The best a man can get!

POCKET951

On 6/9/2022 at 8:59 PM, POCKET951 said:

also, what would this axe AXETUALLY look like in real life? I an having a hard time imagining.

This is the best explanation I can come up with.  Just don't question the logic or practicality behind it lol.

All blades are diamond tipped and then serrated.

fpchchV.png

I thought maybe you could put both blades at the bottom of the handle to level out the weight but I personally like my man parts to still be intact while chopping wood. How ironic would that be, huh? 😄.

6 minutes ago, Sal said:

This is the best explanation I can come up with.  Just don't question the logic or practicality behind it lol.

All blades are diamond tipped and then serrated.

fpchchV.png

I thought maybe you could put both blades at the bottom of the handle to level out the weight but I personally like my man parts to still be intact while chopping wood. How ironic would that be, huh? 😄.

Thats not to bad of a guess at it honestly. 10/10 concept
pardon my paint skills, I thought it look more like this, where the blades are ontop side by side and you can use it as a  stabbing weapon, or use the weight of the top to help the serrated blade saw off tree branches

image.png.af1687853e101b0b217362cf3478c11f.png

15 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

Thats not to bad of a guess at it honestly. 10/10 concept
pardon my paint skills, I thought it look more like this, where the blades are ontop side by side and you can use it as a  stabbing weapon, or use the weight of the top to help the serrated blade saw off tree branches

image.png.af1687853e101b0b217362cf3478c11f.png

You don't think the tempered mod is only meant to be an upgrade to the blades themselves and not an additional blade itself?  Judging by the description --Increases block damage by 10% and lowers degradation by 15%--That's how I see it anyways.  This tells me that it's something we do to the blades themselves that make them stronger and last longer. 

I could be wrong though.  Questioning this games logic at any point will only make your head hurt. Hell...questioning any game with zombies will do that lol.

43 minutes ago, Sal said:

You don't think the tempered mod is only meant to be an upgrade to the blades themselves and not an additional blade itself?  Judging by the description --Increases block damage by 10% and lowers degradation by 15%--That's how I see it anyways.  This tells me that it's something we do to the blades themselves that make them stronger and last longer. 

I could be wrong though.  Questioning this games logic at any point will only make your head hurt. Hell...questioning any game with zombies will do that lol.

its video game logic, I follow the logic that because there are 4 blades attached to the weapon, it will have 4 more blades on it, not that the 2 axe 'blades' are serrated and tempered though I see where you are coming from

The tempered and serrated blades, at least, always seemed clear to me. If the mods were themselves separate blades you were just sticking on, then you could probably stick them on anything. The fact that these mods only work on bladed weapons suggests to me that you’re modifying the blade that’s already part of the weapon.

I assume the two axe head type mods only work on axes, but I haven’t specifically verified this. I take the icon art to be representational. Meaning, that if you have a wood cutter mod on a stone axe, it’s still a stone axe, but the shape of the stone blade is modified appropriately(whatever that looks like) to be better at chopping wood.

1 hour ago, Crater Creator said:

The tempered and serrated blades, at least, always seemed clear to me. If the mods were themselves separate blades you were just sticking on, then you could probably stick them on anything. The fact that these mods only work on bladed weapons suggests to me that you’re modifying the blade that’s already part of the weapon.

I assume the two axe head type mods only work on axes, but I haven’t specifically verified this. I take the icon art to be representational. Meaning, that if you have a wood cutter mod on a stone axe, it’s still a stone axe, but the shape of the stone blade is modified appropriately(whatever that looks like) to be better at chopping wood.

The reason is even simpler - 7DTD is just another world in SCP universe. This explain this anomaly so  good

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)