Game made me feel like an ivory hunter. I'm bummed out over it

ElCabong

Just got the bike and the next traider quest took me to the winter biome. By extreme luck I looted a yellow pipe machine gun, magazine extender mod, and a muzzle brake. That's a great find on your first mission. And then the reward was 50 or was it a hundred? Ammo for it. I noticed a puma. I hate them things. I needed meat. Puma meat!

I stealthed out, got within 30 yards of it, and let him have it full auto. Hit him a few times he started running toward me and I had an oh s*** he's going to get to me minute. Then he died. And then I felt like an ivory hunter. Didn't stop me from doing the same thing to a direwolf just outside the trader's store. I have all the meat I need now.

But I'm still bummed out just a little.

Edited by ElCabong (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

But I'm still bummed out just a little.

If you want some excitement, I can pull out some of the code from my mod.

Pipe machine gun is slower fire and uses 9 mm ammo.  Can't find it in loot, have to craft it.  Can't craft above Q2.  Can't repair it.  Can't add mods to it.

That should make taking out pumas (mountain lions) a bit more exciting on your end  😁

Reminds me of my daughter crying because i allowed my pet to eat sheep on balcknwhite 2 and then bursting into tears hours later when i rode of a cliff in Skyrim and my HORSE died! Not a word about my poor crumpled corpse lying beside it! Bloody kids!

I wish games would stop using wolves and bears as trash mobs. It's such a generic lazy uncreative enemy. The way they behave in most games is so completely unlike how they behave IRL. Sure, let the player hunt them if the mechanics demand it but at least make them semi-realistic by making them elusive and hard to find. In the majority of games they're just zombies that mindlessly attack on sight with no self-preservation.

Edited by geengaween (see edit history)