(A21) 5.56 Gun Pack (v2) (1.5/3)

Izayo

when i try to process the mod it shows that it ready to process, but once clicked it just disappears. I have the other shotgun pack and 7.62 that worked to download but also cant figure out the visable mod part to it. the gun model shows in the inventory and quick bar. I can reload and hear the animation, but there is no gun model on screen and will not allow to shoot. I  am new to modding and i'm sure its something im doing if anyone could help.

4 hours ago, toneytries said:

when i try to process the mod it shows that it ready to process, but once clicked it just disappears. I have the other shotgun pack and 7.62 that worked to download but also cant figure out the visable mod part to it. the gun model shows in the inventory and quick bar. I can reload and hear the animation, but there is no gun model on screen and will not allow to shoot. I  am new to modding and i'm sure its something im doing if anyone could help.

try re-download and install.  a picture would be nice . 

also check if there any red errors (press F1 ingame)

23 hours ago, Izayo said:

Updated 28/08/2023 

v2 -1.5/3

- added Light Machine gun class (4 guns)

- better balance (damage now scale up each weapon's Tier)

- Tier 4 guns are now only can be found in traders , loots ,quest rewards (crafting removed)

- fixed some sounds (re-use)

- reasonable recipe cost to craft

- removed crosshair when aim 

Be prepare.. (next update)

- HnK416 will be the new Tactical Carbine T4 

- G36C will move to Battle Carbine T2 (HnK33)

- HnK33 will move to Long Rifle T2

next project will be 9mm pack Pistol , SMG  and Shotgun pack update (v.Final) 

I'll take 2 weeks break from now.

Yes !!! the HK M416 my Favorite battlefield gun !!! Thank you so much your the best 
Would you consider the CZ-75 in the pistol category just throwing the idea out there you could do it in SW .40 Cal. any how enjoy your break hope you have fun see you on the next patch !!

• 2 weeks later...

izayo, i made my own localization file (english) for both the 556 and 762 packs which have more info.

idk if your file even worked i cant remember. anyway, they are here... https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r9cw7fs3zi6kdbqk72xvf/IZY-localization-files.zip?rlkey=smxo9cp0zqhm5u21u0f15mdqy&dl=0

also, i seem to have a problem (server setup) with one of the guns. it errors whenever i select it and then turns into a simple block piece. iirc its the car15, but i will double check it and try to get a log for you.

Edited by ALo (see edit history)

On 9/7/2023 at 6:01 AM, ALo said:

izayo, i made my own localization file (english) for both the 556 and 762 packs which have more info.

idk if your file even worked i cant remember. anyway, they are here... https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r9cw7fs3zi6kdbqk72xvf/IZY-localization-files.zip?rlkey=smxo9cp0zqhm5u21u0f15mdqy&dl=0

also, i seem to have a problem (server setup) with one of the guns. it errors whenever i select it and then turns into a simple block piece. iirc its the car15, but i will double check it and try to get a log for you.

I need this kind of help.  I not good with english so it's gonna be you guys job if you willing to help me  

I'll add in the next update

also, I don't know about server modding thing. you have to ask someone else.  the only thing I know is if I want to play with my friends we both must install all mods in our PC , basically I upload my whole mods folder and share with my friends 

On 9/6/2023 at 7:01 PM, ALo said:

Send me the log and I can see if am able to help.  Also send me two logs, the server log and your log.

tested it again today, maybe found my issue. i didnt have IZVMM on my server or client. but other people playing have it in their client folder and havent seen any issues so far. 

so im put izvmm on my server and client and and then see.
also would like to attach a log file but .txt isnt allowed lol?  the client log is pretty messy which it wasnt before i loaded up izvmm. its not loading any of the wpns bc it cant find the parent folder?
2023-09-11T15:52:26 66.865 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Mods\A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod/Resources/CAR15XM177.unity3d" failed: Parent folder not found!
and then this:
2023-09-11T15:53:00 100.693 ERR Loading AssetBundle "C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Mods\A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod/Resources/SOCmk1.unity3d" failed: Parent folder not found!
2023-09-11T15:53:00 100.694 ERR Transform 'Attachments' not found in weapon prefab for leather(Clone).
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ItemActionZoom.OnModificationsChanged (ItemActionData _data) [0x002e0] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at ItemAction.StartHolding (ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at ItemActionZoom.StartHolding (ItemActionData _data) [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at ItemClass.StartHolding (ItemInventoryData _data, UnityEngine.Transform _modelTransform) [0x0001d] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at Inventory.updateHoldingItem () [0x0011b] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at Inventory.ForceHoldingItemUpdate () [0x000f7] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at EModelBase.SwitchModelAndView (System.Boolean _bFPV, System.Boolean _bMale) [0x0042f] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at EModelUMA.SwitchModelAndView (System.Boolean _isFPV, System.Boolean _isMale) [0x00029] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at EModelUMA.onCharacterCreated (UMA.UMAData _umaData) [0x00098] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1[T1].Invoke (T1 args0) [0x00010] in <4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (T0 arg0) [0x00025] in <4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 
  at UMA.UMAData.FireUpdatedEvent (System.Boolean cancelled) [0x00026] in <0df89a6f17b547b6b5e9fcec0f617d0e>:0 
  at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.UMAReady () [0x00082] in <0df89a6f17b547b6b5e9fcec0f617d0e>:0 
  at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.HandleDirtyUpdate (UMA.UMAData data) [0x00156] in <0df89a6f17b547b6b5e9fcec0f617d0e>:0 
  at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate () [0x0003d] in <0df89a6f17b547b6b5e9fcec0f617d0e>:0 
  at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.Update () [0x00050] in <0df89a6f17b547b6b5e9fcec0f617d0e>:0 

also getting this for a long time now. i tried with zero mods installed and still get it.
2023-09-11T15:52:35 75.723 ERR Loading AssetBundle "E:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/Other/Items" failed: Parent folder not found!

that should be relatively easy to fix right?

10 hours ago, ALo said:

that should be relatively easy to fix right?

FYI Pastebin will allow you to paste links to your entire logfile

Your install should look like this on all machines (this is with all of the weapon packs)

image.png.39afbd3acb7d2e219a2dead5eba04aa4.png

Ignore the Temp folder, that is my dump folder for mod testing and is there for mods I don't want to be loaded.

Reinstall the Visible mods folder (I believe that would be the culprit).  NOTE:  Only have one Visible Mods folder installed.

server 1st and client 2nd image.png.1bf786f9e646e26fadd9b83067cc13f9.pngimage.png.e9962583eced6afc1704ae030d35d92d.png
as you can see they are identical. still getting errors on clients so i will check to make sure they all have it exactly like this. 
i am still getting this type error for every wpn in the 556 pack. not for the 762 pack though.
2023-09-11T22:59:11 86.470 ERR Loading AssetBundle "E:/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Data/Bundles/@modfolder(5.56 wpns pack):Resources/AmeliMG.unity3d" failed: Parent folder not found!

the 556 pack is the only one i am having trouble with and im not sure why. i tested it in single player and it works fine. im going to reinstall the server files and test again. the 762 pack works fine on server and client.

this is likely just some user error on my part and i am not seeing what ive done wrong. 

@BFT2020 the problem im seeing in a lot of mods is something you mentioned here 

and if this is the issue (which i think it is) then its all of IZY's mods and quite a few others certainly any that add prefabs to the game.

im testing with "fixing" their files to see if it works and so far in single player no problem at all, but in dedi server im running into an issue. it might be my interpration of how to correct the entries. for example, would this be correct? 
<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="@modfolder:Resources/IZY_Explosion_Cparticles.unity3d/IZY_Explosion_Frags_Small.Prefab"/>
... or do i need to put @:modfolder:Resources/.... because it originally was #@modfolder:Resources/...

???

25 minutes ago, ALo said:

@BFT2020 the problem im seeing in a lot of mods is something you mentioned here 

and if this is the issue (which i think it is) then its all of IZY's mods and quite a few others certainly any that add prefabs to the game.

im testing with "fixing" their files to see if it works and so far in single player no problem at all, but in dedi server im running into an issue. it might be my interpration of how to correct the entries. for example, would this be correct? 
<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="@modfolder:Resources/IZY_Explosion_Cparticles.unity3d/IZY_Explosion_Frags_Small.Prefab"/>
... or do i need to put @:modfolder:Resources/.... because it originally was #@modfolder:Resources/...

???

Needs to be @: not @

Some custom blocks the ? Is still needed I think look at the priginal code but I think either before the unity3d or after

following up, i re-installed everything both server and client and it seems to be all working well. no more errors or warnings in logs. i did find lots of duplicate entries along the way in QoL mods. As for the pathing change from A20 to A21 i ended up leaving the entityclasses files alone, and only changed the items.xml files where needed. that got rid of the last issues i had. 

so im chalking it up to a too-busy admin who likes to tinker and ofc user error on my part.

4 hours ago, ALo said:

following up, i re-installed everything both server and client and it seems to be all working well. no more errors or warnings in logs. i did find lots of duplicate entries along the way in QoL mods. As for the pathing change from A20 to A21 i ended up leaving the entityclasses files alone, and only changed the items.xml files where needed. that got rid of the last issues i had. 

so im chalking it up to a too-busy admin who likes to tinker and ofc user error on my part.

Thanks for that guys. I've seen some of those errors as well and didn't even notice the missing colon or change. That would explain some of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I spent a whole week  do test & try for this M16a1   (another step to the new standard) 

- found the best way to display 2x scope without using PIP method (PIP has high performance impact) 

- found the way to change scope's reticles without having separated asset files (for low setting people who have problems with the blurry reticle)

- fixed shells throwning bug when you changing the gun too fast (by hiding vanilla muzzle flash)

- new custom muzzle flash ,Strong and Punchy (custom particle loader require )  . and Silencer will hide most of the flash as its supposed to be like in IRL.

- Bipod can now deploy when Aiming without needed of extra animations (these caused transition delay between animations like from FIRE to Reload)

I made a Demo here you guys can test and give me feedbacks. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eV_5elvm3goaAYwldt8HbMu3jD-pkrLH/view?usp=sharing  around 13 mb. 

it's not part of the 556 pack don't worry you can remove this Demo anytime  (but require the 556 pack for the ammo)

how ever it's require :

- EAC off

- Custom Particle loader by closer_ex (already included in the .rar)

- a new version of Make mod visible mod (v. 2.0) by me  (already included in the .rar)

also somehow I managed to find the way to hide the vanilla muzzle flash so it's not gonna need the separated silencer anymore 

OK now I'm going back to work with the Shotgun pack Final

Edit : DON'T TRY THIS DEMO IN YOUR CURRENT PLAYING SAVE LOL 

Edited by Izayo (see edit history)

oh wow, are you going to add some kind of PIP to your scopes Izayo? That'd be amazing especially on sniper rifles!

Either way, i tested the demo and all of the modifications seem to be completely fine on it (the ones that are visible on the model) even in third person!

Tested with several other mods installed on relatively low quality settings. It was fun delivering freedom to some zombie dogs ^^ 

Spoiler

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)

On 11/5/2023 at 10:09 PM, Black_Wolf said:

oh wow, are you going to add some kind of PIP to your scopes Izayo? That'd be amazing especially on sniper rifles!

Either way, i tested the demo and all of the modifications seem to be completely fine on it (the ones that are visible on the model) even in third person!

Tested with several other mods installed on relatively low quality settings. It was fun delivering freedom to some zombie dogs ^^ 

Hide contents

no. PIP will probably take 10-20 fps from your game (dual render) . so I used fake-scope aiming instead , when you aim it will hide the forward parts of the scope. and show full scope when you're not aiming or 3rd person view as I mentioned above