(A21) 5.56 Gun Pack (v2) (1.5/3)

Izayo

v2 -1.5/3

- added Light Machine gun class (4 guns)

- better balance (damage now scale up each weapon's Tier)

- Tier 4 guns are now only can be found in traders , loots ,quest rewards (crafting removed)

- fixed some sounds (re-use)

- reasonable recipe cost to craft

- removed crosshair when aim 

v1.1 - 1/3

- added G36C as tier 4 Tactical Carbine

- fixed loot and trader xml

556poster280823.thumb.png.1f32aa09677ab5c8622d135093950259.png

5.56 pack mod , new 12 guns (more in the future)  with unique stats ,balance based around the vanilla's guns

new calibers 5.56x45mm

556map280823.thumb.png.ae3420adfcc7329fd56203f31e13f6d6.png

* Download *  (size 210mb.)

v2  Google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i8k77s7ME_JTpsLpYfF57pv2a91QbEy6/view?usp=sharing

v2 Mega https://mega.nz/file/Nc5lzCSR#pwYd0ScGGCJYvDTtoePqymueEhWtYodN7j6ij3p1swg

Installation :

1. download and extract file

2. go inside "IZY_A21_556gun_PACK.V2(1.5of3) you will see 2 folders

3. put both folder into /7 Days To Die/Mods   

*DON'T ignore "A21_Izayo_Visible_Mods_mod" it make gun mod like "grip, stock  " visible in game*

it if already exist , do replace. (they're same in every gun pack)

Important Notes :

- ***BACK UP YOUR SAVE, OR AT LEAST TEST MOD IN ANOTHER WORLD(or save) BEFORE YOU LOAD YOUR CURRENT PLAYING SAVE ***

20230828095247_1.thumb.jpg.f0e0d960d90d994d99346068d6e063b8.jpg

- Display Icons in crafting-skill cause so many problems each update so...

I removed guns Icons in crafting-kill window but it still working , uses Vanilla guns unlock as reference.

leave balance suggestions / bug / problem in the comment sections 

Special Thanks :

BFT2020  XML advisor

bdubyah  Unity advisor

Zilox Unity advisor

and people in the forum

Sketchfab free assets : models credit in the mod folder

- please don't spam in my PM about release date.  report bugs , suggestion is ok 

Edited by Izayo (see edit history)

Neat. I really enjoyed your shotgun pack and have been looking forward to this.

33 minutes ago, Izayo said:

Things I want to say

- Loot and Trader doesn't work , I don't know why 

Hide contents

and I don't F* care anymore

so I think the only way to get the guns is to learn and craft them , sorry about that

I managed to buy a Quality 3 M31 Hunter shotgun from the trader, so your guns do show up from the other pack.

If that helps at all.

edit: oh, guess this isn't really relevant to the issue after playing around with this new pack.

Wish I knew enough to help.

Edited by Tarf
showing that pack weapons can show up (see edit history)

So, I've tested the mod because I didn't understand what "loot.xml and traders.xml don't work" meant and I made them work (hopefully (traders I'm not sure as I can't be bothered to look for traders on the map) as I'm just quessing what doesn't work). Here are the things I saw:
1. "loot.xml" has a wrong file name, you probably on accident named it "loots.xml" :)

2. both loot.xml and traders.xml have wrong xpaths.
loot.xml currently:

Spoiler

example: <append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupQuestAmmo']">

I wrote:

Spoiler

example: <append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupQuestAmmo']">

I also added few lines for guns just to test if it works (and it does):

Spoiler

<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupCars01']">    
        <item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleTacticalCarbineCAR15" prob="1"/>
</append>

This was the result of that (and two more lines with groupCars02 and groupCars03):

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.dcb6fb5f81bc0341024cc46d6d3f5907.jpeg

traders.xml also has this problem:

Spoiler

It is:

<insertAfter xpath="//trader_item_group[@name='groupRangedAll']/item[@name='gunMGT1AK47']">
            <item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleTacticalCarbineCAR15" quality="2,5" />
            <item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleBattleCarbineFNLcal" quality="2,5" />
</insertAfter>

Instead of what I think it should be:

<insertAfter xpath="/traders/trader_item_groups/trader_item_group[@name='groupRangedAll']/item[@name='gunMGT1AK47']">
            <item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleTacticalCarbineCAR15" quality="2,5" />
            <item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleBattleCarbineFNLcal" quality="2,5" />
</insertAfter>

I'm not sure if this is what you meant by not working? Is it specific lootgroups that just don't spawn guns? If it's this, then hooray, if it's not then big sadge. Hopefully I was of any help at least 😊

1 hour ago, Morksel said:

Hide contents

example: <append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupQuestAmmo']">

Hide contents

example: <append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupQuestAmmo']">

Functionally when it comes to these two lines they are exactly the same and will do the exact same thing. One is just shorter than the other. 👍

Edited by RevenantWit (see edit history)

1 hour ago, RevenantWit said:

Functionally when it comes to these two lines they are exactly the same and will do the exact same thing. One is just shorter than the other. 👍

Is xpath like jquery for xml?

Does 

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupQuestAmmo']">

match all nodes that look like:

<lootgroup name='groupQuestAmmo'>

and then does the append of child nodes underneath to all those nodes?

If so, that's pretty neat.

Reading the game's xml files, it seems like it would be possible to add these weapons as quest rewards as well. I might try that for my own education.

Do the xml file names need to match? Or does the game take all the xml documents and create a giant master document in memory?

2 hours ago, RevenantWit said:

I didn't know that 🤔 Always good to learn new stuff. But then, what actually doesn't work? If both lines are fine, and mine works, shouldn't Izayo's also work?

3Y3CUGw.png

I don't think the xpath made a difference. Evaluating against the traders.xml and both xpath do the same thing.

I also tried your version in the mod and could never get the trader to sell the new rifles. Saw a bunch of normal assault rifles though.

3 hours ago, Morksel said:

I didn't know that 🤔 Always good to learn new stuff. But then, what actually doesn't work? If both lines are fine, and mine works, shouldn't Izayo's also work?

Not if something is misspelled, especially a file name which is the other thing you said in your original post.

This should work ? 

<!-- oooooooooooo  -->
<!-- Group_new_MG  -->
<!-- oooooooooooo  -->
	<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT1_Machinegunner_CAR15" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleTacticalCarbineCAR15"/>
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT1_Machinegunner_FNNLCAL" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT1assaultrifleBattleCarbineFNLcal"/>
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_M4C" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT2assaultrifleTacticalCarbineM4C"/>
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_HK33" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT2assaultrifleBattleCarbineHK33"/>
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_SOCMK1" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT3assaultrifleTacticalCarbineSOCmk1"/>
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_AKWA2" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT3assaultrifleBattleCarbineAKWa2"/>
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT4_Machinegunner_SCARL" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
		<item name="IZYgunT4assaultrifleBattleCarbineScarLight"/>
	</lootgroup>

<!-- Adding new weapon groups to loot groups  -->

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupWeaponsT1_Ranged']">	
		<item group="groupWeaponsT1_Machinegunner_CAR15"/>
		<item group="groupWeaponsT1_Machinegunner_FNNLCAL"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupWeaponsT2_Ranged']">	
		<item group="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_M4C"/>
		<item group="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_HK33"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupWeaponsT3_Ranged']">	
		<item group="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_SOCMK1"/>
		<item group="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_AKWA2"/>
		<!-- ooooo TIER4 ooooo  -->
		<item group="groupWeaponsT4_Machinegunner_SCARL" prob="0.3"/>
	</append>

I managed to figure out why I couldn't see your rifles in your shop and tested a fix locally.

Currently, in the items.xml, all 7 rifles have the same:

<property name="TraderStageTemplate" value="baseTier1"/>

I assume my trader-level is already too high and filtering out all baseTier1 items which include your rifles.

If I swap the values to "baseTier2" for the T2 rifles and "baseTier3" for the T3/T4 rifles (same pattern as what I see in the items.xml for your shotgun pack), then I start seeing your rifles at my current trader-level.

9netKnU.png

I am pretty sure this is the right fix since the gunMGT2TacticalAR is "baseTier2" and gunMGT3M60 is "baseTier3".

edit:

3 hours ago, Izayo said:

This should work ? 

Randomly guessing, but I wonder if the "loot_quality_template" need to be changed per tier as well. Otherwise, I think your items will be treated the same as a low tier piece of loot and not sure what the implications of that are.

edit2: Also, I see in the loot.xml that there are loot groups by quest tiers as well... I assume the individual weapons need to be added to those loot groups so your weapons can show up as quest rewards.

Edited by Tarf (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Tarf said:

Randomly guessing, but I wonder if the "loot_quality_template" need to be changed per tier as well. Otherwise, I think your items will be treated the same as a low tier piece of loot and not sure what the implications of that are.

edit2: Also, I see in the loot.xml that there are loot groups by quest tiers as well... I assume the individual weapons need to be added to those loot groups so your weapons can show up as quest rewards.

oh yes I forget that parts. thanks

Some of my ideas to fill in the remaining slots could be:

Assault Rifle Long Tier 2: FAMAS or Daewoo Precision Industries K2
Snipers from Tier 1 to Tier 4: Ruger American Ranch Rifle, Thompson Center Compass Bolt-Action, Ruger Precision Rifle, and Q The Mini Fix

All of these are chambered in 5.56 or can be, so they could fit. Just some ideas. I am really excited to try out what you have already made though.

On a side note. I would love to see you make a CZ Scorpion Evo 3A1, Honey Badger, and AS Val at some point.

56 minutes ago, SlashConno said:

Some of my ideas to fill in the remaining slots could be:

Assault Rifle Long Tier 2: FAMAS or Daewoo Precision Industries K2
Snipers from Tier 1 to Tier 4: Ruger American Ranch Rifle, Thompson Center Compass Bolt-Action, Ruger Precision Rifle, and Q The Mini Fix

All of these are chambered in 5.56 or can be, so they could fit. Just some ideas. I am really excited to try out what you have already made though.

On a side note. I would love to see you make a CZ Scorpion Evo 3A1, Honey Badger, and AS Val at some point.

no bullpup . there is no holdtype that support bullpup system  

any .223 guns will be fine 

18 hours ago, Izayo said:

This should work ? 

<!-- oooooooooooo  -->
<!-- Group_new_MG  -->
<!-- oooooooooooo  -->
	<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT1_Machinegunner_CAR15" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT1_Machinegunner_FNNLCAL" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_M4C" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_HK33" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_SOCMK1" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_AKWA2" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT4_Machinegunner_SCARL" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT1">
	</lootgroup>

</append>

</append>

</append>

I spent some time looking through the base game XML and XML from other mods then put together a loot.xml for you.  I tested by opening a ton of Shotgun Messiah crates and teleporting to Army POIs to check ammo piles and munitions crates.

<configs>

<!-- append 5.56mm ammo to quest reward ammo group -->
		<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="70" loot_prob_template="QuestT1Prob"/>
		<item name="IZYammo556mmArmorpiercing" count="35" loot_prob_template="QuestT2Prob"/>
		<item name="IZYammo556mmHighPower" count="35" loot_prob_template="QuestT2Prob"/>
	</append>

<!-- define lootgroups, insert them -->
	<insertBefore xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupScrapCommon']">

<!-- lootgroups for 5.56mm ammo -->
		<lootgroup name="group556mmSmall">
			<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="6,8" loot_stage_count_mod="0.01" />
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="group556mmMedium">
			<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="15,20" loot_stage_count_mod="0.01" />
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="group556mmLarge">
			<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="30,50" loot_stage_count_mod="0.01" />
		</lootgroup>

<!-- lootgroups for 5.56 weapons -->
		</lootgroup>
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_M4C" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT2">
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_HK33" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT2">
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_SOCMK1" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT3">
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_AKWA2" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT3">
		</lootgroup>
		<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT4_Machinegunner_SCARL" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT3">
		</lootgroup>

</insertBefore>

<!-- append new 5.56mm weapon lootgroups to the general tiered ranged weapon groups -->
	</append>

</append>

</append>

<!-- append new 5.56mm ammo lootgroups to the sized ammo groups -->
	<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoSmall']">	
		<item group="group556mmSmall"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoSmallNoArrow']">	
		<item group="group556mmSmall"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoMedium']">	
		<item group="group556mmMedium"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoMediumNoArrow']">	
		<item group="group556mmMedium"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoLarge']">	
		<item group="group556mmLarge"/>
	</append>

</configs>

Note the change to how the 5.56mm ammo is added to the loot groups.  I copied the syntax from the base game XML.  If you do it the old A20 way, you end up with too much 5.56 showing up.

I copied the line for inserting the lootgroup definitions before 'groupScrapCommon' from the loot.xml in @bdubyah's vehicles pack.  It seemed like a clean way to do it. 

I've been enjoying your mods for a while and have some experience with XML so I thought I'd try to pay you back for the fun.  Hope it helps. 

Oh, I also put together a loot.xml for your shotgun mod and will be posting it over in that thread.

Is it updated or should we wait for the final one?

you just place a loot.xml file in the config and copy/paste that into it?^

It's confusing because the 5.56 one already has a loot.xml (but it's called loots.xml?) is that correct? Or should I replace that folder with loot.xml and copy/paste that code from above into it?

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

Spoiler
<configs>
<!-- oooooooooooo  -->
<!-- Group_new_MG  -->
<!-- oooooooooooo  -->
	<insertAfter xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner']">

</lootgroup>

</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_M4C" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT2">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT2_Machinegunner_HK33" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT2">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_SOCMK1" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT3">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT3_Machinegunner_AKWA2" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT3">
	</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupWeaponsT4_Machinegunner_SCARL" count="all" loot_quality_template="QLTemplateT3">
	</lootgroup>

</insertAfter>

</append>

</append>

</append>

<!-- OOO AMMO_LOOT OOO  -->

<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="70" loot_prob_template="QuestT1Prob"/>
		<item name="IZYammo556mmArmorpiercing" count="35" loot_prob_template="QuestT2Prob"/>
		<item name="IZYammo556mmHighPower" count="35" loot_prob_template="QuestT2Prob"/>
	</append>

<!-- OOO CREAT_AMMO_GROUP OOO  -->

<insertAfter xpath="//lootgroup[@name='group762mmLarge']">

<lootgroup name="group556ammoSmall">
			<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="6,8" loot_stage_count_mod="0.01"/>
		</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="group556ammoMedium">
			<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="15,20" loot_stage_count_mod="0.01"/>
		</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="group556ammoLarge">
			<item name="IZYammo556mmBulletBall" count="30,50" loot_stage_count_mod="0.01"/>
		</lootgroup>

</insertAfter>

<!-- OOO AMMO_LOOT_to_groupsize OOO  -->

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoSmall']">	
		<item group="group556ammoSmall"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoSmallNoArrow']">	
		<item group="group556ammoSmall"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoMedium']">	
		<item group="group556ammoMedium"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoMediumNoArrow']">	
		<item group="group556ammoMedium"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAmmoLarge']">	
		<item group="group556ammoLarge"/>
	</append>

</configs>

alright I think this is the best format.  I'm gonna use this for all of my pack

4AUdQdx.jpg

rQTt27A.jpg

5 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Is it updated or should we wait for the final one?

you just place a loot.xml file in the config and copy/paste that into it?^

It's confusing because the 5.56 one already has a loot.xml (but it's called loots.xml?) is that correct? Or should I replace that folder with loot.xml and copy/paste that code from above into it?

remove "s"  it should "loot" not "loots"  

Edited by Izayo
ligmaball (see edit history)