Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

7 hours ago, zztong said:

I've played a lot more with stealth today.

*snip snip*

Maxed stealth is absolutely OP now. 

I can walk up to everyone faces and just behead them with my machete. 

It's almost not funny. 

Save my ammo for the unavoidable panic room and even then, you can manage to make them lose agro quick enough and pick them again one by one from the distance. 

14 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

The 25th i believe is stable (i think i Dont remember) will everything thing  be out then. Like the hogs, coyotes Etc

God I can't wait 

This one's for you:

2 minutes ago, ComPage said:

b325 experimental seems to have lost the option to lock a number of player inventory slots.  Am I alone in having this problem?

• Locked slots in inventory can be selected per slot

32 minutes ago, ComPage said:

b325 experimental seems to have lost the option to lock a number of player inventory slots.  Am I alone in having this problem?

29 minutes ago, Jugom said:

• Locked slots in inventory can be selected per slot

A second, un-numbered, update has just added the option to lock individual slots.  A much less convenient option than what it replaced.

Just some ideas for future "Manage saves" menu:

- Please add map size and maybe seed name to overview table

- When deleting a generated world, please also delete table entry and folder on hard disk to avoid "world corpses" (and it saves time to manually delete it in the %appdata% folder 😅)

RWG "issues":

- RWG messages are not translated yet (should they?)

- There is a small music stutter between RWG creation finished and "Loading game data" (can't remember this stutter in former versions)

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

1 hour ago, ComPage said:

A second, un-numbered, update has just added the option to lock individual slots.  A much less convenient option than what it replaced.

I actually prefer the new locking system, allowing me more flexibility in how to arrange my inventory than simply row by row from the top.

Though I'd have preferred having BOTH systems, but maybe hard to implement without it being messy and confusing.

Still it'll take some getting used to.

1 hour ago, ComPage said:

Its is much more convenient if your using a controller or playing on console. the  old controller method for adjusting the locked inventory slot(holding left  or right on the right joystick while highlighting the invetory lock in the UI) it was very unintuitive 

1 minute ago, Vedui said:

I actually prefer the new locking system, allowing me more flexibility in how to arrange my inventory than simply row by row from the top.

Though I'd have preferred having BOTH systems, but maybe hard to implement without it being messy and confusing.

Still it'll take some getting used to.

I think they did it this way with console players in mind, this system is less convenient for PC players, but far easier to use for console players, I think because its on console and PC as well now they are trying to find things that work well in the UI with Controller and keyboard.

47 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

Its is much more convenient if your using a controller or playing on console. the  old controller method for adjusting the locked inventory slot(holding left  or right on the right joystick while highlighting the invetory lock in the UI) it was very unintuitive 

I think they did it this way with console players in mind, this system is less convenient for PC players, but far easier to use for console players, I think because its on console and PC as well now they are trying to find things that work well in the UI with Controller and keyboard.

Ah, yes.  I can see that.  Thanks for the insight.

34 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

Not all of the armour sets shown are currently in the game. Will we see them in the future? For example, in stable 1.0 or 1.0.X?

It's funny they promoted murader so much yet we don't have it yet lmao 

But we are missing.

Desert explorer 

Murader 

Horader 

Hope we get at least 4 more. Like a

heavy millitary set

Hazmat suit light 

Hunter set 

Winter set 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

spacer.png

Not my photo (got this from a friend), but perhaps The Animal Hoarder (T2) POI could be revisited? I really don't think new players/characters should be encountering dire wolves there, now with the massive buffs they've received. :)

11 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Congrats to TFP on passing certification on the new console version. Looking forward to do a console playthrough on top of my current PC run

I CAN NOT WAIT! hell i wish i had a day off when it comes out but i got a job to do. but damn i can't wait!!!

8 hours ago, ComPage said:

Besides the benefit for console players, I think many players will prefer this method.  I always have my "keep" items along the top, so the old method worked perfectly for me.  But I know many players put stuff along the sides or bottom and the old locking didn't work for them.

I haven't tried the new method, but it sounds simple enough.  Once you set it up in a save, you won't have to deal with it again until your next game unless you change the slots you want locked, so I think it will be fine once people get used to it.

This may have been asked already but I couldn't find it with keywords. 

With the coming launch of console edition, will the Xbox for PC version allow multi-player with Xbox? My husband and I do this with a ton of other games, hoping he can finally join me for some 7 Days. 

27 minutes ago, brnbbybrn said:

This may have been asked already but I couldn't find it with keywords. 

With the coming launch of console edition, will the Xbox for PC version allow multi-player with Xbox? My husband and I do this with a ton of other games, hoping he can finally join me for some 7 Days. 

Q4 will add this ability.

3 minutes ago, brnbbybrn said:

Perfect, thanks! I thought I had seen that somewhere but couldn't find it now and second guessed myself.

No problem.  If you search for cross play, you will probably find it.  😀

14 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

It's funny they promoted murader so much yet we don't have it yet lmao 

But we are missing.

Desert explorer 

Murader 

Horader 

Hope we get at least 4 more. Like a

heavy millitary set

Hazmat suit light 

Hunter set 

Winter set 

Hoping the Desert Explorer, Marauder and Hoarder sets didn't get scrapped completely.

The Desert set did have me wondering if there was going to be a winter survival set as well

Im questing/living in wasteland and have been doing T5 quests for a while now.  I turned in my quest and now can only pick up T3 quests as the highest available Tier.  Anyone else have this issue?