experimental and unstable release. It will be updated frequently. This is what you signed up for. 

7 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

Very good. Nobody was complaining. Not even once. I asked whats the deal with the size of hotfixes and curious if they could be reduced, which they answered, vaguely but then you chimed in with this why? What does this have to do with anything? I am a game developer outside of 7 days and have been making mods for it for years. You are talking like this is entirely a new concept. Weird

3 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

We had 8/10 quest tier progress each before the patch. Did 2 quests in a group (we set the daily quest progression limit to "unlimited" instead of "3"), no bike. Even did an additional quest (maybe the counter was wrong internally) but still no bike from Rekt.

But both had a bike reward after 10/10 when doing 20 quests in a group in our first playthrough.

You no longer get points toward tier completion unless the quest is yours.  So you will not get points from a shared quest from someone else.  That means for a group of two players, you need to do 20 quests per tier (10 each).  So still 10 per player, but now you can't share the points from shared quests.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

You no longer get points toward tier completion unless the quest is yours.  So you will not get points from a shared quest from someone else.  That means for a group of two players, you need to do 20 quests per tier (2 each).

Not true anymore. You get quest points up to the daily limit which can now be set in the options or server config.

5 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You no longer get points toward tier completion unless the quest is yours.  So you will not get points from a shared quest from someone else.  That means for a group of two players, you need to do 20 quests per tier (2 each).

Didn't you get the b316 patch notes memo? SCNR

Btw.: I created a bug report, maybe it is reproducible by someone.

7 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

It was removed because UMA zeds tanked performance

What was UMA zombies? Was that like a character creator tool but for zombies?

I think it would be great to have that feature, like how those WWE games (or I guess how any game with character creator features) work. We can create our own zombies and share them. It wouldn't require any additional files for people to load in because it would work off in-game data. 

I'm doing that now as mods but with custom textures. I'm mostly making zombies that fit within the TFP vanilla style - no big sci-fi creatures or anything. But it's a bit of a pain in the buttocks to implement. 

There's a simple character creator program called Fuse, free on Steam. If there was a TFP Zombie version of that, built into the game, that would kinda be amazing.

1 hour ago, Outlaw_187 said:

No the controllers buttons were all changed with the release of 1.0. 

There are LOTS of us who want the old controller schemes back. I play with a PS4 controller and the updated controls suck big time

Yep. Feeling very left out. I'm on a ROG Ally. So no mouse or keyboard. Could even deal with inventory with touch screen. Now disabled.

Edited by darkodin (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Obsessive Compulsive said:

The first hotfix was only about 500MB if you already got the first patch.  At least for me.

37 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Not true anymore. You get quest points up to the daily limit which can now be set in the options or server config.

Oh?  That was changed in the patch?  Great news!  I didn't see it in the patch notes.

1 hour ago, Thaledwyn said:

Didn't you get the b316 patch notes memo? SCNR

Btw.: I created a bug report, maybe it is reproducible by someone.

No need to be snide.  I read the change log about 3 minutes after it was posted.  That section at the top that mentions the change was not there at that time.  The first item was the new tile.  I didn't read it again and change logs don't normally change until there is a new patch.

You can see what I saw by looking at the edit history of the first post and scrolling to the very bottom to see the original version and that item is not listed there.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)