Gets hit in leg = broken arm and/or concussion

Old Crow

Still trying to figure out how something hitting our legs gives us concussions and broken ARMS. Wasn't the latter supposed to have been fixed in A20? Dogs, wolves, crawlers, coyotes.. and then there's the vultures breaking my legs.

I know, I know. "MUH SURVIVAL!" There's reasonable and then there's stupid. This is stupid.

I'd worry more about the multi-crit stuff. Get hit once and oh look: Abrasion, Infection, bleeding AND concussion. That stuff really needs to stop, vultures are especially guilty of this as is dogs. Almost everytime I am hit by a vulture even ONCE they usually land 3-4 debuffs on me, it almost feels like its 100% chance because of how often it happens. Lets just say if I get hit by a vulture and it doesn't land some debuff on me I am surprized.. as it happens that often that they do land a debuff (or several) every hit.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Scyris said:

I'd worry more about the multi-crit stuff. Get hit once and oh look: Abrasion, Infection, bleeding AND concussion. That stuff really needs to stop, vultures are especially guilty of this as is dogs. Almost everytime I am hit by a vulture even ONCE they usually land 3-4 debuffs on me, it almost feels like its 100% chance because of how often it happens. Lets just say if I get hit by a vulture and it doesn't land some debuff on me I am surprized.. as it happens that often that they do land a debuff (or several) every hit.

Yeah, that stuff's ridiculous too. Happened last night actually. One zombie. "You have an abrasion. You are infected. Your arm is broken. You have a concussion. Your wife left you and took the kids. You lost your job. You owe the IRS $40,000. Your parents hate you. You are tired."

Spoiler

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones,
Now shake dem skeleton bones!

The toe bone's connected to the foot bone,
The foot bone's connected to the ankle bone,
The ankle bone's connected to the leg bone,

The leg bone's connected to the knee bone,
The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone,
The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone,

The hip bone's connected to the back bone
The back bone's connected to the neck bone,
The neck bone's connected to the head bone,

The finger bone's connected to the hand bone,
The hand bone's connected to the arm bone,
The arm bone's connected to the shoulder bone,

Dem bones, dem bones gonna walk around
Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk around
Dem bones, dem bones, gonna walk around

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, it doesn't really make sense, though I'd honestly rather the broken arm than a broken leg.  I thought they fixed the multi debuffs problem but maybe not.

I know back in A20 they'd supposedly fixed the whole broken leg/broken arm thing (ie a vulture swooping down on you won't break your leg) but they either broke it again or didn't actually fix it.

29 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

but they either broke it again or didn't actually fix it.

After seeing a few of the recent Alphas, I think they're just really cautious applying any fixes to their main branch. It's not a bad approach as such, some fixes will by nature be a bad fit for the main branch; but it makes it look like "they broke it again" when in reality they chose not to fix it to main, for plenty of possible reasons. Common reasons would be "they're planning to overhaul the fixed system" or "it's not really worth the dev time to fix that now as we will probably tweak it enough to break something around it anyway and it will need a full review once done".

Yes, I'm making wild assumptions here, but I'm also staring at a plethora of regression bugs... and trying to be realistic / kind :)

On 7/8/2023 at 3:10 PM, Old Crow said:

Yeah, that stuff's ridiculous too. Happened last night actually. One zombie. "You have an abrasion. You are infected. Your arm is broken. You have a concussion. Your wife left you and took the kids. You lost your job. You owe the IRS $40,000. Your parents hate you. You are tired."

and yer dog died.

(I'd forgotten about the exhausted debuff.  exhausted? I"M SHOOTING A GUN!)  umf.

They just need to limit debuffs to one per hit. I'd be fine with that, but like other have said, a vulture hitting you once should not give you an abrasion/bleeding/a broken arm/infection at the same time. That is end boss level debuffs potential, not a bird you can take out with a single hit from a club.

If they absolutely need to give crawlers a multiple debuff, then it should be something....memorable, like...  broken leg  AND toenail fungus.    Vultures are bad,  but imagine how rough life would be if they gave you an infection, a concussion, and a BAD HAIR DAY (+10 added to prices at any Trader for one full day).  Rot-weilers often give bleeding, and infection,  but think how fortunate we are that they don't also give you the "Pee'd on Leg" status debuff effect  (with a horrific after effect of a sloshing sound as you walked for a few hours)

Yes, I am laughing,  I hope you are too.  🤣

15 hours ago, warmer said:

They just need to limit debuffs to one per hit. I'd be fine with that, but like other have said, a vulture hitting you once should not give you an abrasion/bleeding/a broken arm/infection at the same time. That is end boss level debuffs potential, not a bird you can take out with a single hit from a club.

This would be nice, I honestly fear vultures more than anything else in 7dtd, because almost everytime they hit you even once, they land 3-4 debuffs at once. Vultures seem to do this more than anything else in the game does. Dogs are the runner up to vultures, almost everytime they hit you they usually land something, its actually more shocking when I get but by a vulture or dog and it didn't land a debuff on me because of how often they usually do land them.

I agree, I think the debuffs are over the top now.

I'm still in my first playthrough in A21 and I've had more concussions, broken arms and legs, major lacerations, infections, sprains, abrasions, and bleeding in the first week of the playthrough than I've had in hundreds of hours of playing in A20.  To boot, in A20 I played on Survivor level.  In A21 I'm playing on Warrior level.  I think I would have died a thousand deaths by now if I was playing Survivor level.

On 7/8/2023 at 6:24 AM, Old Crow said:

Still trying to figure out how something hitting our legs gives us concussions and broken ARMS. Wasn't the latter supposed to have been fixed in A20? Dogs, wolves, crawlers, coyotes.. and then there's the vultures breaking my legs.

I know, I know. "MUH SURVIVAL!" There's reasonable and then there's stupid. This is stupid.

You got hit in the leg, fell, used you arm to mitigate the fall and broken it.

And the vulture broke you leg because the vulture are some sons of their mothers and do whatever they want. FAQ vultures!