Tier 5 POIs in A20

bobrpggamer

I have yet to come across my favorite tier 5 POIs, so I was wondering if they even exist in A20.

Here's a list of them I remember:

1) Shamway

2) Shotgun Messiah

3) Pop in Pills

4) Crack a Book

5) Dishong Tower

6) The Underground Army Base - not to sure this was Tier 5, but was one of my favorites.

Can anybody tell me which ones are gone in A20. I do believe I read that Crack a Book is gone from A20.

16 minutes ago, theFlu said:

There's two for pop'n'pills, no? Hospital and headquarter / R&D?

Correct. I think the R&D is a T4 though, given how much smaller it is that the other T5s.

The underground military base is Red Mesa, and there is Higashi Pharmaceuticals, which is also a much larger medical-themed T5.

17 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

I think the R&D is a T4 though, given how much smaller it is that the other T5s.

It's small, but it's quite dense, much like the Crack-a-book.

factory_03.jpg.f2eb9f8d1ca7a163421200487e61f292.jpg

steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs/POIs/factory_03.xml(8) :

<property name="DifficultyTier" value="5" />

Looks like a 5 to me .. :)

Good call on Higashi, I couldn't remember the name for the life of me.. I blame the 'rona that showed up for a family gathering.

If you want more tier 5 pois go to the rwgmixer.xml file and increase the spawn density for the downtown area and industrial district that's currently where the tier 5s only spawn I'm very sure however it comes at a cost of them being more common so other districts won't be as big or you could go to that file and put 0 in everything and make it so only cities spawn then increase the value of how many cities are spawned. That is one of the major flaws of the new districts system for tier 5s id say if you don't do this you'd be lucky to get 4 in an unedited normal rwg gunned 8k world.

Edited by Callum123456789 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

If you want more tier 5 pois go to the rwgmixer.xml file and increase the spawn density for the downtown area and industrial district that's currently where the tier 5s only spawn I'm very sure however it comes at a cost of them being more common so other districts won't be as big or you could go to that file and put 0 in everything and make it so only cities spawn then increase the value of how many cities are spawned. That is one of the major flaws of the new districts system for tier 5s id say if you don't do this you'd be lucky to get 4 in an unedited normal rwg gunned 8k world.

Every time I play a random map I only get the Dishong Tower, the Higashi Tower, Crack a Book HQ, and the Pop N Pills Factory.  Sometimes I get the Pop N Pills Hospital.   I never get the Shamway Factory or the Shotgun Messiah Factory.  Do you all experience the same thing?  I hate doing the Towers because they take so long and my frame rates suffer so much it's like playing a slide show.

Edited by zombiehunter (see edit history)

Nice to see the update to the hospital.  I wouldn't mind seeing the current one still available without having to manually add it, just to have more tier 5 variety.  If this were just an update with the new blocks and such, that would be fine, but since this appears to be entirely new, keeping to old one seems worthwhile to me.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:01 PM, zombiehunter said:

Every time I play a random map I only get the Dishong Tower, the Higashi Tower, Crack a Book HQ, and the Pop N Pills Factory.  Sometimes I get the Pop N Pills Hospital.   I never get the Shamway Factory or the Shotgun Messiah Factory.  Do you all experience the same thing?  I hate doing the Towers because they take so long and my frame rates suffer so much it's like playing a slide show.

I get all of them if I make enough maps.  The skyscrapers seem to definitely be the most common.  I don't know if there is an increased chance for them or if that's just RNG.  But I have definitely had all of them in my RWG maps.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Riamus said:

Nice to see the update to the hospital.  I wouldn't mind seeing the current one still available without having to manually add it, just to have more tier 5 variety.  If this were just an update with the new blocks and such, that would be fine, but since this appears to be entirely new, keeping to old one seems worthwhile to me.

I get all of them if I make enough maps.  The skyscrapers seem to definitely be the most common.  I don't know if there is an increased chance for them or if that's just RNG.  But I have definitely had all of them in my RWG maps.

It may look like a new one based on the front facade but it's still the same experience mostly as the old one but with lots of upgrades and additions.

The old one is gone and will need to be modded in if players want to play it still.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:53 PM, Riamus said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the current one still available without having to manually add it, just to have more tier 5 variety.

I try to keep an eye on some "classic" POIs (specially T5's) and bring them forward if TFP doesn't, or if a new version "feels" like a significant change. It's too early to say if I'll feel that way about the hospital as I've only seen pictures.

I did do this with the Crack-A-Book building, though I reasoned that another company bought it so I changed the name. While the new Crack-A-Book is really well done I felt it played differently and still wanted the old one.

On 12/31/2022 at 11:27 AM, Laz Man said:

It may look like a new one based on the front facade but it's still the same experience mostly as the old one but with lots of upgrades and additions.

This suggests to me that I probably won't do anything with the A20 hospital. I did look at the A20 hospital and it has a really awkward size and arrangement for the A20 Tiles, so I'm not surprised it needed a lot of work. I'll bet you've got some new, cool objects to place in it too. I'm looking forward to seeing it.