Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

1 hour ago, jetZeds said:

Is the bug back that allows the zombies to spawn inside your base unless you replace the blocks?

I keep returning home to find zombies wandering inside my base and there are no holes in my walls

do you put a land claim down?  i use them on SP and MP to prevent zombies respawning inside.

Hey All

My Friends and I just did a Day 14 (Six of us) and we cleared it by 23:25 nothing else was spawning.

Can we have an option for it to spawn until 4am as we are running on the hardest settings, max zombies per player and 124 zombies on the map and we still clear the horde night with no problems.

37 minutes ago, Annihilatorza said:

Hey All

My Friends and I just did a Day 14 (Six of us) and we cleared it by 23:25 nothing else was spawning.

Can we have an option for it to spawn until 4am as we are running on the hardest settings, max zombies per player and 124 zombies on the map and we still clear the horde night with no problems.

There are mods if you are interested. I did see this one out there.

The thing is with this one all players have to have it installed on their computers.

Good thing is it is adjustable to make it how you like.

Other than that will have to see if they improve it in the vanilla game in future.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5196

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

There are mods if you are interested. I did see this one out there.

The thing is with this one all players have to have it installed on their computers.

Good thing is it is adjustable to make it how you like.

Other than that will have to see if they improve it in the vanilla game in future.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5196

Thanks, it's something we have noticed is that you kill 3 or 4 waves and nothing else spawns.

4 hours ago, dcsobral said:

That's why that person's suggestion works so well. It doesn't change anything up or around. It just penalizes existing individual armor pieces bonus if not wearing a full set. So, full set == exactly what you have today. Individual piece == half the bonus. So if wearing a quality 6 Preacher Gloves with other non-Preacher armor pieces then you'd get 30% damage against zombies instead of 60%.

Two random questions:

When the new armors were first shown a lot of players said they don't want the set bonus so strong that it is practically the only choice to wear sets. Your suggestion would probably amount to that. Getting a balance where many players would have a hard time choosing between wearing a set and a mix of clothes may be just the thing many players want.

You need to generate a new world to see the new POIs, tiles, and other things that appear in the new updates. But is it necessary to create a new world when there are changes to existing POIs, tiles, etc.? Or do you just need to start a new game? I have been asking this question for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

You need to generate a new world to see the new POIs, tiles, and other things that appear in the new updates. But is it necessary to create a new world when there are changes to existing POIs, tiles, etc.? Or do you just need to start a new game? I have been asking this question for a long time.

It depends on the change.  In most cases, no.  However, there are times when you do, such as when POI get resized or removed.  But generally speaking, within the same alpha (or main version), you can keep using the same world.  Just not between alphas.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

Not sure if its all biomes.    My base is in the wasteland,  tiles for landclaim is 55.     I just watched a fatboy spawn in my base near the wall,  that or he literally walked though it

2 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

Hey All

What was your party gamestage?

4 minutes ago, jetZeds said:

Not sure if its all biomes.    My base is in the wasteland,  tiles for landclaim is 55.     I just watched a fatboy spawn in my base near the wall,  that or he literally walked though it

Is your base a repurposed POI? LCBs only stop sleeper respawns.

1 minute ago, seven said:

They should stop all spawns except horde spawns, which can be stopped by placing blocks that aren't terrain everywhere.  I've never had a zombie in my base in any version of the game except when they either come through my front door (I never close it, lol) or through a hole in the wall.

5 minutes ago, Riamus said:

They should stop all spawns except horde spawns, which can be stopped by placing blocks that aren't terrain everywhere.  I've never had a zombie in my base in any version of the game except when they either come through my front door (I never close it, lol) or through a hole in the wall.

I see they have changed the wording to include biome respawns now, but before it was just POI respawns. I have had zombies spawn within an LCB area. That's why people talk about putting down player placed blocks to stop respawns. The wiki still says "only POI zombie spawns are suppressed" so I guess that needs updating.

11 minutes ago, seven said:

Its a repurposed POI.   I'll go through and replace all the courtyard tiles and see what happens.    I think it was A17? that they would spawn inside your base, even with landclaims down until you replaced the entire floor.

Base.JPG

30 minutes ago, jetZeds said:

Its a repurposed POI.   I'll go through and replace all the courtyard tiles and see what happens.    I think it was A17? that they would spawn inside your base, even with landclaims down until you replaced the entire floor.

Base.JPG

If the POI is "complex", you night have a hole that they are getting through that you aren't noticing.  A good test is to generate heat or lure a zombie to your base and go inside and see if they find a way in or just attack walls.  You may have to hit them if they attack walls to break them out of rage mode in case that is the reason they are hitting walls and not because they can't reach you.

Maybe also just double check your land claim boundaries, though since you have them visible in your screenshot, I assume you already did.

1 hour ago, jetZeds said:

Base.JPG

That is a 60x60 POI.  Perhaps the lcb / bedroll is not large enough to cover the entire plot?

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

@Laz Man I believe there is a problem with LCBs in this version.  Here's a clip from Grumbul, who I've been watching.  You can clearly see both the bedroll icon and LCB icon within a very short distance of where these 2 zombies keep respawning.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

has anybody pointed out there is still a disclaimer when you start up saying it is pre release software?

Yes, and I laugh every time.  While it is not at gold, it is out of alpha and therefore no longer "pre-release". It is at standard release, just not yet gold.

20 hours ago, faatal said:

It has been fixed a few times, but seems to keep coming back. Those old buildings are sure leaky.

Rain through the ceiling happens in custom made bases as well.  I have a one block opening for my underground base, standing several blocks away and getting wetter.

34 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

has anybody pointed out there is still a disclaimer when you start up saying it is pre release software?

It’d be worth pointing out when 1.0 is actually released. Not the pre-release experimental version you are currently playing. 

28 minutes ago, DocRussel said:

Yes, and I laugh every time.  While it is not at gold, it is out of alpha and therefore no longer "pre-release". It is at standard release, just not yet gold.

we're still in the experimental phase...it's not fully released yet

54 minutes ago, NukemDed said:

Technically, until it's gold, it's still pre-release even when out of alpha/early access.  But a good claim can be made that once out of early access on Steam, it's technically released.  In any case, we are still in experimental, so not released yet.  And they are free to keep the warning until gold so players understand that things will still continue to change and some features aren't yet available.  There's nothing wrong with that either.

46 minutes ago, DocRussel said:

Rain through the ceiling happens in custom made bases as well.  I have a one block opening for my underground base, standing several blocks away and getting wetter.

He was just making a funny statement.  He knows it happens in bases.  :)

@faatal I wonder if in the future, from a completely smooth landscape texture (which is drawn flat bumps, branches, grass, ground, etc.) developers will make of this flat texture volumetric texture pbr, as it was with the textures of columns once upon a time (with convex pattern) it will have a very strong impact on performance or still it is possible to realize team artists?

@faatal in the 1.0 update we got new textures for the effects of earth/asphalt flying apart after an explosion, it looks much better than before. But we still have the old textures of rocks, landscape, especially bad they look when a block of this or that soil/sand/mountain rock/mountain slopes, large rocks, etc. reduces its strength from our blows, gradually becoming smaller and smaller. And here we have the problem of stretching this texture. It's not the best quality, so it starts to look worse and worse under this deformation from our digging. A lot of players extract resources by creating their own mines. Yes actually on this is built the game (on the destructibility of all objects). And here we meet such a low quality product that requires improvement. Is it possible to improve these textures of rocks/soil/earth/sand/big stones/landscape/mountain slopes or somehow improve the stretching of these textures when their downgrading strength points and their stages of reduction, because they are very old?

@faatal And by the way, is it just me, or was the old stone that fell apart in two or three stages better than in 1.0, which falls apart in 1 stage and just disappears immediately? Yeah, maybe the texture of the new stone looks better, but I miss that old stone falling apart.

Edited by Watermelon
I miss that old stone falling apart (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

That is a 60x60 POI.  Perhaps the lcb / bedroll is not large enough to cover the entire plot?

It is a 60x60 and I pulled the walls in to perfectly match the line of the LCB (51 blocks).  Just got back from dinner and now replacing the courtyard.  Will see if that does the trick