Guppy's Fire Mod

Guppycur

Loot xml, right now I'm using a very_low probability template but I'm sure that can be adjusted.  Maybe remove it from a few loot groups as well, or lower the % chance in those groups.

I suppose we could add empty extinguishers. 😃

Some overhauls are beginning to add fire to their mods though, so that may change your mind about "too many".

In other news:

I've begun working on a new campfire system, it's not ready for prime time yet so don't bother.

I've redone how buckets work and it's a lot cleaner.  Left click to toss the water, Right click to refill a bucket.

I've also added smaller extinguishing events for murky jars and boiled jars, these are for testing.

Hy, please let me ask someting. I n my opinion the idear of the mod is great. I have some fear to install it and first I wand to ask. In the video I see the fire moves out of controll and we must fast clean with water. Please let us see following case. A player that is angry about the community comes and makes a fire on our base at a time where no one is there. What happens in this case? will the hole base be destroyed? Can the fire move from one building to a other and so the hole city destroyed? After the fire is there a simple way to repair all? I am not sure if you discuss this in the past or if there a methode in the mod to cancel a worst case scenario. Can you please explain me this? Best regards

12 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Loot xml, right now I'm using a very_low probability template but I'm sure that can be adjusted.  Maybe remove it from a few loot groups as well, or lower the % chance in those groups.

I suppose we could add empty extinguishers. 😃

Some overhauls are beginning to add fire to their mods though, so that may change your mind about "too many".

In other news:

I've begun working on a new campfire system, it's not ready for prime time yet so don't bother.

I've redone how buckets work and it's a lot cleaner.  Left click to toss the water, Right click to refill a bucket.

I've also added smaller extinguishing events for murky jars and boiled jars, these are for testing.

Thanks man - understood.

I guess you're right - It was mentioned by the guys I play with on our private server, but I guess the complaints about finding too many may very well disappear once folks find themselves... well... On fire... 😉

On 8/18/2022 at 3:09 AM, Ru Melin said:

Hy, please let me ask someting. I n my opinion the idear of the mod is great. I have some fear to install it and first I wand to ask. In the video I see the fire moves out of controll and we must fast clean with water. Please let us see following case. A player that is angry about the community comes and makes a fire on our base at a time where no one is there. What happens in this case? will the hole base be destroyed? Can the fire move from one building to a other and so the hole city destroyed? After the fire is there a simple way to repair all? I am not sure if you discuss this in the past or if there a methode in the mod to cancel a worst case scenario. Can you please explain me this? Best regards

Land Claim protection should block fire damage.  Can't do much about a nasty player, it is what it is, unfortunately.  Blocks burn the block directly NEXT to them, so no it shouldn't burn a nearby house or city.

7 hours ago, Lasher said:

Yet another question (Sorry Gup) - Will anything flammable cause the fire to start proccing? EG attacks with fire modded weapons or incindiery rounds from other mods?

So I believe it's hard set to projectile explosions (like cops and demos, rockets, etc) but Sphereii just added a property that allows us to DISALLOW things, which means I will be updating after I go through the list of stuff that doesn't make sense.

Otherwise, there is a trigger that needs to be added to an item to make it cause fire.

This will require some testing, to make sure things like normal arrows don't cause fires but fire arrows do...

Gup, I'm not sure if its this mod or not, but both drinkJarRiverWater and drinkJarBoiledWater no longer stack for me. I thought it might be caused by this mod due to the appends you did to both; however, even when I add Stacknumber property values to both neither stack. Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.f5000d8c22d15ac04058fef8407fe870.png

5 hours ago, vonerich said:

Gup, I'm not sure if its this mod or not, but both drinkJarRiverWater and drinkJarBoiledWater no longer stack for me. I thought it might be caused by this mod due to the appends you did to both; however, even when I add Stacknumber property values to both neither stack. Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.f5000d8c22d15ac04058fef8407fe870.png

This is confirmed for myself also. Without mod they stack, With mod they do not.

It makes sense, because it's an item with quality now; @magejosh any suggestions?

I mean we could make the regular water bottle have a recipe to a can-throw-water bottle.

But there's probably a much simpler method.   I'll play around with it later today.

it's likely a result of me originally using it as a weapon, so giving it quality, and using eat instead and forgetting to remove the quality stuff.

6 hours ago, Guppycur said:

It makes sense, because it's an item with quality now; @magejosh any suggestions?

I mean we could make the regular water bottle have a recipe to a can-throw-water bottle.

But there's probably a much simpler method.   I'll play around with it later today.

it's likely a result of me originally using it as a weapon, so giving it quality, and using eat instead and forgetting to remove the quality stuff.

Sorry, didn't see this tag, and my comment in the discord was unrelated to this ping. 
If you open the items xml and replace the last two appends, which go to the boiled and murky water jars, with these it fixes stacking. Effect Groups on consumables have to have tiered="false" or it breaks stacking.

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='drinkJarRiverWater']">
		<property class="Action1">
			<property name="Class" value="Eat"/>
			<property name="Delay" value="0"/>
			<property name="Sound_start" value="player_drinking"/>
			<property name="Create_item" value="drinkJarEmpty"/>
		</property>		
		<effect_group tiered="false">
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffWaterSplash" tags="secondary">
				<requirement name="!HoldingItemBroken"/>
			</triggered_effect>				
		</effect_group>		
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='drinkJarBoiledWater']">
		</property>		
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionEnd" action="AddBuff" buff="buffWaterSplash" tags="secondary">
			</triggered_effect>				
		</effect_group>		
	</append>	

2 hours ago, magejosh said:

Sorry, didn't see this tag, and my comment in the discord was unrelated to this ping. 
If you open the items xml and replace the last two appends, which go to the boiled and murky water jars, with these it fixes stacking. Effect Groups on consumables have to have tiered="false" or it breaks stacking.

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='drinkJarRiverWater']">
		</property>		
			</triggered_effect>				
		</effect_group>		
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='drinkJarBoiledWater']">
		</property>		
			</triggered_effect>				
		</effect_group>		
	</append>	

Thank you. Added the tag and worked great.

7 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Added two more wands (fire and lightning) to the frost wand.  Fixed tiered water bottles (untested, because yolo), removed vomit induced fire and probably did some other stuff too.

Hi. The Gitlab page seems to have been updated 1 week ago.

Hi Gup - another little bug - well, more of a "feature gone rogue"... I set a vulture on fire with a flaming bat, it started burning and then as it flew away it died and turned into a burnt zombie on the way down. It was funny as hell but I guess not exactly intended bahviour....

9 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Doh lol.  Thanks I'll fix. :)

...wait.  Was it cool?  Trying to think if I can leverage that...

Maybe I can have them turn into wingless vultures that run like dogs.  Hm. :)

It was bloody hilarious actually - it flew up and away and then suddenly turned into a crispy corpse hurtling towards the ground.

Gave me a good laugh anyway...