Can I turn the alpha 21 danger meter off?

ElCabong

12 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

I don't want to know. Prefer to learn the hard way

So you don't want to know if you can turn off the danger meter?  😄

Anything is possible, we just won't know until A21 releases if that is an option you can turn off, something you can disable via xml, or if it requires c# coding to do so.

Just remember that they showed the zombie health meter in the dev streams and had it listed in the features list for alpha (17? 18?) and then just before release hid it all behind debug mode. Will this follow suit? We can't know but be sure to let your opinion be known during experimental if it shows up in the regular game. 

I would love to see toggles for all elements of the HUD so that you could have whichever parts visible that you wanted.

They did fix F7, btw, so that you can play the game and interact with containers with  your entire HUD hidden. But it is all or nothing currently.

Personally, I don't mind it as long as they make it the size of the clock text and place it directly under the clock.  But in the middle of the screen like that will be horrible at you drive between dozens of POI while going somewhere and having it flashing constantly in the middle of the screen.

That said, +1 to customizable.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Riamus said:

Personally, I don't mind it as long as they make it the size of the clock text and place it directly under the clock.  But in the middle of the screen like that will be horrible at you drive between dozens of POI while going somewhere and having it flashing constantly in the middle of the screen.

That said, +1 to customizable.

That isn't how it works. If you drive down the middle of the street you wont see any indicators at all. You must enter the tile that contains the POI in order for the pop up to show. It really doesn't happen that often and sometimes when I'm curious I have to run up closer to the POI than I think in order to make the indicator appear.

32 minutes ago, Roland said:

That isn't how it works. If you drive down the middle of the street you wont see any indicators at all. You must enter the tile that contains the POI in order for the pop up to show. It really doesn't happen that often and sometimes when I'm curious I have to run up closer to the POI than I think in order to make the indicator appear.

I don't mean on the road.  I often drive through yards and between POI (on the POIs ground area) as it makes it faster to travel through a town without having to follow roads that often don't go straight to where I want.  This would pop up continually as I drive over the various POI properties.  The only times I don't cut across POI is in the wasteland due to the annoying iron everywhere or if the destination is straight down a road rather than off at an angle.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

33 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I don't mean on the road.  I often drive through yards and between POI (on the POIs ground area) as it makes it faster to travel through a town without having to follow roads that often don't go straight to where I want.  This would pop up continually as I drive over the various POI properties.  The only times I don't cut across POI is in the wasteland due to the annoying iron everywhere or if the destination is straight down a road rather than off at an angle.

Gotcha. Yes, that type of off-roading will cause the pop-up more often. Hopefully during experimental they'll add a toggle.