3 mornings in a row with visitors

Rotor

Since I crossed the D100 threshold, there have been 3 mornings in a row where as I come out of my habitat structure, there is a pack of wolves or dogs or a stationary horde waiting for me.  Now the XP and meat/hide/bone stacks are plentiful, but geez Louise, I have a mining schedule and this critters are disrupting that :).

OTOH the deer, chicken, rabbit and bear population have been saved from extinction.  I dont even stop any more to whack 'em.

That's why I have a roof access. And a roof. It seems like there is always a scout or two still hanging around in the morning. Usually of the wolf variety. It's just game mechanics. If you make just enough noise at night the game spawns a scout. If the scout spots you then you get a horde of some sort. Or a bear since those don't come in packs.

OiC said the blind man.  No wonder, I have a 2 story where my first story is a killing floor, all rail floor.  So I only see a single and figure, ah I will climb down and be on my way, then BAM!  right around corner from Horde night compound....there they are!

2 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I beg to differ:

<spoiler>

2 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:
Spoiler

3VfmQki.jpg

Zombie bears at least, can spawn in a "pack".

This is unmodded by the way 😆

</spoiler>

Now there is an "oh Fecal Matter" moment.

10 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I beg to differ:

Hide contents

3VfmQki.jpg

Zombie bears at least, can spawn in a "pack".

This is unmodded by the way 😆

That's the procession for the Bear Dance. Join it or get out of the way. 😄

I'm pretty sure it's actually a special spawn that's coded into the early days. I've only seen that one once. There are a few others like the feral wolf, a bear, and the dog pack. I refer to them as the FU noob spawns.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

I have seen that spawn group a lot in my playthroughs.  Typically it is 3 zombie bears with a pack of zombie dogs.  Normally, I don't stick around long when I see them coming.

3 bears and dogs...wow i'd say i couldnt "bear" it cuz its too "ruff" for me. :)

2 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

That's the procession for the Bear Dance. Join it or get out of the way. 😄

I'm pretty sure it's actually a special spawn that's coded into the early days. I've only seen that one once. There are a few others like the feral wolf, a bear, and the dog pack. I refer to them as the FU noob spawns.

they are the welcoming committee for 7dtd

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

It seems like there is always a scout or two still hanging around in the morning. Usually of the wolf variety. It's just game mechanics. If you make just enough noise at night the game spawns a scout. If the scout spots you then you get a horde of some sort.

This sounds ... on and off. Unless it has been changed while I wasn't playing. The only type of scout to call in other zeds is the screamer, and she only calls waves of mostly humanoid zeds (might have doggies etc, but mostly humanoids). Wolves are either a biome spawn or a wandering horde, both of which will spawn regardless of your activity, merely based on your presence. They may get attracted to your location by your sounds, which they'll waddle over to investigate, but they spawn on a timer.

It’s one of the spawn groups for wandering hordes. The schedule of the order of spawns is in the gamestages.xml. I’ve tweaked mine so that wandering hordes have 30 zombies so when the bear horde spawns, we get about 15 bears and 15 dogs. Loads of fun but sure takes time to clear.

2 hours ago, theFlu said:

This sounds ... on and off. Unless it has been changed while I wasn't playing. The only type of scout to call in other zeds is the screamer, and she only calls waves of mostly humanoid zeds (might have doggies etc, but mostly humanoids). Wolves are either a biome spawn or a wandering horde, both of which will spawn regardless of your activity, merely based on your presence. They may get attracted to your location by your sounds, which they'll waddle over to investigate, but they spawn on a timer.

It looks like the mechanics got changed. I went to check the wiki on the heatmap entry where I first learned of it and it used to be a spider zombie. Now it's all screamers. Which explains why I see screamers in SP now too.