Remove zombie stun !

ZombiDweller

Please remove this idiotic feature from game. Forced reloading while zombie beats the ♥♥♥♥ out of you, and you cannot do anything and die because stunned, cannot move. "%!"#%"!¤#!¤ :censored:

Combination of this stun + forced reload animations are game killers. Any amount of health is not going to save you from this.

Stun can be harsh but I have no problem with it. Personally I would like to see all automatic reloading removed. You want to fire a bullet or a bolt, do you own bloody reloading. Away with this nansy pansy auto reloading bullcra*!

FYI : I'm not for or against any adjustments to stun.

This should be an easy fix.

Steam > SteamApps > common > 7 Days to Die > Data > Config > items.xml

Find the following entries:

<item id="397" name="handBurningZombie">

<item id="71" name="handZombie">

<item id="72" name="handCopZombie">

Inside each of those you'll see something like this:

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,infection,stunned" />
           <property name="Buff_chance" value="0.1,0.4,0.5" />

Remove the stunned buff and the buff chance number corresponding to it. Example:

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,infection" />
           <property name="Buff_chance" value="0.1,0.4" />

Do that for all three of the zombies and you're done. It's easy.

Another way that's probably even easier is to open the buffs.xml and find "stunned":

<buff id="stunned" duration="4" name="Stunned" type="speedmodifier" actions="increment(@wellness, -0.5, 0, 0, 1)" description="You are stunned." icon="buff_icon_stunned">
	<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" setValue="0.1"/>
</buff>	

Just change the speedmodifer from 0.1 to 1.0. Now you can still be stunned but it wont actually change your movement speed.

<buff id="stunned" duration="4" name="Stunned" type="speedmodifier" actions="increment(@wellness, -0.5, 0, 0, 1)" description="You are stunned." icon="buff_icon_stunned">
	<modify id="0" stat="speedmodifier" setValue="1.0"/>
</buff>

Ta-da. Five minutes of your time is all it takes and you'll be able to enjoy the game again. Have fun.

I have no problems with stunning - it is price you pay for getting close. However, I would like to see head armor be able to help prevent stuns.

Of course, I am not convinced that armor works in the first place...

Starting the game you can usually survive 2-3 hits from a zombie. But later game even with all iron armor and 200 wellness it seems like you are nearly dead after 5-6 hits...

If you don't want to get stunned don't get hit!

That's kind hard when silent zombie spawn system insert zombies behind you. On such distances that they reach you just in seconds, while you focus the combat in front of you. You cant be spinning 360 like carousel all time to avoid all zombies.

- - - Updated - - -

Stun can be harsh but I have no problem with it. Personally I would like to see all automatic reloading removed. You want to fire a bullet or a bolt, do you own bloody reloading. Away with this nansy pansy auto reloading bullcra*!

FYI : I'm not for or against any adjustments to stun.

Without this, my last 2 deaths wouldn't happen. But I enjoy beaten to death by zombies while looking weapon reload animation.

The only work around I can think of for the reloading is to add +1 clipsize to all weapons and make a conscious effort to manually reload when you're on the last bullet/bolt/arrow. For singleshot weapons like the crossbow you can help balance it out to stop yourself from getting an unfair advantage by setting the delay to be the same as the reload speed. That way even if you do fire your "extra" round, you won't actually be able to shoot any faster than if you had reloaded it first. For example with the crossbow:

<property class="Action0">
           <!-- AttackAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="Launcher" />
           <property name="Delay" value="2" />
           <property name="Range" value="200" />
           <property name="Magazine_size" value="2" />
           <property name="Magazine_item" value="crossbowBolt" />
           <property name="Reload_time" value="2" />

That's kind hard when silent zombie spawn system insert zombies behind you. On such distances that they reach you just in seconds, while you focus the combat in front of you. You cant be spinning 360 like carousel all time to avoid all zombies.

- - - Updated - - -

Without this, my last 2 deaths wouldn't happen. But I enjoy beaten to death by zombies while looking weapon reload animation.

Zombies spawning right behind you? Watch weapon reload animation wile getting stunned? Something's wrong with your gameplay.

If you use ranged weapons (the only one that need to be reloaded) keep your distance and keep an eye on your ammo. If you just stand/sit there shooting around, don't be surprised when Zs sneak up on you.

PepperRidge Farm (before they were all infected) remembers when Melee stunned zombies so they can't hit back if hit in the head... The frig happened to that? The whole point to melee is to melee, not play tag with zombies... I don't care if I'm playing on 5 difficulty, a headshot with a melee weapon should cause stuns...

This ^^

Stun is important for gameplay balance, zombies are already easy to kill.

Players should not be punished with death, for mistake if zombie manage hit player. After all world is filled with zombies in this game, it just matter of time when you get hit. All hits don't cause stun, but enough times they do.

Possible in future Alpha version in game dev. In future changing seasons with zombies start to run different time, every player should die because they let the zombie hit them?

Default you have a 0.5 chance (pretty much a 50/50 chance) of being stunned per hit. You can always go into the items .xml and lower that chance down. <item id="71" name="handZombie"> <item id="72" name="handCopZombie"> <itemid="73"name="handZombie02"> <item id="397" name="handBurningZombie">

<property name="Buff" value="bleeding,stunned,infection" />

<property name="Buff_chance" value="0.2,0.5,0.2" /> example change the 0.5 to a 0.33 or 0.25 or what ever you want.

just adept it makes it more interesting lol, i like it cause it forces you to actually be worried about whats around you and not just tunnel vision all the time lol, maybe add in dizziness from all the spinning around to make it even harder >:)

I like the stuns but some counterplay options would be nice.

-hit zombies with melee weapons to reduce stun timer

-certain armors reduce stun chance/duration

-ability to block while in melee

just my preferences :)

Players should not be punished with death, for mistake if zombie manage hit player. After all world is filled with zombies in this game, it just matter of time when you get hit. All hits don't cause stun, but enough times they do.

Possible in future Alpha version in game dev. In future changing seasons with zombies start to run different time, every player should die because they let the zombie hit them?

As you said, not all hits cause stun. In a zombie apocalypse one mistake could mean death, if zombies are actually able to kill you then players take them more seriously, which is what the zombies in this game need.

You put it as if stun meant instant death and that is NOT true. If you don't panic it's not that easy to die, You don't need to be super pro to survive when a zombie stuns you which is a chance of like 50% for each hit, so unless you're unlucky or you just throw yourself to zombies on purpose I don't see how it's that bad.

Still, to answer the question: Yes, if players let zombies hit them they should die.

As you said, not all hits cause stun. In a zombie apocalypse one mistake could mean death, if zombies are actually able to kill you then players take them more seriously, which is what the zombies in this game need.

You put it as if stun meant instant death and that is NOT true. If you don't panic it's not that easy to die, You don't need to be super pro to survive when a zombie stuns you which is a chance of like 50% for each hit, so unless you're unlucky or you just throw yourself to zombies on purpose I don't see how it's that bad.

Still, to answer the question: Yes, if players let zombies hit them they should die.

That may be true but I don't know about you... but I don't think I'm going to be unarmed and naked when an apoc hits....

Don't go into fights with low stamina and you'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with the stun mechanic, think of it as the zombie grabbing you for a moment.

If the zombie is merely grabbing you then the grab attack shouldn't do damage. Afterwards when the zombie goes in for the bite you should be able to beat it back. After struggling a few times the grab should let loose and provided you haven't been attacked by other zombies you can escape. That's not how it works though, the zombie grabs you telepathically and then windmill punches you to death. There's definitely a problem with the stun mechanic.

I envision it like this: The zombie grabs at you and gets a bite in as you break its grip, which also gives other slow zombies a chance to grab and bite which can result in a chain reaction of terrible luck. It can be cheap but it's pretty much the only way to make slow walker zombies an actual threat, otherwise we could just run endlessly through hordes, maybe take a couple hits but ultimately it would be easy to just run out before too much damage is done.

The only thing I can think it could improve is to make the stun time randomized or varied based on your stamina or overall health.

You cant be spinning 360 like carousel all time to avoid all zombies.

Obviously, you don't know about my "dervish dance" technique for infinite melee kills.

I think the stunning mechanic has its place, but when it happens... it sucks. However, that is the price you pay for staying too close. If your problem is getting surprised by zombies, maybe the issue isn't the stunning mechanic. Maybe the bigger issue is the spawning mechanic.

That may be true but I don't know about you... but I don't think I'm going to be unarmed and naked when an apoc hits....

That's just because the game doesn't have additional player characters yet, TFP plan to implement a feature in which you'll be able to play as a police officer for example and start with a gun, or play as a medic and start with medical supplies. There's still a lot to do still, though.

In any case, if the starting situation is your problem you could get some clothes in the cheat menu then keep playing if you don't want to be naked. I sometimes do that.

That's just because the game doesn't have additional player characters yet, TFP plan to implement a feature in which you'll be able to play as a police officer for example and start with a gun, or play as a medic and start with medical supplies. There's still a lot to do still, though.

In any case, if the starting situation is your problem you could get some clothes in the cheat menu then keep playing if you don't want to be naked. I sometimes do that.

Can't do that on MP (MultiPlayer) or banned hah. But I mean, look at DayZ for example, basic clothes and a flashlight.

Archived