Vending Machines Restocking?

Sjustus548

I've been thinking about vending machines here lately.  Should the one's outside of the Traders base refill?  Where I have my base set up I have the vending machine in the Traders Base and 3 more in the buildings around me.  I like that they have stuff in them but it makes no sense for them to refill, unless the trader is going out at night to refill them for us.  Personally I would like it if they had something in them but that's it.  Kind of like that's the loot available and would only reset if the whole POI reset as well.  Not sure how everyone else feels about it though.  Do you like that it resets every day and gives you a steady supply of food/water/candy or would you prefer them to not restock?  

They don't restock everyday - their restock day is in between trader restock days, if I recall correctly (I don't tend to use them). That said, yes - I agree. I'd say they should be static outside traders and you need to break in to them.

On a related note, why are they cheaper than buying a similar item from the trader directly? I'd expect the trader's vending machine to be the same price (whether that means dropping the trader's price or the vending machine price to match that other).

3 minutes ago, BarryTGash said:

They don't restock everyday - their restock day is in between trader restock days, if I recall correctly (I don't tend to use them). That said, yes - I agree. I'd say they should be static outside traders and you need to break in to them.

On a related note, why are they cheaper than buying a similar item from the trader directly? I'd expect the trader's vending machine to be the same price (whether that means dropping the trader's price or the vending machine price to match that other).

Ours restock every day.  When we first started out that was the main way we got food and drinks lol.  I still go every day to check them to get the candies we use frequently.  

Having different prices doesn't really make sense.  Also doesn't make much sense for vending machines to get a price reduction from the bartering skill.  I can't imagine my character is so good at bartering that I can talk down a vending machine in price lol.  It would make more sense to have them both at the same price, increase the vending machine prices in my opinion, and then you get a price reduction from the trader only for better bartering.  

2 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

Ours restock every day. 

<They always have; astronauts>

I don't know which youtuber caused it, but it's for some reason become an error done by tons of people at once. The simulation is getting really borked.

2 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

Also doesn't make much sense for vending machines to get a price reduction from the bartering skill.

That thing they removed in.. A19? Is it back?

Vending machines have always restocked and it's great. If they didn't restock everyday then I personally would see them useless. They're a great middle-ground for candy, and also other cheap things.

I don't mind if the ones outside the trader DON'T restock, but it would make perfect sense that the ones inside restock. They're not gonna give end game loot, they just give nice buffs or food if your in dire need, which is really helpful.

5 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

I like that they have stuff in them but it makes no sense for them to refill, unless the trader is going out at night to refill them for us.  Personally I would like it if they had something in them but that's it.  Kind of like that's the loot available and would only reset if the whole POI reset as well.

I like this idea. Or maybe only have them restock during loot respawns, if enabled?

5 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

it makes no sense for them to refill, unless the trader is going out at night to refill them for us.

I mean, these are the same traders who willingly stock and sell cigars, candy, and liquor that lowers the prices of their own products.

I wish my local liquor store and shamway would do this....that would be great! 😅

i've thought about this too and i think the ones outside the trader base shouldn't restock. it would add a layer of realism to the game, especially for players who turn off loot respawns altogether.

i also think that the vending machines should take old cash instead of dukes. i mean, why would they be converted to dukes anyway? it would give old cash another use than just selling for dukes too.

i stopped using the trader in my recent run and old cash has literally no use anymore... besides scrapping for paper i guess.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:45 AM, gurutar said:

i've thought about this too and i think the ones outside the trader base shouldn't restock. it would add a layer of realism to the game, especially for players who turn off loot respawns altogether.

i also think that the vending machines should take old cash instead of dukes. i mean, why would they be converted to dukes anyway? it would give old cash another use than just selling for dukes too.

i stopped using the trader in my recent run and old cash has literally no use anymore... besides scrapping for paper i guess.

the Old Cash actually sells for more than 1 duke if you have a high enough barter.  Nevermind I misread your post. Apologies.

Edited by Urban Blackbear (see edit history)

I would be sad if the outside venders that I can find  dont at least restock some things.. Cant get enough coins to get enough food to actuly make it worth while early game.

by the time I have enough coin I have my farm going and doing great on food.

I can understand how *some of* the vending machines get restocked - for one thing there are a lot of "invisible NPCs," like the ones who buy stuff from our vending machines, sell the traders their stock, etc. There are also drones now - maybe Traitor Joe's has bigger ones to stock vending machines, lol. Vending machines refilling in the places like the red fire station was weird of course. We were glad that vending machines still worked because Jailbreakers & Rockbusters but I miss the occasional functional work station - it could just make the story take a "twist" or something although I admit that I didn't use them much. As for old dollars we always have lvls of Better Barter and there's a reason that Dukes not dollars are currency where we live.