Water scarcity is game breaking

TheBunz

15 hours ago, zztong said:

I'm with you. I like the flavor, and since I don't have a working refrigerator, the iced drink is really refreshing in the desert temperatures.

Too bad TFP don't believe in cold drinks keeping you cool. They believe in cold drinks keeping you warm in cold environments *shrug*

7 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Too bad TFP don't believe in cold drinks keeping you cool. They believe in cold drinks keeping you warm in cold environments *shrug*

What's not cool about enjoying a fruit smoothy during a zombie apocalypse? I carry around the sunglasses for just those times.

On 9/27/2023 at 7:16 AM, zztong said:

What's not cool about enjoying a fruit smoothy during a zombie apocalypse? I carry around the sunglasses for just those times.

Have you ever tried Yucca?  Calling it a fruit can be a bit misleading.  It's actually quite starchy more like a potato by comparison.

Edited by Ramethzer0 (see edit history)

On 9/23/2023 at 3:57 AM, TheBunz said:

1.Have you actually played this game on default settings or just with mods?

2. Have you ever went camping?

It's 7 days to dehydration while swimming through rivers, or 7 days living next to the trader. By far THE dumbest update in the last 10 patches.

I have. Higher difficulty though. If i don´t use explosive arrows or a rocket launcher (those need a ton of duct tape)  i can da a whole playrtough without a dew collector.

It´s questing and looting all the time. It is a faulty concept. It works, but it surely isn´t what a survival crafting game should be about. Mods are a valid solution. There is several mods that bring back the old system with glass jars.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

12 hours ago, zztong said:

I have not. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it is a Latin staple. Fried it is like French fries (or chips for you Brits) but better. Boiled is ok, but not my favorite.

If you have a Peruvian chicken joint in your area, you should be able to get it there, along with some of the best slow-roasted chicken you ever had.

Sadly there is not a lot of Latin food in my area :(

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Krougal said:

Yeah, it is a Latin staple. Fried it is like French fries (or chips for you Brits) but better. Boiled is ok, but not my favorite.

If you have a Peruvian chicken joint in your area, you should be able to get it there, along with some of the best slow-roasted chicken you ever had.

Sadly there is not a lot of Latin food in my area :(

Baltimore sucked dog butt to live in and I'd never move back (not that I really wanted to be there in the first place lol) but oh god did Chicken Rico almost single-handedly make up for it.

Edited by FramFramson (see edit history)

5 hours ago, FramFramson said:

Baltimore sucked dog butt to live in and I'd never move back (not that I really wanted to be there in the first place lol) but oh god did Chicken Rico almost single-handedly make up for it.

Yeah, I know it is all the rage up in the NCR and even southern PA.

The first time I had it was in some place attached to a gas station somewhere in between Baltimore and DC and it was amazing!

We have a saying in the south, "the worse the place looks on the outside, the better the food is"

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

I don't get this at all.  I am no kind of hard core grinder, and have no mods at all.  But on Day1.....

You do the first quests....points you at trader.  Let's presume the trader never has water or gives reward trader.  (I'm pretty much always taking craft bundles or 7.52 ammo personally, but whatever)

The first quest they give, go to whatever house and do whatever......look in every cabinet, check every toilet.  Collect all the tainted water.  You'll need a pot....same as always, likely you'll get one in first 2/3 houses.

Let's presume you hate quests, just go to the houses and do it without a quest.  Same thing.

Not seeing the problem.  And again, I'm not Reach or anything, I stumble around with a spear doing my best.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I don't get this at all.  I am no kind of hard core grinder, and have no mods at all.  But on Day1.....

You do the first quests....points you at trader.  Let's presume the trader never has water or gives reward trader.  (I'm pretty much always taking craft bundles or 7.52 ammo personally, but whatever)

The first quest they give, go to whatever house and do whatever......look in every cabinet, check every toilet.  Collect all the tainted water.  You'll need a pot....same as always, likely you'll get one in first 2/3 houses.

Let's presume you hate quests, just go to the houses and do it without a quest.  Same thing.

Not seeing the problem.  And again, I'm not Reach or anything, I stumble around with a spear doing my best.

Well yes, water scarcity would be game breaking, but as you can see, there is no scarcity of water.

You're off-topic though, this is a discussion about....YUCCA!

So new guy....boiled or fried? What's it gonna be?

In my current "No Traders" playthrough I spawned practically in the middle of nowhere. The two POI's I came across had very little water but I did find a vitamin and a couple of bandages. I popped the vitamin and and drank from a lake until full then healed up a little with the bandages. I even snacked on a few Shamwitches to top off my food. I miss the green Shamwitches from previous alphas, I think they were tastier, lol.

So there is another way to survive the water/food crunch early game. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive..... 

On 9/27/2023 at 1:12 PM, Darthjake said:

I demand a sunglasses mod to make my NVGs look like sunglasses!

That's easy.

<items>
	<set xpath="/items/item[@name='apparelNightvisionGoggles']/property[@class='UMA']/property[@name='Mesh']/@value">gear_shades</set>
	<set xpath="/items/item[@name='apparelNightvisionGoggles']/property[@class='UMA']/property[@name='Overlay0']/@value">gear_shades</set>
</items>