(A21) 5.56 Gun Pack (v2) (1.5/3)

Izayo

7 hours ago, Izayo said:

no. PIP will probably take 10-20 fps from your game (dual render) . so I used fake-scope aiming instead , when you aim it will hide the forward parts of the scope. and show full scope when you're not aiming or 3rd person view as I mentioned above

It looks great to me still, will you implement it on all your weapons?

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Gereon said:

Hi 

For some reason the weapons are not unlocked, even when the corresponding skill is maxed out.

Redownloaded everything but to no avail, any ideas what could cause this?

https://imgur.com/a/3v3yIm0

https://imgur.com/a/vIxVtR8

sorry my mistake. the crafting skill points should be 60 instead of 80 to unlock 

try having 80 points and then see if it work 

Thx for your reply :)

I have 100/100 in Machineguns and can craft the lvl5 vanilla M60

https://imgur.com/a/VWK3o7I

I have diffentent weapon packs added to the game, also your 7.62, 9mm, and Shotgun weapon packs.

This issue somehow applies only to your installed mods and i cant figure out why :(

Tried uninstalling and redownloading the different mods singularly but the problem persists, even if i only have one active at a time.

All the weapons appear as drops in the game and function flawlessly, just the crafting option never unlocks.

Do you know whether the mod order plays a role, as in the order of mods in the "Mods" folder of the game?

26 minutes ago, Gereon said:

Thx for your reply :)

I have 100/100 in Machineguns and can craft the lvl5 vanilla M60

https://imgur.com/a/VWK3o7I

I have diffentent weapon packs added to the game, also your 7.62, 9mm, and Shotgun weapon packs.

This issue somehow applies only to your installed mods and i cant figure out why :(

Tried uninstalling and redownloading the different mods singularly but the problem persists, even if i only have one active at a time.

All the weapons appear as drops in the game and function flawlessly, just the crafting option never unlocks.

Do you know whether the mod order plays a role, as in the order of mods in the "Mods" folder of the game?

You probably have another mod that modified the progression file and so Izayo's edits are not being applied - or they were applied and a later mod removed those changes when it was applied to the game.

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

You probably have another mod that modified the progression file and so Izayo's edits are not being applied - or they were applied and a later mod removed those changes when it was applied to the game.

that was also my first thought, so I deleted all other mods except Izayos.

Didn't work, then I deleted all weapon mods and only installed the 556 pack, but that didn't help either.

Therefore my question if the order of the mods could play a role?

Is there a way to see in which order the mods are loaded? I can't find any errors or warnings in the log file.

8 hours ago, Izayo said:

sorry my mistake. the crafting skill points should be 60 instead of 80 to unlock 

try having 80 points and then see if it work 

I have now worked around the problem by creating a new progression.xml file for all Izayo weapon packs (5.56, 7.62, 9mm, Shotgun, 45acp and 30.06) and placing it in a folder called zzz-CustomMod at the end of all mods.

Then I moved the progression.xml of the individual mods to a backup folder.

Now all mods work together with those of the other authors and all weapons can be made at the workbench.

As a further benefit, I have added the file so that the progression is now visible in relation to the weapon skills, a small detail that was missing from the original.

Here is the link to my file, feel free to use everything I have customized in it, your weapon mods are great :)

https://mega.nz/file/KioUUbDA#uC9hyQs84ukdUuxDDPaiZ8SBWc24HqWhQgyf2g_w-sw    ---> V2, messed up some entries

Edited by Gereon (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Gereon said:

Didn't work, then I deleted all weapon mods and only installed the 556 pack, but that didn't help either.

Is there a way to see in which order the mods are loaded? I can't find any errors or warnings in the log file.

Mods are loaded in alphabetical order.  It is also listed in the log file the order the mods were loaded.

3 hours ago, Gereon said:

Something else too is that Izayo has learned a lot about xpath modding over the course of the various weapon projects.   Some of the earlier versions may have older code that hasn't been updated yet (Izayo is concentrating on the models and animation which is very nice IMHO) or things I might not have passed on properly while I was giving advice.  I can download all the latest packs and see if there is something I can support on my end.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Something else too is that Izayo has learned a lot about xpath modding over the course of the various weapon projects.   Some of the earlier versions may have older code that hasn't been updated yet (Izayo is concentrating on the models and animation which is very nice IMHO) or things I might not have passed on properly while I was giving advice.  I can download all the latest packs and see if there is something I can support on my end.

Just before your other reply I posted my workaround, maybe that will help :)

I hope that my request was not taken as a criticism of Izayo's work, of course it was not meant that way.

I appreciate the work that is put into the various mods :)

Edited by Gereon (see edit history)

On 2/22/2024 at 5:06 AM, Gereon said:

Just before your other reply I posted my workaround, maybe that will help :)

I hope that my request was not taken as a criticism of Izayo's work, of course it was not meant that way.

I appreciate the work that is put into the various mods :)

test in my game , it's still craftable.  maybe try create a new world with cheat mode on then try if you can craft it

thanks BFT for the help I'm kinda busy lately ,its mean I'll not pop-up in this site often.

001.thumb.png.e9c5ff7bf9c94e3b81c78c3c0052662e.png

15 hours ago, MeowGuuy said:

Hello. I would like to know how the character's hand animation is created? Does anyone have a tutorial prefab?

you just need to animated the gun , the hands will show up in game (depend on holdtype you're using)

for the advance version, you can remove the hands and then animated the whole things  ,gun / hands  as you want  (FPV only)

you can start learning from Zilox's tutorial : 

9 hours ago, CrimsonAlpha said:

I am using a mod that increases the stack size of ammo but it doesn't appear to effect the special ammo types that your mods add.  Is there possibly an addon mod for this?  If not, is there a way to change the stack sizes myself?

just edit the stack size in items.xml

10 hours ago, CrimsonAlpha said:

I am using a mod that increases the stack size of ammo but it doesn't appear to effect the special ammo types that your mods add.  Is there possibly an addon mod for this?  If not, is there a way to change the stack sizes myself?

• Take the mod that modifies ammo stack sizes and make a copy. 
  • Rename it so that it is Alphabetically after Izayo's mod - I would do something like ZZZZ_Izayo_AmmoStacks.
  • Rename the modinfo file for the new name of the mod.
  • Remove all files except for items.xml and the modinfo file.
  • In items.xml file, remove all code and put in the following:

<config>

<set xpath="//item[contains(@name,'IZYammo')]/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">X</set>

</config>

Change X in the second line to the value you want.  Any ammo in the game that contains IZYammo will update the stack size to your number.

If you want to only change specific ones, then you just need to change the following

item[contains(@name,IZYammo')]

to

item(@name='IZYammo556mmBulletBall']

Black_Wolf's method works also, but if you download any updates to the mod, you will lose those changes.  If you make a small modlet patch, it should always work as long as TFP don't change the variable names or code structure, or Izayo change's the name of the ammo.

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

• Take the mod that modifies ammo stack sizes and make a copy. 
  • Rename it so that it is Alphabetically after Izayo's mod - I would do something like ZZZZ_Izayo_AmmoStacks.
  • Rename the modinfo file for the new name of the mod.
  • Remove all files except for items.xml and the modinfo file.
  • In items.xml file, remove all code and put in the following:

<config>

<set xpath="//item[contains(@name,'IZYammo')]/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">X</set>

</config>

Change X in the second line to the value you want.  Any ammo in the game that contains IZYammo will update the stack size to your number.

If you want to only change specific ones, then you just need to change the following

item[contains(@name,IZYammo')]

to

item(@name='IZYammo556mmBulletBall']

Black_Wolf's method works also, but if you download any updates to the mod, you will lose those changes.  If you make a small modlet patch, it should always work as long as TFP don't change the variable names or code structure, or Izayo change's the name of the ammo.

Could you please what you mean when you say to "rename the modinfo file"?  I've never done anything like this before.  I can open the file with Notepad++.  Am I just changing the name value?   If so, does it need to exactly match the name of the folder?  Sorry if I'm way off the mark.  Again, newbie.

8 hours ago, CrimsonAlpha said:

Could you please what you mean when you say to "rename the modinfo file"?  I've never done anything like this before.  I can open the file with Notepad++.  Am I just changing the name value?   If so, does it need to exactly match the name of the folder?  Sorry if I'm way off the mark.  Again, newbie.

Sorry, you want to change the value in the file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml>
    <Name value="BFT2020_CraftingModQ6" /><!-- Unique name for your modlet --> 
    <DisplayName value="Crafting changes for A21" />
    <Version value="21.0.1.002" compat="A21"/><!-- versioning number compat optional -->
    <Description value="Various crafting changes" /> <!-- (Optional) More text to show on UIs -->
    <Author value="BFT2020" />
    <Website value=""/> 
</xml>

In this case change where it says Name value

22 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Sorry, you want to change the value in the file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xml>
    <Name value="BFT2020_CraftingModQ6" /><!-- Unique name for your modlet --> 
    <DisplayName value="Crafting changes for A21" />
    <Version value="21.0.1.002" compat="A21"/><!-- versioning number compat optional -->
    <Description value="Various crafting changes" /> <!-- (Optional) More text to show on UIs -->
    <Author value="BFT2020" />
    <Website value=""/> 
</xml>

In this case change where it says Name value

Okay.  Are we doing this to keep it from conflicting with the file I copied?

All Izayo weapons pack are not compatible on Darkness Falls they broken crafting lists went blank, I have removed now worked back normal. I feel lack weapons on Darkness Falls. Worked fine on War3zuk & Age of Oblivion but not worked on Darkness Falls 🤷‍♀️ because different skill or progression.

Here is the fix for crafting displays - I will also post the link in my mods thread in case someone searches that way

https://github.com/BFT2020/A21IzayoProgFix.git

There are 3 files in there, one for each of Izayo's weapon mods (762 mod already has the fixes in it and doesn't need my help).  Install one or more of the mod files based on which one of Izayo's awesome weapon mods you have installed.

I don't think it will hurt if you install all 3, but I can't make any guarantees.  I also cannot guarantee that this will work with an existing save file so use at your own risk.

And in case anyone asks, no I will not make Izayo's mods work with other weapon mods or overhaul mods - Not going down that rabbit hole.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:03 PM, Izayo said:

test in my game , it's still craftable.  maybe try create a new world with cheat mode on then try if you can craft it

thanks BFT for the help I'm kinda busy lately ,its mean I'll not pop-up in this site often.

001.thumb.png.e9c5ff7bf9c94e3b81c78c3c0052662e.png

you just need to animated the gun , the hands will show up in game (depend on holdtype you're using)

for the advance version, you can remove the hands and then animated the whole things  ,gun / hands  as you want  (FPV only)

you can start learning from Zilox's tutorial : 

Is it possible for someone to learn all these things from scratch ? I have a lot of free time to spare. I'd also love to have guns like P90 or Mp7 added to the game, but i couldn't wait my self so i decided to just do it. Do you also need a beefy PC to start since mine is kinda old and frail and i can't really buy a new PC right now... Tks in advance !!

On 3/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, thanhhai2247 said:

Is it possible for someone to learn all these things from scratch ? I have a lot of free time to spare. I'd also love to have guns like P90 or Mp7 added to the game, but i couldn't wait my self so i decided to just do it. Do you also need a beefy PC to start since mine is kinda old and frail and i can't really buy a new PC right now... Tks in advance !!

you must be the guy in discord I talking with lately. I gave you Zilox's tutorial video.  you can start from there.

• 1 month later...