(A21) 5.56 Gun Pack (v2) (1.5/3)

Izayo

Nice!

I tried out the pack and love how the guns feel and sound.

Also, tested out buying from the trader, trader quest rewards, and general looting. Looks good!

One thing that I noticed was that all the Tactical Carbines did the same damage regardless of tiers. Is that expected?

Same thing with the Battle Carbines. The T1/T2/T3/T4 Battle Carbines all had the same max damage roll.

Also, any plans for bulk crafting 5.56 ammo in the future?

2 hours ago, Tarf said:

Nice!

I tried out the pack and love how the guns feel and sound.

Also, tested out buying from the trader, trader quest rewards, and general looting. Looks good!

One thing that I noticed was that all the Tactical Carbines did the same damage regardless of tiers. Is that expected?

Same thing with the Battle Carbines. The T1/T2/T3/T4 Battle Carbines all had the same max damage roll.

Also, any plans for bulk crafting 5.56 ammo in the future?

yes only change with run/walk speed rate of fire for TAC carbine  

and mag capacity / lower recoil for BAT carbine 

but still get some small damage bonus from gun mods

Hola Izayo!

Buddies and me are very entertained thanks to your great mods, as always. Much appreciation.

One thing I wanted to report is that the x2 scope seems to be bugged across all guns from the shotgun and 556 packs. They look like the reflex sight and the scope are glued together.

10 hours ago, Izayo said:

yes only change with run/walk speed rate of fire for TAC carbine  

and mag capacity / lower recoil for BAT carbine 

but still get some small damage bonus from gun mods

Gotcha!

The improvements in other areas are pretty nice and noticeable.

I think a small damage increase between going up the tiers would be nice though especially since the base game assault rifles had their damage number linearized.

Entity damage goes up by 32% going from a quality 6 AK to a quality 6 Tactical AR. Same percentage increase going from a Tactical AR to a M60.

Since your rifles already have improvements in other areas, a 8-10% damage increase between tiers would keep progression in-line with the base game weapon progression imo.

As an example with concrete numbers, here are the in-game stats for a few weapons (Q6 with full mods and a good base damage roll):

AK

Spoiler

YSOAU1d.png

Tactical AR

Spoiler

kWX17J4.png

M60

Spoiler

MGqNTEB.png

SMG-5

Spoiler

rBYEN2T.png

SKAR-L (T4 Battle Carbine)

Spoiler

wjGMUnZ.png

G36C (T4 Tactical Carbine)

Spoiler

pYgrm3V.png

Currently, the T4 Carbines (which are much harder to get than the other weapons) do less entity damage than a T1 AK.

The T4 Tactical Carbine has uniqueness in terms of mobility, but the T4 Battle Carbine is noticeably worse than that T2 Tactical AR and T3 M60 at killing tougher zombies at range.

Imo, the advantages of the T4 Battle Carbine doesn't outweigh the 31% damage increase on the T2 Tactical AR and the 84% damage increase on the T3 M60.

If Battle Carbines had a 10% damage increase per tier, then the T4 Battle Carbine would have 83.5 damage which I think is pretty in-line with the other weapons.

Similarly, if Tactical Carbines had a 8% damage increase per tier (bit less since the mobility increase is pretty unique), then the T4 Tactical Carbine would have 70.4 damage which doesn't feel OP to me and keeps a sense of progression.

What are you thoughts?

edit: lol, I tried to figure out entity damage from the items.xml and am completely lost...

edit2: oh, base entity damage is on the bullet, that explains a lot

edit3: okay, figured it out

Edited by Tarf (see edit history)

Izayo not a big deal, but I noticed with your guns only when I ADS I still get the crosshair in the sight. Is there anyway to turn it off? I have the mod to turn off crosshairs and it works for the tactical  pack and vanilla guns.

It's just the iron sight/reflex sight having the annoying crosshairs there too. If not, not a big deal, just was wondering.

8 hours ago, FrodoTBaggins said:

Hola Izayo!

Buddies and me are very entertained thanks to your great mods, as always. Much appreciation.

One thing I wanted to report is that the x2 scope seems to be bugged across all guns from the shotgun and 556 packs. They look like the reflex sight and the scope are glued together.

nah it's a thing in real life 

3DMCrdN.jpg

the rear scope thingy do magnify the front Eotech.  I don't have Picture in picture plugin so it will look weird 

8 hours ago, Tarf said:

Gotcha!

The improvements in other areas are pretty nice and noticeable.

I think a small damage increase between going up the tiers would be nice though especially since the base game assault rifles had their damage number linearized.

Entity damage goes up by 32% going from a quality 6 AK to a quality 6 Tactical AR. Same percentage increase going from a Tactical AR to a M60.

Since your rifles already have improvements in other areas, a 8-10% damage increase between tiers would keep progression in-line with the base game weapon progression imo.

As an example with concrete numbers, here are the in-game stats for a few weapons (Q6 with full mods and a good base damage roll):

AK

Reveal hidden contents

YSOAU1d.png

Tactical AR

Hide contents

kWX17J4.png

M60

Hide contents

MGqNTEB.png

SMG-5

Hide contents

rBYEN2T.png

SKAR-L (T4 Battle Carbine)

Hide contents

wjGMUnZ.png

G36C (T4 Tactical Carbine)

Hide contents

pYgrm3V.png

Currently, the T4 Carbines (which are much harder to get than the other weapons) do less entity damage than a T1 AK.

The T4 Tactical Carbine has uniqueness in terms of mobility, but the T4 Battle Carbine is noticeably worse than that T2 Tactical AR and T3 M60 at killing tougher zombies at range.

Imo, the advantages of the T4 Battle Carbine doesn't outweigh the 31% damage increase on the T2 Tactical AR and the 84% damage increase on the T3 M60.

If Battle Carbines had a 10% damage increase per tier, then the T4 Battle Carbine would have 83.5 damage which I think is pretty in-line with the other weapons.

Similarly, if Tactical Carbines had a 8% damage increase per tier (bit less since the mobility increase is pretty unique), then the T4 Tactical Carbine would have 70.4 damage which doesn't feel OP to me and keeps a sense of progression.

What are you thoughts?

edit: lol, I tried to figure out entity damage from the items.xml and am completely lost...

edit2: oh, base entity damage is on the bullet, that explains a lot

edit3: okay, figured it out

I'll try balance this again.  I mostly base damage CAP. around AK47  (max damage around 65). especially Battle carbine it should does same damage as 762 but you will have low ammo cap and can't use magagize mods.   

8 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Izayo not a big deal, but I noticed with your guns only when I ADS I still get the crosshair in the sight. Is there anyway to turn it off? I have the mod to turn off crosshairs and it works for the tactical  pack and vanilla guns.

It's just the iron sight/reflex sight having the annoying crosshairs there too. If not, not a big deal, just was wondering.

I forgot to disable "crosshaironaim"  thanks for the report man.

Digging the mod so far, however, we've run into a small problem! We aren't able to craft any of the ammo although it inidicates that we can when viewed in the workbench. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, new to modding! Thanks in advance!

21 hours ago, Boomtasm said:

Digging the mod so far, however, we've run into a small problem! We aren't able to craft any of the ammo although it inidicates that we can when viewed in the workbench. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, new to modding! Thanks in advance!

Weird. Are you using other mods?

I had no issues crafting ammo.

LpGmd37.png

edit: didn't want to double post

Here are some xml edits that I did for my personal use. This is for bulk ammo crafting.

Added to:

items.xml

Spoiler
<item name="IZYammoBundle556mmBulletBall">
  <property name="Extends" value="ammoBundleMaster"/>
  <property name="CustomIcon" value="IZYammo556mmBulletBall"/>
  <property name="EconomicValue" value="900"/>
  <property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkAutoWeaponsComplete"/>
  <!-- BOOK_PERK -->
  <property name="TraderStageTemplate" value="ammoTier1"/>

<property class="Action0">
    <property name="Create_item" value="IZYammo556mmBulletBall"/>
  </property>
</item>

<item name="IZYammoBundle556mmArmorpiercing">
  <property name="CustomIcon" value="IZYammo556mmArmorpiercing"/>
  <property name="EconomicValue" value="1300"/>
  <!-- BOOK_PERK -->
  <property name="TraderStageTemplate" value="ammoTier3"/>

<property name="Create_item" value="IZYammo556mmArmorpiercing"/>
  </property>
</item>

<item name="IZYammoBundle556mmHighPower">
  <property name="CustomIcon" value="IZYammo556mmHighPower"/>
  <property name="EconomicValue" value="1300"/>
  <!-- BOOK_PERK -->
  <property name="TraderStageTemplate" value="ammoTier2"/>

<property name="Create_item" value="IZYammo556mmHighPower"/>
  </property>
</item>

recipes.xml

Spoiler
<recipe name="IZYammoBundle556mmBulletBall" count="1" craft_time="240" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
  <ingredient name="resourceBulletTip" count="80"/>
  <ingredient name="resourceScrapIron" count="80"/>
  <ingredient name="resourceGunPowder" count="160"/>
  <ingredient name="resourceBulletCasing" count="80"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="IZYammoBundle556mmArmorpiercing" count="1" craft_time="360" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
  <ingredient name="resourceScrapIron" count="320"/>
  <ingredient name="resourceGunPowder" count="240"/>
</recipe>

<recipe name="IZYammoBundle556mmHighPower" count="1" craft_time="360" craft_area="workbench" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
  <ingredient name="resourceScrapIron" count="80"/>
  <ingredient name="resourceGunPowder" count="320"/>
</recipe>

progression.xml

Spoiler
<append xpath="//book[@name='perkAutoWeaponsComplete']/effect_group">
  <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1" value="1" tags="IZYammoBundle556mmBulletBall,IZYammoBundle556mmArmorpiercing,IZYammoBundle556mmHighPower"/>
</append>

So now the custom ammo in this pack has ammo bundle boxes with crafting tied to reading all the automatic weapons books.

Dl4u5UD.png

fPSh8T4.png

No idea how to package these so here are the xml files that I changed

https://file.io/GvYRt2d3k9IX

15 hours ago, Izayo said:

players need to download and install for themself

Thank you!

BTW, so if a mod just contain some xml file and config file, then we just need to install it on server. If a mod contains other files like extra icon or else, we require all player install it locally, right?

1 hour ago, CC7936 said:

Thank you!

BTW, so if a mod just contain some xml file and config file, then we just need to install it on server. If a mod contains other files like extra icon or else, we require all player install it locally, right?

I don't know man , I have no idea how server-side mod work , when I plays with friend , if both us have the same mod , we can play togather with no problem.

Yes, in the case of Izayo's mod, both the server and each client would need to have the mod installed.  Any mod that adds assets have to be loaded on all machines.  This would also apply to any mod that modifies the core gaming code.

Any mod that only affects xml file / coding would only need to be installed on the server machine (in SP, your machine is considered the server).

Izayo ! i Just want to Say Arigato ! your mod Work is excellent im very New to modding but i have been editing mods and the way you code your mods just makes it easier to understand what im doing and edits to it are always easy for me . i was using tack weapons with your mod was able to Bridge ammo type from each mod except one thing it seem rifles can only have 5 ammo type options or the TA .556 AP bullets are coded different they are referential instead of their own new instance and not recognized Any how the TA mod only has a few weapons that work and was wondering how i could just compile them into your existing MOD its just the M416 and ScarH i was using and the pistols and SMG but there are janky with WILD recoil patterns that go in circles or figure 8. SO again Thank you for taking your time not Rushing anything and putting out great Content . Arigato  

14 hours ago, ShowerHour said:

did you end up changing the damage values for yourself? if so, could you possibly post it or send me what you did? i'm also using your bundle edits.

Yes, I did. It is a change in the items.xml

Basically, changed:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="-7" tags="perkMachineGunner"/>

To have different values for different tiers of TC and BC rifles.

Here are the values in a table.

Weapon Type Weapon Tier value
Tactical Carbine 1 -7
Tactical Carbine 2 -4.36
Tactical Carbine 3 -1.51
Tactical Carbine 4 1.57
Battle Carbine 1 -7
Battle Carbine 2 -3.7
Battle Carbine 3 -0.07
Battle Carbine 4 3.92

In other words, the edit for Battle Carbine T4, is editing the entity damage (operation="base_add") to:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_add" value="3.92" tags="perkMachineGunner"/>

If you are using the ammo bundle xml edit already, then this should be both edits in the same file.

https://pastebin.com/TjzuBEP8

Loving this mod brother and looking forward to all the new stuff as well! 

One suggestion, idk if it's even possible. To have more like an echo or lasting effect after the gun shoots? Sounds great on the shotguns for the most part, seems like these are cut off a bit short. 

If it's impossible and too much work don't even listen to me lol