Anyone else really dislike the new eating sound effect in A21?

Scyris

I can't be the only one right? I was fine with it in a20 and below, but the new ones just bug for me for some reason, like I sometimes cringe irl when I hear them.... I can't be the only one right? Thankfully there IS a mod to remove them, which I will most likely be using.

10 hours ago, Blasphemous said:

It's horrible. Needless change, pimps.

But horrible needless change is what you NEED in a game like this apparently - that's how you keep EA development going for 10 years...

Anyway I'm sure if enough people say they don't like it then TFP will...   oh, no... wait... they wont...

Most of the new sounds in the game either feel out of place, or sound incredibly low fidelity. The out of place ones could just be because of familiarity with the old ones, but the really bad ones, like the eating sound we are discussing, are unexplainable. Sounds like it was recorded on Teamspeak 20 years ago by that guy with the worst headset you ever heard.

On 6/16/2023 at 4:37 AM, Lasher said:

But horrible needless change is what you NEED in a game like this apparently - that's how you keep EA development going for 10 years...

Anyway I'm sure if enough people say they don't like it then TFP will...   oh, no... wait... they wont...

That horse has been dead quite a while. You really have nothing else to say but the same tired line over and over. Put the whip away and move on about your way. Please.

And yes I dislike the sound too. Sounds like someone eating with loose wooden dentures clacking together in a mouthful of too wet pudding.

Edited by outhous (see edit history)

I am probably weird, but the new sounds haven't bugged me at all.  Did take a bit to get over the new quest sounds, but that was because I wasn't expecting them and took me I think the second quest before I realize what the sound was for

The graphics (with the exception of the sickly looking character models and hairstyles, and UI that looks like it was design on Word) in this game has gotten better and better over the years, but the sounds are worse than ever. Especially the level up and party invite sounds - they have such a negative gong to them, it sounds like you’re being punished for something.  The pumps really need to hire someone who knows what they’re doing in the sound effect department.

I think the hunger sound is one of the worst for me - I've never thought it sounded like "I'm Hungry" but more like "I'm about to have an enormous bought of explosive diarrhoea."

So much so that it's become an ingame joke that whenever one of us makes the hunger sound we'll say "Sorry lads, but I've just..."

On 6/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, outhous said:

That horse has been dead quite a while.

Indeed it has - and if you're happy to ignore it's bloated, stinking corpse you can - but it's still there and it's still stinks.

Take your copium and ignore it if you want.

31 minutes ago, Lasher said:

Indeed it has - and if you're happy to ignore it's bloated, stinking corpse you can - but it's still there and it's still stinks.

Nope. I'm going to skip school and stand beside it all day, poking at it with a pointed stick. 

Make 7 Days great again.