I'm holding the forge window open and getting xp for each iron bar

ElCabong

On 12/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, Callum123456789 said:

I believe when learn by doing was in the game that was the easiest way to level up your miscellaneous crafting craft like 3k forged iron and leave the forge window open.

Yes it was.

On 12/30/2022 at 11:09 AM, theFlu said:

I so miss crafting and smelting anvils in three different forges to level up .. Tool Crafting?

I never did that but I certainly leveled up crafting skill by making iron bars.

I was under the impression that getting xp while crafting in the forge was removed a few alphas ago but I also noticed that it was giving xp about a month ago. Might be nice to hear from someone in-the-know about it. I could be mistaken on its removal.

It isn't just the forge.  You can see this in the workbench with some things as well.  If you leave it open, you get experience.  If you close it, you do not.  Probably also with the other workstations.  I suppose it makes sense to avoid getting experience by just starting a bunch of projects in multiple workstations and leaving.  Still, getting experience for doing something if you do it a certain way, but not getting it when doing it a different way isn't a good situation. Better to just remove the experience altogether.

Another thing that gives a lot of experience for no effort is creating stacks of things like stone or iron.  You already got experience mining it.  I don't think it makes sense to get experience by turning it into stacks.  I haven't tried it, but I assume it would work to create a stack, unstack it, create a new stack, unstack it, etc.  That seems like a significant exploit if it works that way.  And I'm sure it must because I can't see the game tracking which pieces of ore were used the last times you created stacks.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:58 AM, rateds2k said:

It works everytime, However the amount of XP you get gets less everytime.

This.  It gets to irrelevancy pretty fast.  It does give a crap ton of XP though, particularly if you slam a lernin elixir first.  I doubt this is intended considering the massive amount it will give you basically for free.  

Crafting XP everywhere else is miniscule and generally pointless.  I am not going to carry around all the concrete I am turning into blocks for an hour or sit at a forge to get the equivalent of killing 2 or 3 zeds.  You are better off getting that xp any other way.  Not so with the stacks and that is not something that this developer seems to like.