How did the russian T72B3 tank end up among the photos to be posted at Trader Hugh's base?

Survager

19 hours ago, Gamida said:

I think you are trolling me or I don't get your sarcasm but will add this anyway.

I am not trolling you.

I will explain.

Weapons are at least divided into two types: offensive and defensive.

Molotov cocktails are a defensive weapon that is used against invaders, including russian tanks.

Offensive weapons are artillery, tanks and more.

It is for this reason that such a concept as an "iron fist" is used in relation to tank divisions.

Now T72B3 tanks (exclusively russian modification, not the USSR) are used by russia to destroy the peaceful cities of Ukraine. It is for this reason that I believe that the honorable placement of the image of this tank in frames on the walls of locations is inappropriate, at least for now.

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

Who the hell cares xD it's just a tank image -.- This is a game, stop politicize everything everywhere -.- No one cares which tank it is. People will always find reasons to cry about. The next thing would be a person crying because there are aircrafts shown which kill people. We don't want people killing things shown mimimi.

33 minutes ago, Survager said:

I am not trolling you.

I will explain.

Weapons are at least divided into two types: offensive and defensive.

Molotov cocktails are a defensive weapon that is used against invaders, including russian tanks.

Offensive weapons are artillery, tanks and more.

It is for this reason that such a concept as an "iron fist" is used in relation to tank divisions.

Now T72B3 tanks (exclusively russian modification, not the USSR) are used by russia to destroy the peaceful cities of Ukraine. It is for this reason that I believe that the honorable placement of the image of this tank in frames on the walls of locations is inappropriate, at least for now.

It's been changed to an American tank model which never destroyed any peaceful cities of anyone and was only ever used to defend truth, justice, and the American way!

The artist chose a tank from among stock images and didn't know it was Russian. Upon reading your feedback he looked through the images again and found a different image and made sure it was not Russian and it has already been swapped.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

It's been changed to an American tank model which never destroyed any peaceful cities of anyone and was only ever used to defend truth, justice, and the American way!

The artist chose a tank from among stock images and didn't know it was Russian. Upon reading your feedback he looked through the images again and found a different image and made sure it was not Russian and it has already been swapped.

I feel sad by just being a participant in this. Tell the artist that, at least from me, I apologize for making them feel anything negative emotions for my part in this.

26 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I feel sad by just being a participant in this. Tell the artist that, at least from me, I apologize for making them feel anything negative emotions for my part in this.

He was happy to do it. No worries! I think he's probably following this thread so you just told him. :)

6 hours ago, Roland said:

If you're serious about the image being replaced, if so, then I say THANK YOU SO MUCH for that.
It may not seem so important to you, I understand that.
I hope I haven't offended anyone in this discussion, as I didn't mean to at all. I tried to be as discreet as possible.

1 hour ago, Survager said:

If you're serious about the image being replaced, if so, then I say THANK YOU SO MUCH for that.
It may not seem so important to you, I understand that.
I hope I haven't offended anyone in this discussion, as I didn't mean to at all. I tried to be as discreet as possible.

I'm being serious, yes. The developers heard your feedback and made the change. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

I was surprised to see Hugh's place on the Dev stream because there are so many ties to our world/time. Like, why was *any* contemporary real life tank chosen from stock images. Y'know, might be cooler if it was an "apocalypse tank" - something that looks like the rest of the 7 Days to Die world instead of just rolling off the assembly line. I've only played a few years and don't know if there's any backstory I haven't heard of but it's a trip finding out that Hugh was a sergeant in 2011. I dunno, I just figured that he was someone who became who he was in the 7 Days world, not the one we live in. Ah well, if that's backstory, I guess he could have captured that T-72 somewhere (pretty common tank), lol. 

22 hours ago, Apocalipservice said:

I was surprised to see Hugh's place on the Dev stream because there are so many ties to our world/time. Like, why was *any* contemporary real life tank chosen from stock images. Y'know, might be cooler if it was an "apocalypse tank" - something that looks like the rest of the 7 Days to Die world instead of just rolling off the assembly line. I've only played a few years and don't know if there's any backstory I haven't heard of but it's a trip finding out that Hugh was a sergeant in 2011. I dunno, I just figured that he was someone who became who he was in the 7 Days world, not the one we live in. Ah well, if that's backstory, I guess he could have captured that T-72 somewhere (pretty common tank), lol. 

The game isn't meant to be set too far into the future, so images of current tanks and weapons makes sense.  I would imagine many people stuck in such a world would like having mementos from before things fell apart.  I think it fits well.

https://youtu.be/fzLtF_PxbYw

EDIT:

My post is from a comedy show, but I did not post it in jest. 

I am sorry if it was found offensive, but I will leave it so as not to rewrite history. The response should remain as well. I get it. I probably should have read the room better. 

What it actually depicts is Ukraine kicking ass, taking no disrespect, and the enemy cowering in fear. That was my message. 

Edited by Catdaddy (see edit history)

I would like to laugh with you, but... Yesterday at 4 am in the Uman city (this is not a front-line city), a Russian missile hit a residential building and destroyed the top 5 floors of a 9-storey building. 23 civilians were killed, including 5 children.
I'm sorry, but I'm not even smiling right now.
If this post is against forum rules, please delete it.

Edited by Survager (see edit history)

This thread is teetering on the edge of politics and could spiral into a flame war depending on how people react. I will close it since the issue with the game was resolved. Of course, all reasonable people feel sympathy and anguish for innocent victims of war and wish that wars could end and peace prevail. However, the internet is not always the visiting place of reasonable people. 

Once again, I am glad that you spoke up @Survager with your feedback for the developers and that they were able to respond with sensitivity.

• Roland locked this topic