So, t here I was all alone in the woods....and a chicken.

Rotor

I crouch waiting for this birdie to settle down, but he must have caught a whiff of my survival Old Spice.

It runs away, straight ahead.  I licked my index finger and raise it to gauge the wind.

I draw, raise the bow, calculate drop and windage and let it fly.

SWWwwwish!....130XP.  Robin Hood would have been proud.

It is out of my sight, a blind drop.  I want the feathers for my arrows.  I walk straight ahead (cant run in this game anymore :)).

I see a nest off my flank, I stop and pivot to get more feathers.  I know where I am, I am a survivor.

I pick up my feathers an extra 5...turn to go get me them feathers off my kill.  I know where he is ...... supposed to be!

WHERE IS MY DEAD CHICKEN?

I walk in circles, no way it was further than....lets go a little further out...NADA!

What is that saying?  "Dont count your feathers!" or something like that.

Back to you regularly scheduled programing.

I had these moments too, and I'm still wondering if stuff sometimes just despawns after a short while, while on the other hand sometimes you find dead animals the next day still there. Couldn't really figure it out yet.

Same as you get these far distance lucky hits quite as often as you miss close range when you were sure there's no way it could not hit.

9 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Same as you get these far distance lucky hits quite as often as you miss close range when you were sure there's no way it could not hit.

Ya, I swear there is hole in some of the Zs center mass.