Backpack still dissappearing!

Diragor

I'm so @%$#ed...died from a zombie cause shooting the head did nothing to it after multiple shots so I got into godmode and flew over to my backpack and see there, it's not there. I searched everywhere around where I died. This is the second time my backpack isn't there after dying. THIS is crap I can't constantly try to remember my Inventory, armor and belt whenever I die.... Please Fix this gamebreaking Bug in 20.6. I Play Vanilla 20.5 without mods or changes to the code. I know this Bug since forever and it's still there and thats not good.

I take a break from the game and need to relax. Sorry Guys for being so mad.

43 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Honestly I've never seen or heard of anyone on the team this happen in ages, a log file may be of help.

Precisely... and as we all say to each other when reporting a suspected issue... VIDEO and LOG or it didnt happen. :)

6 hours ago, Diragor said:

I'm so @%$#ed...died from a zombie cause shooting the head did nothing to it after multiple shots so I got into godmode and flew over to my backpack and see there, it's not there. I searched everywhere around where I died. This is the second time my backpack isn't there after dying. THIS is crap I can't constantly try to remember my Inventory, armor and belt whenever I die.... Please Fix this gamebreaking Bug in 20.6. I Play Vanilla 20.5 without mods or changes to the code. I know this Bug since forever and it's still there and thats not good.

Check your settings. Are they set on Delete all on death?

14 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Honestly I've never seen or heard of anyone on the team this happen in ages, a log file may be of help.

Unfortunately i can confirm, that backpacks do dissapear on very rare occasions, very rare being the reason why i never bothered to look deeper into it.

Although it is of course not enough information, i can currently say:

• stable branch
  • (very) rarely happens on our dedi server (Don't know about SP)
  • If it happens, the yellow icon is in the compass for the player who died
  • Player instantly runs to the place he died, without logging out, but backpack is not were the yellow icon led him
  • I could never find a backpack underground in Godmode, so it is like the backpack fell completely out of the world

I will try to collect data if it happens again, to write a full bugreport.

11 hours ago, Thunderbolt-GER said:

(very) rarely happens on our dedi server (Don't know about SP)

The dedi will log backpack position data, and if it falls off the world, I think it logs that as well.

Check your server log for a line resembling this: (the time and position will be different)

2022-06-10T20:42:23 12191.934 INF 1. Spawn pos: sleeping bag SpawnPoint (707.5, 45.0, -1294.5)/0.0

Edited by Beelzybub
Added example. (see edit history)

On 6/10/2022 at 12:37 PM, Diragor said:

Can you post the log file from that game? Logs are labeled with date & time so you should be able to find it. Copy your entire log from that game, and paste it at pastebin.com the post the link generated here. Hopefully, an answer will be there for the developers to fix.

Edited by Star69
Forgot a word lol (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

The dedi will log backpack position data, and if it falls off the world, I think it logs that as well.

Check your server log for a line resembling this: (the time and position will be different)

2022-06-10T20:42:23 12191.934 INF 1. Spawn pos: sleeping bag SpawnPoint (707.5, 45.0, -1294.5)/0.0

While it is true that backpacks get logged, i don't think that sleeping bags have anything to do with it ?!

I'd assume this entry from the log would be more helpful in this case, at it shows y/y/z coords:

2022-06-12T04:12:40 440.732 INF 9273 EntityBackpack id 875162, plyrId 875065, (3445.7, 43.2, -3425.2) (215, -215), chunk True (215, 2, -215), items 43 resourceYuccaFibers, resourceWood at (0, 0, 0, xz 0 0) : OnEntityUnload markedForUnload False, IsDead True, IsDespawned False

So if a backpack can't be found ingame, the middle coords should be a weid number.