Remove zombie stun !

ZombiDweller

Can't do that on MP (MultiPlayer) or banned hah. But I mean, look at DayZ for example, basic clothes and a flashlight.

I don't think that'll save you if a zombie grabs you tight, lol. In all seriousness, though, at least they give you the option to be able to craft some pants out of plant fibers, and you start out with a torch so it's not bad.

That's because Flashlights are called Torches here in the UK. (Nobody is even mentioning torches(UK) here...)

Anyway.

I am against the removal of zombie stun mostly because (for now) it simulates being grappled by a zombie. Which is pretty damn awesome!

You're fighting a horde, one manages to stun you, then another... And before you know it you're being laid into by a group of zombies. It's a pretty scary situation and I definitely feel like they're holding on to me. JUST AS THEY SHOULD DO (when they hopefully get that ability/animation).

But I am also not against you removing the zombie stun yourself in your own game.

Feel free to mod it out and nerf it as much as you like (or make it harder if you want it).

If you are unsure of how to mod the game, I've made a bunch of simple tutorials for modding 7 Days To Die, consider checking them out:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?27681-

• 3 years later...
This ^^

Stun is important for gameplay balance, zombies are already easy to kill.

If luck and RNG is the only way to make the zombies more dangerous, then maybe your zombies aren't dangerous enough. A game that relies on a random number outside of your control as whether you live or die, let alone have it be part of a skillset, is not a well-designed one. This is true for nearly every game I've played- TF2 is a GREAT example with bull♥♥♥♥ random critical hits. You should live or die by your skill alone, not some random number generating.

If we are gonna have stuns going forward, it NEEDS to be nerfed so that I have a CHANCE of surviving a horde based on how well I can fight that horde, instead of basically locking me in place.

Maybe we need a parry? Oblivion had a defend option, skyrim had a defend option, why not add a defend option to melee and gun weapons? This opens up bayonets on rifles, riot shields, and maybe special timed attacks with machetes where you cut the zombie's hand off right before it attacks you?

Right now combat is boring. So adding some new mechanics will add some skill to it and maybe a few more gameplay hours.

If luck and RNG is the only way to make the zombies more dangerous, then maybe your zombies aren't dangerous enough. A game that relies on a random number outside of your control as whether you live or die, let alone have it be part of a skillset, is not a well-designed one. This is true for nearly every game I've played- TF2 is a GREAT example with bull♥♥♥♥ random critical hits. You should live or die by your skill alone, not some random number generating.

If we are gonna have stuns going forward, it NEEDS to be nerfed so that I have a CHANCE of surviving a horde based on how well I can fight that horde, instead of basically locking me in place.

... thread 2 years old, wat r u doign??/

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe we need a parry? Oblivion had a defend option, skyrim had a defend option, why not add a defend option to melee and gun weapons? This opens up bayonets on rifles, riot shields, and maybe special timed attacks with machetes where you cut the zombie's hand off right before it attacks you?

Right now combat is boring. So adding some new mechanics will add some skill to it and maybe a few more gameplay hours.

Parry would be awesome perk, they would have to create the mechanics, but it'd be cool and apropriate as a skilled experienced character could develop the skill.

I don't think Fun Pimps are good creating challenges, it's like they just remove features or include anoying things to make it difficult, instead of creating an actual well planned challege

• 3 weeks later...

Getting stunned by a zombie should be more rare(lower chance of getting stunned per hit) and it should not last as long as it does. And if you recently got stunned, for the next 30 seconds(if you survive) you should be immune to getting stunned again so you can't be stun traped as easily.

Archived