Things I Hope get fixed in A20.4/A21. List yours, Bugs, Wishes etc.

Scyris

Here is a list of things I hope get fixed in A20.4 or A21. Preferably A20.4. Just things I've personally noticed, There is probably many more issues, it is Alpha after all.

1: Zombies attacking with 0 animation during their reeling/knockback/pain animation. You just get hit and the animation plays after the pain animation, when if it was working right they should not be able to attack at all during said animation.

2: Zombie Hit Boxes: The Fat zombies are the major offenders here, shoot a Fat zombie in the middle of the face? counts as a body shot somehow. Gotta aim for the top of the head.

3: Vehicles Disappearing... Yep the bug that took 2-3 alpha's to finally squish has reared its ugly head again. Make sure to pickup vehicles before you stop playing even in single player if you don't do this already.

4: Crops not growing near chunk borders, this is a new thing in A20, never did this in A19, but crops don't seem to wanna grow if they are near a chunk border. Its REALLY annoying as you have to turn on debug mode so you can see chunk id's (hit F1 type dm, hit enter, then hit F8 twice) Also annoying having half my farm not growing because it crosses a chunk border.

5: Perfomance issues, especially in cities. There are various ways to tackle this, one way I've though of was to have the Structural intergrity system do nothing unless a block is being destroyed, as each time you walk on a new block it checks the SI down to bedrock just eating cpu cycles for no real good reason. You notice this in sky scrapers, even when you cannot see outside of it, higher up you go worse performance gets partially due to the SI checks. Could also make it check within 5 blocks below the player, this would also help with this. There are other things also factoring into performance issues, but I figure the SI checks is a big one with how often they seem to run.

Anyone else got anything they'd like to add?

4 hours ago, Scyris said:

4: Crops not growing near chunk borders, this is a new thing in A20, never did this in A19, but crops don't seem to wanna grow if they are near a chunk border. Its REALLY annoying as you have to turn on debug mode so you can see chunk id's (hit F1 type dm, hit enter, then hit F8 twice) Also annoying having half my farm not growing because it crosses a chunk border.

Just checked this with crops growing on both sides of a chunk border and in the middle of a border and they all grew fine. If you have additional info let me know.

2 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Just checked this with crops growing on both sides of a chunk border and in the middle of a border and they all grew fine. If you have additional info let me know.

I had an issue with crops not always growing as well (posted a screenshot in the dev diary with some notes at the time).  One thing I can say for certain is that once I started growing exclusively one type of plant in my garden for each harvest I have not since had a single plot fail to grow (ex I plant all 100 plots as hops, or all 100 as mushrooms, etc). 

EDIT: To be clear the only time I had the issue was when I was trying to build my seed supply and my garden consisted of mixed crops of different plants.

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Ornias said:

The z's that are pogoing up and down are getting annoying. If they crouch then pop up and then crouch and lunge is what I am referring to. 

Yeah I swear they somehow get like double+ the range when crouching like that. I've had zombies in single player that when crouched have hit me from across a room somehow. Needs to be a animation in between going down to crouch/getting up from it. Instead of them basically just teleporting between the 2.

5 hours ago, Scyris said:

Yeah I swear they somehow get like double+ the range when crouching like that. I've had zombies in single player that when crouched have hit me from across a room somehow. Needs to be a animation in between going down to crouch/getting up from it. Instead of them basically just teleporting between the 2.

Agreed on the reach. I play dead is dead and this has caught me out a couple of times. 

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

I haven't had any trouble with missing vehicles. 

There's too damn many buzzards. Every 10 ft I got to stop and kill a f****** buzzard when I'm in the wasteland or the desert.

Yeah I wish they'd remove the AI task that makes them chase vehicles on non-blood moons as its just annoying having to keep getting off the vehicle to deal with them with how common they are. Its not fun gameplay at all.

5 minutes ago, Scyris said:

Yeah I wish they'd remove the AI task that makes them chase vehicles on non-blood moons as its just annoying having to keep getting off the vehicle to deal with them with how common they are. Its not fun gameplay at all.

Which vehicle are you on? I could see that being annoying with a bicycle.

On my motorcycle or gyro I completely ignore them. You can out-drive them and not take damage as long as you keep moving (assuming you are just trying to go from location A to B), eventually if you get too far some will give up and leave, although any stragglers at your destination will still need to be taken care of.

1 minute ago, NekoPawtato said:

Which vehicle are you on? I could see that being annoying with a bicycle.

On my motorcycle or gyro I completely ignore them. You can out-drive them and not take damage as long as you keep moving (assuming you are just trying to go from location A to B), eventually if you get too far some will give up and leave, although any stragglers at your destination will still need to be taken care of.

Yeah I know, its still very annoying though, it feels like one of those types of game systems where its put in for no reason other than to be an annoyance and nothing else. I mean vultures aren't exactly threatening, they just are annoying as hell when traveling.

The burpee thing is annoying.

There's just something wrong with Big Momma doing that.  /shudder

I know it's for them to go through 1 block openings, but a few of them are too FAT to fit through anyway.

They shouldn't do the crouchy thing.

(the Party Girl can do that all I want, er, all she wants)

😛

My bigest @%$# is that they can hit you THROUGH a block.  A crawler killed me when i had to do a strategic withdraw from a horde that came in a poi i was doing.  I get my back to a corner which had a piece missing in the second row up and you would think a crawler would not be able to get me(he was outside).  But low and behold WHAM he provided the last shot