Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

11 hours ago, Prydonian said:

Three months?  I hadn’t heard that one.

In an interview on the Youtube channel Guns, Nerds, and Steel, Richard mentioned that A22 will probably have a much shorter development cycle of about 3 months. However, he doesn't have the best track record when it comes to release date estimates.

6 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

In an interview on the Youtube channel Guns, Nerds, and Steel, Richard mentioned that A22 will probably have a much shorter development cycle of about 3 months. However, he doesn't have the best track record when it comes to release date estimates.

He has a perfect track record but not in the way anyone wants. ;)

Joking aside, if their primary goal is bandits and player characters and anything else gets pushed to A23 if it isn’t done once bandits and player characters are done then for sure A22 will come much sooner than the past several alphas. But just like playing the game always tempts us to do “just one more thing” before quitting for the night, designing the game tempts them to do “just one more thing” before release. 

They have made quite a bit of progress already for bandits and players. A new female model was just finished this past Friday. 

12 hours ago, Prydonian said:

Three months?  I hadn’t heard that one.

It was said. But as said they say one thing but it will probably be at least double that and that is at least. Why I said 6 months in that statement. Either way my point to the guy was he talking about A20 not having a future so was pointing out A21 doesn't either in those terms. At least besides all alphas do have a future pushing closer to a finished game.

4 hours ago, semu said:

yeah its not on this page. what im talking about.

There was a link to a site that showed each time they updated things IN THE GAME (code/etc).
It's how you can see what they are doing irl/as they do it. I definitely don't see it at the start of this thread.
What I see there is a long post by the devs with their typed out updates.
That is not what I'm talking about.

You thinking of this page?

https://steamdb.info/app/251570/history/

1 hour ago, MoSkitz said:

Do we know how the loot respawn will go with the new loot container thing?  If purses and garbage bags disappear, will they just randomly respawn or will there be less loot respawn now?

If you enable chunk reset, they will respawn if not near a land claim, bed roll or player vehicle.  If you don't, they will not reset.

Be aware that enabling chunk reset will reset everything including areas you dig or destroy or build if they are not within a certain distance of those things I mentioned.

If a player visits the area, the chunk reset timer will start over so this shouldn't normally affect anything in areas you regularly visit.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

I am...how you say?....newbie on this most delightful website for the zombie slaughter 7D2D.

I don't know your local customs (because I am the newbie), but how soon will the latest generation in gameplay be available to humble consumer?

Many happy salutes to all who work hard for making game!

-Vash bol'shoy drug, Murlokhski ⚒️

I am surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about proximity chat. That sounds a ton of fun!

The main downside is there aren't any radios in the game. Having a handheld radio and/or a radio station would be a great way to allow long range communication as well.

14 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

https://community.7daystodie.com/a21-bugs-main/

But before you post a bug you should read this:

It's empty?  Odd.  I know I saw a bug in a stream Friday.  Decimal point error on item comparison when comparing a tier 4 bone knife to a tier 1 hunting knife.  The bone knife said it had over 700 damage with over 1200 power attack damage.  I'd switch to knives if they had that kind of damage!  Only after equipping and unequipping it did the comparison correct itself back to 7.3 damage (1/100 of the bug display).

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

It's empty?  Odd.  I know I saw a bug in a stream Friday.  Decimal point error on item comparison when comparing a tier 4 bone knife to a tier 1 hunting knife.  The bone knife said it had over 700 damage with over 1200 power attack damage.  I'd switch to knives if they had that kind of damage!  Only after equipping and unequipping it did the comparison correct itself back to 7.3 damage (1/100 of the bug display).

Maybe the streamers report the bugs in the green room which is this time a Discord server. I also saw the bug with the bone knife. It seemed to be a display error.

On 6/10/2023 at 10:17 AM, Old Crow said:

Is it Cindy Crawford? Kathy Ireland? Elle Macpherson?

It`s Whoopie Goldberg so now you can play as kind of Michon from TWD 👩‍🦳 <- This smileys yellow represents every possible skin color possible, so please don`t be offended and keep calm 😉

I played Alpha 21 experimental. Used the Nagezgane map. I didn't even recognize the map. It's like it was totally redone. :)

The game feels like an almost different game. It will take some time getting used to. 

I did notice that water does not last long. My avatar got thirsty, drank but got thirsty again a moment later. not sure what's going on with that. 

The map looks great and the looks of items are great. :)

Look'en forward to seeing more. 

I agree, so far what i ve played was very enjoyable, but as you do not achieve recipes anymore by levelling it is very hard to survive as eremite in the green hell out of the towns. Okay it wasn`t very adorable to do so in previus version, but you got the possibility to do so. I am also very satisfied about the zombie behaviour which tends to push forward after hitting and moving and attacking is more fluid now, this makes close combat quite more challenging and you are wishing very soon to have a gun in your hands. So the pipe guns do make more sense now, was very happy about finding self build SMG yesterday. Normally i am playing on difficulty 7 of 8, but i went down yesterday to diff.6 after they got my balls too hard :D this is also very satisfying. Build very early wood spikes to support me in close combat on the first two days. The workaround of the POIs are amazing too, so til here: Very good job FunPimps! Keep going!

Something really disliked: I drunk murky water as i got no other options (cool thing btw) but i also consumed the can? I knew it was announced but now as i am playing it, it feels kinda very strange. Always liked the inventory management of the game so for my purpose there was never the need to remove the cans and glasses and so on. Though, making fresh water a rare thing in the game was a neat idea. Was glad to find water filter mod on day 2, what was always completely redundant in the game. Now it is exxential for early game surviving. Thanks for that change

Got similar issue, main menu was visible but couldnt see my mouse moving, but could hear it hovering the buttons ^^

I moved all mods from my mod folder into another backup folder, this helped. Maybe it was only the restart of the game, cannot exactly tell...