Guppy's Fire Mod

Guppycur

Defunct.  Look here instead.

ijLqz7m.png

Powered by sCore, this mod adds elements to the base fire mod that Sphereii created.

Features:

• Flamethrower
  • Napalm Ammo
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • Better smoldering smoke particle
  • Oil Slick flammable traps
  • Lightning Strikes (primarily in the burnt forest, however occasionally elsewhere)
  • FireNado's (in burnt forest)

Potential Add-on's

• Fire truck (would require additional mod dependencies)
  • Flamethrower bandit

This mod requires both Server and Client install and EAC to be *Off*.  Don't come crying to me when you can't follow these simple instructions.

Instructions for use:

• Get and maintain the latest version of sCore
  • Get and maintain the last version of My Addon Mod
  • Unzip into the appropriate mod folder for the version of the game you are playing on
  • Start the game with EAC Off
  • Go burn stuff down 😃

Although I have included recipes and loot, it would be a really good idea to go through those and tailor those to your needs.

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

11 fps on that particular fire particle with an RTX 2080.  It'll be shipped, but it won't be the default one.  The default one will be the same fire particle but won't have the light source attached.  Soooooo pretty though, am I right?

2 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

11 fps on that particular fire particle with an RTX 2080.  It'll be shipped, but it won't be the default one.  The default one will be the same fire particle but won't have the light source attached.  Soooooo pretty though, am I right?

Very.

Am expecting to see some of the characters from the CSI series taking pics of anyone standing around...you know for evidence.

Curiosities brings the questions:

Does it burn/damage “all blocks” or just wood based ones? Glass/cloth/plastic would be cool too…

Assuming it does block damage, will you be able to tune how much damage the fire does (like crank it down for a long fire, crank it up for fast fire)

also: tune for possibly less spreading chance? which would be less of an FPS hit I imagine?

Ruh Roh.  Things are starting to get serious.

image.thumb.png.197de9a793c7a4db3e2c09c45ed33f1a.png

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

With those two helping out it's sure to be good ! 

Sheeit, helping... Sphereii is doing all the heavy lifting, I'm just making things pretty.   Maurice is helping optimize my pretty stuff.  But yeh things seem to be going okay. 

I can't tell from the video, does this actually do damage over time to the blocks or just put a fire effect/buff on the block?

Assuming it does damage, is it possible to modify the DOT amount? Is that a global amount, or per block?

How hard would it be to modify Molotov cocktails to spread fire?

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

this is awesome. catching blocks on fire has been an effect i felt was missing for a long time. it would make some interesting horde nights with zombies that attack with fire. great to see SCore really opening up lots of new functionality to the game.  i don't seem to hear flame/crackling sounds from the fire. that still pending i suppose? the sound from the burnt zombies will do. maybe someone who likes making new blocks can create more generic burnt wood blocks that would result from the flames. throwing in heat temperature would really complete the effect. great work.

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

Step 459 is getting the particles synched on multiplayer in a way that doesn't cause... Let's just say issues. :)

Refinement will likely be done.

Think of sCore as a foundation that other modders build upon.

That's all I'm really doing.  Sphereii gives the fire function and I build particles to fire extinguishers to fire trucks. 

Sphereii sorted the particles on multiplayer; once he does the same for fire extinguishing I'll put my add-on out. 

Still a weird bug where the fire particle is visible on a new save if you don't exit the game, I'm confident he will get that fixed.

MY addon mod features:

Flame thrower

Napalm ammo

Fire extinguisher

Better smoldering smoke

Oil slick - flammable

Probably the fire truck