Guppy's Fire Mod

Guppycur

5 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

It would be very interesting to modify the storm lightning so it has a chance to set stuff on fire (a la Icarus).

I'm definitely loving that idea.  The way I worked it out in my head based on your comment is an invisible entity that spawns, has an animation that shows a lightning bolt, and buffs the area with fire, then dies.

So what's flammable is defined by their materials, and right now I have wood, cloth, corn, grass, plastic, leaves, cactus, mushroom, hay, paper, trash, backpack, organic set to burn.

You can also define individual specific blocks to burn as well.

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

So what's flammable is defined by their materials, and right now I have wood, cloth, corn, grass, plastic, leaves, cactus, mushroom, hay, paper, trash, backpack, organic set to burn.

You can also define individual specific blocks to burn as well.

Am I getting mercy or did you not put me on the list of flammables. I can see myself getting hit by lightning in game and bursting into flames. All the more reason for me to stay indoors when I hear thunder.

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Naw homie, I got something special for you.

image.thumb.png.e891fa922f3c80b6a6149f34485daf38.png

...little fire tornado to brighten your day.

aw, you shouldn't have...

No really you shouldn't have. I have enough things killing me in game now.

😛

19 minutes ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

Will you be adding the Fire truck?

That'll be a separate modlet, since it requires additional dependancies... I've been bugging @Ouch Quit It who was a fireman for details on how it should work and I've some ideas I want to implement.  So when that's done the truck will be an add on.

3 hours ago, Guppycur said:

That'll be a separate modlet, since it requires additional dependancies... I've been bugging @Ouch Quit It who was a fireman for details on how it should work and I've some ideas I want to implement.  So when that's done the truck will be an add on.

What Type of details do you need. I am also a firefighter and would be willing to help. definitely needs flashing light and what is called a airhorn.  Since it is a ladder truck would be cool if you can raise and lower the ladder to spray water from the top of the ladder

Edited by Rave_gaming_jj (see edit history)

...that's actually doable.  We have ONE "switch" we can turn on to make an animation change, and that's the lights.  So it would be lights AND ladder rise, or lights OR ladder rise.  I'm for the and.

Basically I need to find a good engine model rather than using the ladder model I am using, then I need to make sure it has a stang, then it'd be as simple as setting up the weapons based on seat number, so I'd need to find a way to allow a single player to sit in seat 2, aka manning the stang.  That's the only bit I'll need to outsource for, because it'll require code.

Unless we can choose what seat we want in vanilla and I don't know about it.

Oh, so KEEP the ladder truck and put the hose element on the end of it.  Yeh that actually might making aiming a whole lot easier...  Hm, I'll see what I can do with that.

Guppy,

First and foremost I would love to say a big THANK YOU for this mod. Definitely something that has been missing in game for awhile and that I also wanted to see. Might I ask those what file we need to edit if we want to add for our own solo play to make other items able to be burnt. The one I tried did not work or I did something wrong. It is more thank likely I did something wrong but want to be clear. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Galaktus (see edit history)

Not sure I understand the question.  Single player should work fine with the two mods installed. 

If you mean to burn other blocks, just add a tag called "flammable", or include its material in the list located in score blocks xml. 

Sorry that I wasn't clear but yes I did mean to make other blocks flammable. I initially tried by editing the blocks xml in your mod where you had the list of grass, hay etc and that is what didn't work. I figured I was either naming the material wrong or putting it in the wrong place. So you are saying in SCore config blocks xml. I will look and see if I can figure that out. Thank you.

Yeh yeh, sCore has the "Fire Manager" bit, that's where all that is handled.

You can do it by material, material surface or that 3rd thing I can't remember, and the search is a "contains", so for instance, 'wood' would work even if the material name is MwoodWeak or whatever, because it "contains" 'wood'.