V1.0 b312 EXP (b313 hotfix)

15 minutes ago, meganoth said:

デフォルト以外の場所にインストールした場合は、「force_install_dir <ゲームのインストール ディレクトリへのディレクトリ パス>」を実行する必要があります。その後、「login anonymous」を実行する必要があります。

Not solo,
It's a multi-server. .
Maybe I'm saying it differently...

37 minutes ago, meganoth said:

My guess is that it was a very illogical setting to begin with. Someone just putting points into log picking might be astonished to find lots and lots of workstation magazines while someone actually investing in that perk would get much less. Sure, now you only have the choice of all or no "technical magazines", but it is much more sensible.

During the streamer weekend, I unlocked Q6 armour on day 30 with 52 minute days. And with 2 points in lockpicking I didn't even have the chem station unlocked on day 30.

The best way to balance forge ahead (IMO) would be to double the required magazines needed, triple the loot probability boost that advanced engineering provides (forge ahead), and leave lockpicking as it was.

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, specifying a cap on crafting skill by changing picking skill is not a nerf to picking skill, but rather an enhancement.
I won't go into why it is an enhancement.
It's very simple arithmetic, so I'm sure you're all smart enough to notice it right away.

Edited by binf_shinana (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Hated said:

Forge Ahead magazine loot boost from Lock Picking perk is now capped at level 15 of workstation crafting

why, what is the purpose of this change? as others have pointed out this ruins the perk for people playing it normally, and min maxers will just stop at 14 and hoard a fat stack  of forge ahead books until they can max it.

please revert this change and come up with a better solution

1 hour ago, FranticDan said:

During the streamer weekend, I unlocked Q6 armour on day 30 with 52 minute days. And with 2 points in lockpicking I didn't even have the chem station unlocked on day 30.

The best way to balance forge ahead (IMO) would be to double the required magazines needed, triple the loot probability boost that advanced engineering provides (forge ahead), and leave lockpicking as it was.

I wasn't talking about balance, but logic and expectations.

Also magazine drop is random, one single game doesn't tell much. I invested 1 point into the wrench perk but had to play until day 18 to even reach the ability to make a quality 2 wrench!

Generally I am quite pleased with the crafting progression in my own game. Armor may or may not be balanced, it is the new kid on the block and TFPs track record for initial balance isn't really good. It would have been more useful if you mentioned how far you were with weapons on day 30.

1 hour ago, binf_shinana said:

Unfortunately, specifying a cap on crafting skill by changing picking skill is not a nerf to picking skill, but rather an enhancement.
I won't go into why it is an enhancement.
It's very simple arithmetic, so I'm sure you're all smart enough to notice it right away.

No, not smart enough, I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, meganoth said:

It would have been more useful if you mentioned how far you were with weapons on day 30.

I believe I crafted a Q6 machete around day 28 before the horde. Can't remember exactly, it was very quick and definitely not day 70 like the patch notes suggested

7 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

I believe I crafted a Q6 machete around day 28 before the horde. Can't remember exactly, it was very quick and definitely not day 70 like the patch notes suggested

Noticing your name I am not surprised 😁. I am definitely slower, but I don't expect to have to wait for day 70 either. But the patch notes speak of "will find themselves still engaged on day 70" which is as vague as a prediction can be.

Generally they did succeed in prolonging everything and I am quite pleased with how well it is balanced in my own game, though I haven't been too far in yet. I will have to see on what day I reach the cement mixer and if that looks right. At the moment I haven't even had a need to place cobblestone and concrete would be much too early.

Of course, I understand that this is an experimental version and all that, and up or nerf is an integral part of this process, but why make it so that armor modules cannot be inserted into heavy armor? Let's say you've nerf heavy armor. In 309, it was 22.4 per item +2 per module for a total of 97.6% armor, that is, 2.4% incoming damage, and probably it was right, I don't know, in 312 you reduced both the armor itself to 21.1 and removed the possibility of mods +2, as a result, the armor became a total of 84.4%, that is, 15.6% incoming the damage, that is, 15.6 / 2.4 will be incoming damage, other things being equal, from NPCs for me has become 6.5 times more. okay, this is experimental, this word justifies everything, let's say you made a mistake and couldn't immediately add up and understand that 97.6% of armor without other things reducing damage is a lot, and now you realized the mistake and fixed it, but why segment mods and kill the opportunity to insert +2 armor into heavy armor?, just cut 2% armor with heavy and return the mod insert +2% armor. Thank, english not my native language. By the way, in 309 there was a problem with the stamina recovery rate depending on the fps of the client, at low fps values of about 7-11, stamina is significantly slower to recover, compared to other people on the server, I do not know if this is fixed in 312, perhaps this is a known problem or feature I don't know the engine/code of the game.

2 hours ago, FranticDan said:

The biggest problem is the same as it ever was: Advanced Engineering boosts the probabilities for three magazines, Forge Ahead, Electrical Engineering, and Electrical Traps. This is the only perks and magazine combination which works like this and should honestly be changed. Perhaps Batons should regulate Electrical magazines instead, or at least Traps, while leaving Advanced Engineering governing basic electricity and workstations, but not traps specifically. Or perhaps another Perk might govern electrical Traps.

Alternately, perhaps other perks like Vehicles or Physician could add small boosts to workstation book-finding.

Or at least let lockpicks boost up to 25, so people can at least get to workstations to make lockpicks WITH.

I don't mind if it takes more perk points to find the magazines you need, but removing the agency from the player to choose their magazine drops even at *any* cost runs counter to the entire rest of the system.

3 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Or at least let lockpicks boost up to 25, so people can at least get to workstations to make lockpicks WITH.

You missed that workbenches can be crafted from day 1.

• Hated changed the title to V1.0 b312 EXP (b313 hotfix)
On 7/2/2024 at 3:53 PM, OgreSlayeR said:

Didn't see anything about the sprint toggle being fixed, cause it's broken and always is on regardless of settings. Hopefully it's fixed or will be soon. Has been happening to me since the start of experimental even though I did a complete clean install and deleted everything relative to 7D2D.

"Removed required held item from harvest challenges " Great change there!

I don't seem to have that issue, mine is currently off (has been since day one of V1.0)...Maybe the bug isn't affecting controller?

1 hour ago, Ripflex said:

How about DYE only affects tool appearance and  works on nothing elsenot even armor sets or weapons ?

Are you asking why it doesn't affect armor?  It just isn't ready yet.  They said they plan on it affecting armor.  And it does affect weapons, at least my spear.

4 minutes ago, Kalex said:

apparently

Never liked flash updates where theres no patch notes, always keeps me in suspense LOL

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Are you asking why it doesn't affect armor?  It just isn't ready yet.  They said they plan on it affecting armor.  And it does affect weapons, at least my spear.

I would assume since dyeing weapons was a previous thing in earlier builds, it carries over. So yes, I think it's just not implemented yet in the experimental build

4 minutes ago, SylviaSama said:

Never liked flash updates where theres no patch notes, always keeps me in suspense LOL

I would assume since dyeing weapons was a previous thing in earlier builds, it carries over. So yes, I think it's just not implemented yet in the experimental build

Patch notes are in the first part in this topic, including for this hotfix.

It still works for spears.  I haven't tested on other weapons.  If it doesn't work on others, that seems like a bug.  No reason to remove it and the weapons haven't changed, so no need to redo it either.

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

Patch notes are in the first part in this topic, including for this hotfix.

It still works for spears.  I haven't tested on other weapons.  If it doesn't work on others, that seems like a bug.  No reason to remove it and the weapons haven't changed, so no need to redo it either.

Was meaning ab the 500mb update that just dropped now, unless that was a continuation of this current hotfix from yesterday.

3 hours ago, SylviaSama said:

Was meaning ab the 500mb update that just dropped now, unless that was a continuation of this current hotfix from yesterday.

That's the 313 version that is in red letters on the first post.

17 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

why, what is the purpose of this change? as others have pointed out this ruins the perk for people playing it normally, and min maxers will just stop at 14 and hoard a fat stack  of forge ahead books until they can max it.

please revert this change and come up with a better solution

Agreed, not a well thought out change at all.