7D2D and Windows 11

Jost Amman

Yeah, never change a running system. There is a reason why i don´t switch OS unless i have to. 7 days doesn´t seem to be the only game, saw some tests about the ryzen CPU´s, there was a difference in performance between WIN 10 and 11. But that was only with 12th Gen Intel CPU´s.

I've got 7D2D on Win11 with a 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.61 GHz and I have no issues to report. It's a relatively new box (~2 months), but my previous box was Win11 (updated from Win10) and also had no issues. I don't recall it's CPU, but it was probably an 8th or 9th Gen i7.

Yea, once I got the notification that my brand NEW computer meets the MINIMUM system requirements to run Windows 11, I was thinking Naaaah I'm good.  I'll upgrade to Windows 11 in 2025 thank you when I buy a new system.  2025 is when Win 10 support ends except for critical security updates.

As pApA saids, never change a running system ... this NEW computer just solid.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently went on win 11 and all I had to do was install new gpu drivers and the AMD patch, yes I am on the 5900x. And, it is smooth even managed to get the taskbar to the lerft. There is a setting in there to do that which I stumbled on.

Edited by Phil (see edit history)

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

As discussed in the other thread, and there is no notable performance difference between the two editions.  The only plausible cause for an improvement would because of a cleaner installation of Windows.

OOopps, done it again sorry boss

• 1 year later...