teragon maps

crimson_binome

On 3/26/2023 at 4:12 PM, paulj_3 said:

Hi Riamus: Just a quick note: I read the updated doc, and immediately got stuck at Add Height Map "EPI:Low"  😵 . . . .   With all due credit to Pille (He's still a God) - his brevity leaves me wondering if we're even talking the same language!  🤒  Could/would you (kindly) apply some of your 'magic' to your document (please 😎 ),  just as you did with 4.1? It helps the learning process immensely. And I can't really expect Bob or Spud to keep supplying me with good maps. . . . . (sigh)

We young people have to be brief, we simply do not have time. 😉

Got updated 0.42 OMG! lots of wilderness POIs with compo-pack 😱 seen lots better & fixed than old version was lack wilderness POI

spacer.png

I tweaked reduced to 300 sen better, I put 0 bridges but roads still bridges each sides islands, still not connection on X every islands, best idea custom roads & some islands are empty just wilderness no cities don't have import custom cities zones yet. I was in KingGen have import custom cities zones like purple is oldwest/small town & green is medium town & blue is big city & red is blocked stop spawn.

Small issued too much Asiantown when on max town 25 they ton of Asiantown & unbalanced cities only 1 Zombieland, Fab, Fv, Countryresidential, Rural, Medievalvillage

spacer.png

Edited by Wolves Hero (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Wolves Hero said:

Got updated 0.42 OMG! lots of wilderness POIs with compo-pack 😱 seen lots better & fixed than old version was lack wilderness POI

spacer.png

I tweaked reduced to 300 sen better, I put 0 bridges but roads still bridges each sides islands, still not connection on X every islands, best idea custom roads & some islands are empty just wilderness no cities don't have import custom cities zones yet. I was in KingGen have import custom cities zones like purple is oldwest/small town & green is medium town & blue is big city & red is blocked stop spawn.

Small issued too much Asiantown when on max town 25 they ton of Asiantown & unbalanced cities only 1 Zombieland, Fab, Fv, Countryresidential, Rural, Medievalvillage

spacer.png

Your tile islands are very interesting. :)

Custom Roads are your best option for the X's, I agree.  Regarding getting towns on all islands, you can use a Mask to do this.  There are details in the Import Mask Map command in the documentation I made, but basically you create an image the same size as your map and white areas are where towns can be placed and black areas are where towns cannot be placed.  You will import that image with Import Mask Map command and make sure you place the mask map name in your Create Towns command.  Note that if you want to control what towns appear on which islands, you can do this with multiple masks and Create Town commands and Town Property Lists in this way:

1. Import Mask (Island1), Use Read Town Property List with only one town type (we'll call it Town for this example) with the size and districts you want to use on the first island, Use Create Towns with the Island1 mask map.
  2. Import Mask (Island2), Use Read Town Property List with only one town type (use the same name as before -- e.g. Town) with the size and districts you want to use on the second island, Use Create Towns with the Island2 mask map.
  3. Import Mask (Island3), Use Read Town Property List with only one town type (use the same name as before -- e.g. Town) with the size and districts you want to use on the third island, Use Create Towns with the Island3 mask map.

Repeat for all islands.  You can, of course, do multiple islands at once if the same town settings will be on multiple islands.  Just make sure your mask covers all those islands.  And be aware that doing multiple islands at once may or may not put one on every island, unlike each island individually is pretty much guaranteed to do.  *Keep the town name the same as I'm not sure you can remove a previously used town by using multiple Read Town Property List commands, but you should be able to overwrite the town settings in this way.  I haven't actually tried that, but it should work fine.  If not, let me know.

As far as too many Asian towns, this may change based on seed, but is also likely related to the town settings for each town type.  If the Asian town's settings for size are different from those of the other town types, it may be that it is easier to place and so is used more often.  You can avoid this by doing the suggestion I gave above and placing towns individually.  It'll probably take a bit of trial and error but it should work.

If you want more than one town type per island, you can have more than one in the Read Town Property List, but keep in mind that, as I mentioned, I don't think you can remove previously used town types this way (only overwrite them), so if you use 2 town types on one island and only want one on another, you'll probably have to have both towns use the same settings so that even though it's two kinds of towns, they'll look like only one kind of town.  Just use the same town names for all islands and if you want fewer different towns on some, keep the different town names, but have all parameters for each of them identical.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Riamus said:

Your tile islands are very interesting. :)

Custom Roads are your best option for the X's, I agree.  Regarding getting towns on all islands, you can use a Mask to do this.  There are details in the Import Mask Map command in the documentation I made, but basically you create an image the same size as your map and white areas are where towns can be placed and black areas are where towns cannot be placed.  You will import that image with Import Mask Map command and make sure you place the mask map name in your Create Towns command.  Note that if you want to control what towns appear on which islands, you can do this with multiple masks and Create Town commands and Town Property Lists in this way:

1. Import Mask (Island1), Use Read Town Property List with only one town type (we'll call it Town for this example) with the size and districts you want to use on the first island, Use Create Towns with the Island1 mask map.
  2. Import Mask (Island2), Use Read Town Property List with only one town type (use the same name as before -- e.g. Town) with the size and districts you want to use on the second island, Use Create Towns with the Island2 mask map.
  3. Import Mask (Island3), Use Read Town Property List with only one town type (use the same name as before -- e.g. Town) with the size and districts you want to use on the third island, Use Create Towns with the Island3 mask map.

Repeat for all islands.  You can, of course, do multiple islands at once if the same town settings will be on multiple islands.  Just make sure your mask covers all those islands.  And be aware that doing multiple islands at once may or may not put one on every island, unlike each island individually is pretty much guaranteed to do.  *Keep the town name the same as I'm not sure you can remove a previously used town by using multiple Read Town Property List commands, but you should be able to overwrite the town settings in this way.  I haven't actually tried that, but it should work fine.  If not, let me know.

As far as too many Asian towns, this may change based on seed, but is also likely related to the town settings for each town type.  If the Asian town's settings for size are different from those of the other town types, it may be that it is easier to place and so is used more often.  You can avoid this by doing the suggestion I gave above and placing towns individually.  It'll probably take a bit of trial and error but it should work.

If you want more than one town type per island, you can have more than one in the Read Town Property List, but keep in mind that, as I mentioned, I don't think you can remove previously used town types this way (only overwrite them), so if you use 2 town types on one island and only want one on another, you'll probably have to have both towns use the same settings so that even though it's two kinds of towns, they'll look like only one kind of town.  Just use the same town names for all islands and if you want fewer different towns on some, keep the different town names, but have all parameters for each of them identical.

I made it, 4 white square town spawn, will some more small white for town. 2 mask map I tried 3 square for big town & 1 square for zombieland but don't work still mixed can't separate.

image.thumb.png.c3f503d39080c10f24f55138694dc7ec.png

Edited by Wolves Hero (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I'd have to see your preset or at least screenshots of the specific commands I mentioned to see their parameters, as well as what the mask looks like to have an idea of what might be giving you trouble.

For Big town on 3 square. Don't have tutorial on YouTube yet

image.thumb.png.e2ee4a4ebe507bcf58a2ced8fb204ef0.png

Mask map name from import mask map work fine

image.thumb.png.33c8bd691aa7bb0d03accbc3f3247614.png

1 square for zombieland & medievalvillage & oldwest but none worked they still mixed all 4 squares

image.thumb.png.7537ff9e9deef59e7995a6a67be39b61.png

image.thumb.png.0ca596f6c14ecac55cfe6ef9bf9612c9.png

3 hours ago, Wolves Hero said:

For Big town on 3 square. Don't have tutorial on YouTube yet

image.thumb.png.e2ee4a4ebe507bcf58a2ced8fb204ef0.png

Mask map name from import mask map work fine

image.thumb.png.33c8bd691aa7bb0d03accbc3f3247614.png

1 square for zombieland & medievalvillage & oldwest but none worked they still mixed all 4 squares

image.thumb.png.7537ff9e9deef59e7995a6a67be39b61.png

image.thumb.png.0ca596f6c14ecac55cfe6ef9bf9612c9.png

I am not sure exactly what isn't working for you.  Is the big town not showing up anywhere? You said three squares.  Is that supposed to be in there different squares and the mask covers those there squares?  Try lowering the minimum size if big town in town properties.  It may be too big to fit.

For the others, I'm not sure what you mean.  You are showing only one square, but you said it mixed four squares.

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I am not sure exactly what isn't working for you.  Is the big town not showing up anywhere? You said three squares.  Is that supposed to be in there different squares and the mask covers those there squares?  Try lowering the minimum size if big town in town properties.  It may be too big to fit.

For the others, I'm not sure what you mean.  You are showing only one square, but you said it mixed four squares.

I have already 2 separated mask map 3 for all city & 1 for zombieland/medievalvillage but went mixed in 4 islands can't separate. I been trial & error hard to separate

image.png.56c0c5f6a6861c79d26f841876bb2582.png

updated to 0.42.0  craters are fun to play with...lol the novelty might run out quickly though.

2 craters added to this map. craters after create rivers... interesting affect on the rivers... 

smallpreview_high_res.thumb.jpg.45fef1f5b6435c4cab2db9d3b87f7408.jpg

Added a third crater, this is a bigger one before the rivers are created...

smallpreview.thumb.jpg.c363bf95ebe0d048ba2ed58e42a44484.jpg

I may have over tweaked some parameters...lol

@Pille   is there a way for teragon to append something to the end of the world save name if the name already exists? cant remember how many times i started a new world generation and forgot to change the save name... today i overwrote the world i am playing in !! lol

i managed to copy the original before it was completed then renamed both worlds... still playing that world and so far it seems i got away with it.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:43 AM, spud42 said:

@Pille   is there a way for teragon to append something to the end of the world save name if the name already exists? cant remember how many times i started a new world generation and forgot to change the save name... today i overwrote the world i am playing in !! lol

i managed to copy the original before it was completed then renamed both worlds... still playing that world and so far it seems i got away with it.

I know I brought up having a warning if you start a map generation in an existing world.  Not sure what he'll end up doing regarding it, but I wouldn't personally want it to automatically append unless it can be disabled.  I do a lot of testing using the same world folder so I can have a bunch of heightmaps and stuff there to work with and changing the folder on me would be a pain.  I think a warning is enough.

You can help yourself in the meantime by adding an interrupt at the beginning with a text warning to verify the world name.  That would let you easily stop or continue before spending any time generating the map while reminding you to double check.

Still need something built in for it, but that would work for now.

@spud42 "this time you dont start at 0,0 ( i hope i got it right)  you should start in the forrest on the east side of the map."

um. . . .  no. . .  I actually had ten minutes of swimming practice, Spud! It seemed to be about half-way between the edge of the map and the burnt forest . . .  and deep underwater.   🐟

Your spawnpoints.xml reads

<spawnpoint rotation="0,0,0" position="4764,-1433,0"/>

It needs to be "east-west number",  altitude,   "north-south number", as the example below. 

<spawnpoint position="1961,32,1376" rotation="0,0,0"/>

Edited by paulj_3 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

@spud42 "this time you dont start at 0,0 ( i hope i got it right)  you should start in the forrest on the east side of the map."

um. . . .  no. . .  I actually had ten minutes of swimming practice, Spud! It seemed to be about half-way between the edge of the map and the burnt forest . . .  and deep underwater.   🐟

Your spawnpoints.xml reads

<spawnpoint rotation="0,0,0" position="4764,-1433,0"/>

It needs to be "east-west number",  altitude,   "north-south number", as the example below. 

<spawnpoint position="1961,32,1376" rotation="0,0,0"/>

Yes, this would be the correct format.  The altitude shouldn't matter as you're supposed to always spawn on top of ground.  I think the only time it would matter is if there are multiple levels you can spawn on at the same location, such as in a skyscraper, where the altitude will determine what floor to spawn on.  But out in the open, you'll always spawn on the ground (or in a tree if there happens to be one right there, but changing altitude won't fix that).  :)

spud42, did you manually edit the spawnpoints.xml file or did Teragon make that?  If Teragon made it, we'd need to get that fixed.

EDIT: Actually, I believe it is N/S, altitude, E/W.  I haven't tested to verify, but I am pretty sure that's what it is.

11 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

Nyaaaahh - you are shaking my trust in you Riamus!! 

First number ->   west (-) or east (+), elev,  south (-) or north (+)

Please -tell me I am wrong!

You're right. Proof:

image.thumb.png.3e6d8e300b4ecacf0049316808da7989.png

On 4/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, spud42 said:

Nope but I could add a corresponding feature.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

14 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

12 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You're not wrong.  It's E/W, Height, N/S

From what I remember from a while back you could add -1 as the height. This would spawn you near the ground or near a roof or what ever was at those coordinates. So you didn't spawn high in air and drop and die.

EG: 1856 -1 -2196

23 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

Yep, you are right.  I blame lack if sleep. Lol. 😁

8 hours ago, Gamida said:

From what I remember from a while back you could add -1 as the height. This would spawn you near the ground or near a roof or what ever was at those coordinates. So you didn't spawn high in air and drop and die.

EG: 1856 -1 -2196

My understanding is this is done automatically now.  I'll have to test with a large number and see if I fall in A20.

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

My understanding is this is done automatically now.  I'll have to test with a large number and see if I fall in A20.

It may very well be. Been a long while since I admined on a server so I haven't kept up with any changes except on my home one which was always just me so never had to teleport anyone.

18 hours ago, Gamida said:

It may very well be. Been a long while since I admined on a server so I haven't kept up with any changes except on my home one which was always just me so never had to teleport anyone.

Teleport could perhaps be different than spawning, too.

On 4/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, Riamus said:

Yes, this would be the correct format.  The altitude shouldn't matter as you're supposed to always spawn on top of ground.  I think the only time it would matter is if there are multiple levels you can spawn on at the same location, such as in a skyscraper, where the altitude will determine what floor to spawn on.  But out in the open, you'll always spawn on the ground (or in a tree if there happens to be one right there, but changing altitude won't fix that).  :)

spud42, did you manually edit the spawnpoints.xml file or did Teragon make that?  If Teragon made it, we'd need to get that fixed.

EDIT: Actually, I believe it is N/S, altitude, E/W.  I haven't tested to verify, but I am pretty sure that's what it is.

yes i manually edited the spawn point xml.  well thats a stupid way to do it. what happened to x,y,z ?  this is x,z,y ??? will have to edit the xml again.  i manually wrote Gcode for a laser cutter back in 1982... co-ordinates were always x,y,z..... x=e/w,y=n/s z= height( always!!!) 

B U G G E R ! !  (because the filter wno let me type it) 

Edited by spud42 (see edit history)