Its Annoying That Streamers Get the Game First!

Rizno

41 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I just started a new game tonight and from what I can tell I won't have that problem...maybe. I finished my basic quests and instead of getting my usual go to trader I got NO TRADER in red letters. Not sure if that means no traders on map or just no traders in the area I am in...will have to see.

that would mean no traders on map which is strange

4 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

Or it is a custom map via KingGen/Nitrogen that has a single biome with no pine forest and no modification to the find settlement quest.  In vanilla 7D2D, the find trader quest looks for one in the Pine Forest Biome only

14 hours ago, Gamida said:

I just started a new game tonight and from what I can tell I won't have that problem...maybe. I finished my basic quests and instead of getting my usual go to trader I got NO TRADER in red letters. Not sure if that means no traders on map or just no traders in the area I am in...will have to see.

the game couldn't find trader in the pine forest. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

5 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

What I thought also.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Or it is a custom map via KingGen/Nitrogen that has a single biome with no pine forest and no modification to the find settlement quest.  In vanilla 7D2D, the find trader quest looks for one in the Pine Forest Biome only

Nope, random gen map. I do have half dozen mods but have used them forever in other games I have started and have never seen this happen. Matter of fact I usually have dozens of mods in most games and never had this happen.

38 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

the game couldn't find couldn't find trader in the pine forest. 

You think I may find a trader in a different biome. I am curious. I think I can get all the poi's in the game from an xml file in the save dir so I may have a look later.

30 minutes ago, Gamida said:

What I thought also.

Nope, random gen map. I do have half dozen mods but have used them forever in other games I have started and have never seen this happen. Matter of fact I usually have dozens of mods in most games and never had this happen.

You think I may find a trader in a different biome. I am curious. I think I can get all the poi's in the game from an xml file in the save dir so I may have a look later.

You could try. But yeh usually means the game was unable to locate a trader in the pine forest whether one wasn't placed or the trader quest bugged out tho. 

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

You could try. But yeh usually means the game was unable to locate a trader in the pine forest whether one wasn't placed or the trader quest bugged out tho. 

Yeah I thought I would find a xml with the pois listed but that must only happen when you join a server or make a custom map with KingGen. I couldn't find one for this game I started.

33 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Yeah I thought I would find a xml with the pois listed but that must only happen when you join a server or make a custom map with KingGen.

It's available for any map. KingGen generates exactly the same set of files as vanilla RWG, it just does it better. My worlds are here:

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\

On 11/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, Rizno said:

...and how does releasing the update to everyone at the same time suddenly cut off streamers getting their viewers and TFP getting their new customers? A large chunk of these viewers the streamers will get are just game owners eagerly awaiting the release they're being forced to wait longer for. They can't buy the game again unless it's to give to friends and family. But you don't need a Streamer Event for proud game owners to already do that.

Everyone is right when they say "it's only a few days". But there's this brainless divide being put between the playerbase - where streamers with 5000+ subscribers (that's the requirement, if I recall correctly?) are basically getting treated like royalty in comparison to the regular old players who, in most cases, care more about the game and its future. "Hey we know you love our game but we're going to give this random person with lots of subscribers/followers on Twitch an even Earlier Access copy! We know you will understand, it's only a few days after all haha."

This Streamer Event practice will be harshly defended; but that still doesn't make it right.

A universal release won't hurt streamers and will still attract plenty of new customers to ensure the future of 7 Days to Die.

A universal release DOES hurt streamers. Especially if they stream 7DTD as a main game, or close to a main game. They'll lose tons of viewers, because the viewers will instead be playing, and not watching the streams. Streaming is a huge part of the future of entertainment, whether you or anyone else likes it or not. Would I like to play the game at the same time? Yes, sure. Am I going to pitch a huge fit like my 3 year old when he doesn't get what he wants? No. 

8 minutes ago, outhous said:

bachgaman

Hahah, that's a funny answer, but I'd rather be glad if they release hotfixes. Hotfixes indicate that they are doing something and they care about the game.

45 minutes ago, SpiderThatCantHide said:

A universal release DOES hurt streamers. Especially if they stream 7DTD as a main game, or close to a main game. They'll lose tons of viewers, because the viewers will instead be playing, and not watching the streams. Streaming is a huge part of the future of entertainment, whether you or anyone else likes it or not. Would I like to play the game at the same time? Yes, sure. Am I going to pitch a huge fit like my 3 year old when he doesn't get what he wants? No. 

The general release will come in 2-3 days after the release for streamers. And they will be hurt. I think this is wrong. Streamers shouldn't be hurt and they shouldn't lose viewers. I suggest not releasing the A20 for all. From now on, all releases are only for streamers so that they do not lose viewers.

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

from what little i know it means no traders on the map period not even in other biomes

Just now, 7daystodierocks said:

from what little i know it means no traders on the map period not even in other biomes

That's not true actually.

When the unmodded Find Settlement quest starts, it looks for a trader in the Pines Forest only.

This is the code in the quests data file

<objective type="Goto" id="trader" value="5" phase="1">
            <property name="biome_filter_type" value="OnlyBiome" />
            <property name="biome_filter" value="pine_forest" />
            <!-- <property name="biome_filter_type" value="ExcludeBiome" /> -->
            <!-- <property name="biome_filter" value="wasteland" /> -->
            <property name="nav_object" value="go_to_trader" />
        </objective>

Notice line 2 which states OnlyBiome (filter) and line 3 (Pine forest).  If you don't have any traders in the pine forest, it will state that no traders are found.  If you were to remove those two lines (or make them into comments), any trader would suffice for the quest.  If you comment those two, and uncomment the two below it, any trader not in the wastelands would suffice for the quest.

17 hours ago, Gamida said:

This is an error that happens when you use a map from a previous version that isn't compatible. When you make a new game and name it the same as an existing old save that might be sitting in your world files from past alphas, it can cause the game to reference that old save. You can either clean all your data or just make sure that each name you pick for your current games is unique and not a re-use.

We will get this exact report of no trader many times after A20 drops and people are either using their A19 maps or not cleaning their registry of all old maps and saves and then starting a new game with the same name they've already used. 

Of course it could be something else but I suspect it is this.

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

This is an error that happens when you use a map from a previous version that isn't compatible. When you make a new game and name it the same as an existing old save that might be sitting in your world files from past alphas, it can cause the game to reference that old save. You can either clean all your data or just make sure that each name you pick for your current games is unique and not a re-use.

We will get this exact report of no trader many times after A20 drops and people are either using their A19 maps or not cleaning their registry of all old maps and saves and then starting a new game with the same name they've already used. 

Of course it could be something else but I suspect it is this.

No, not a previous map. Started a brand new game and used a new name. I am not too worried about it. Will probably end up starting a new game in a week or so. I love the new map smell :)

8 hours ago, Boidster said:

It's available for any map. KingGen generates exactly the same set of files as vanilla RWG, it just does it better. My worlds are here:

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\

Won't work for me either :) . I don't have 7 Days installed (under steam). I do have a copy under a 7DTD folder though. I do this so when I do have a game installed under steam I can leave it vanilla. I have been doing it this way forever. Sometimes I may have 4 or 5 copies of the game there with different mods added to "test" them out lol. I did look under Worlds in that game and There is one called empty for some reason. Maybe that is what happened.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:49 PM, bachgaman said:

A senseless polemic, I, in turn, can say that you cannot prove which of them works in 9-5 jobs. But it's obvious to both of us that most of them don't. But even if it is not, then it does not matter at all in the essence of my statement that 95% of working / studying people will have to wait for the next weekend. And don't ask me to confirm the 95% figure so you don't look like an idiot. Thanks

I work 2 jobs, 9-5, 7 days a week (for one) and 5 days a week for about an hour (for the other).

And i'm in the streamer list.

I also know several in that list who ALSO work 9-5.

So.... might wanna calm that down a bit there bud.

EDIT: Oh, and I also work on DF, and Romero Mod, and making sure my modlets are up to date, along with making videos so I could hit that 5k sub count... and voluteer at a cat rescue...

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I work 2 jobs, 9-5, 7 days a week (for one) and 5 days a week for about an hour (for the other).

EDIT: Oh, and I also work on DF, and Romero Mod, and making sure my modlets are up to date, along with making videos so I could hit that 5k sub count... and voluteer at a cat rescue...

Holy Crap man! Forget whether you are a typical streamer. I don't think you're a typical human being!

17 minutes ago, Roland said:

Holy Crap man! Forget whether you are a typical streamer. I don't think you're a typical human being!

I cheat. Both my jobs are work from home ;)

Carer for my disabled wife (so cooking, cleaning, managing her meds and physical therapy, plus spending time with her to manage the mental health side, that's the 7 days/week one) and tech support for a gaming company (that's the one that's about an hour a day, sometimes 2-3 hours depending on if a DLC dropped or not)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I will only give two excerpts from the text you quoted.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, bachgaman said:

most

On 11/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, bachgaman said:

But even if it is not, then it does not matter at all in the essence of my statement that 95% of working / studying people will have to wait for the next weekend

Also, obviously, I was talking about full time streamers, for whom this is a salary, and not about hobby streamers.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I cheat. Both my jobs are work from home ;)

Carer for my disabled wife (so cooking, cleaning, managing her meds and physical therapy, plus spending time with her to manage the mental health side, that's the 7 days/week one) and tech support for a gaming company (that's the one that's about an hour a day, sometimes 2-3 hours depending on if a DLC dropped or not)

Man...

2 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Also, obviously, I was talking about full time streamers, for whom this is a salary, and not about hobby streamers.

Really?  Because the whole thing you had was against 7D2D streamers which I don't think you even know much about them.  I mean, come on, the whole beef you had was a perceived slight that you had that 7D2D streamers were delaying the game for everyone else.

You painted a broad brush against streamers, then try to make it as if you weren't being toxic to them by pointing out that you used things like 95% or most.  It's like you went into attack mode against them, then try to act like you are the victim because people are pointing out what you said.  Heck, you even went after people that watch streamers at one point.

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Really?  Because the whole thing you had was against 7D2D streamers which I don't think you even know much about them.  I mean, come on, the whole beef you had was a perceived slight that you had that 7D2D streamers were delaying the game for everyone else.

I really thought everyone's release was delayed because of them. But people argue that TFP would never release on Friday because they don't want to do hotfixes over the weekend

You painted a broad brush against streamers, then try to make it as if you weren't being toxic to them by pointing out that you used things like 95% or most.  It's like you went into attack mode against them, then try to act like you are the victim because people are pointing out what you said.

I didn't attack, I was setting out the facts. I didn't gave up on my words, most streamers do this with the hope of making easy money in the first place. Especially those who buy bot subscriptions.

Heck, you even went after people that watch streamers at one point.

Yeah, watch how some mediocrity plays the game you've been waiting for 1.5 years, instead of playing yourself 😂

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

On 11/16/2021 at 6:12 PM, Gamida said:

Won't work for me either :) . I don't have 7 Days installed (under steam). I do have a copy under a 7DTD folder though.

Edit: for any poor soul coming across this thread in the future - hey, how's the future? Has the world accepted science, reason, and cooperation as the sustainable way forward? No? Well at least you still have 7D2D.

Ignore the blather I wrote below, for the most part. Look instead in the \GeneratedWorlds folder hiding under your Windows user folder. Something like this:

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\

Hmm...that ought not to matter. Wherever the client is installed, it will create a world...somewhere...which has the prefabs.xml file you're looking for. You should see the following folder structure (excluding the one BoidsHellscape world folder and also not the Prefabs Install folder):

Wrong location hiding behind this spoiler.

Spoiler

image.png.6b6eb48267bdd3ce81f3d91ad3c1268a.png

If you use the vanilla RWG to create a new custom world, it should add a folder under \Worlds \GeneratedWorlds with the name. If it's not putting it there then a) that is kind of odd and b) it must be creating the files somewhere. Maybe Ctrl-F for prefabs.xml on your drive?

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

Ok I did a search and did find the prefabs.xml file and there are 5 traders. I confirmed the closest 2. One was 2.2 km and the other was only 450 m. Maybe it is because there doesn't seem to be one in a pine forest. Anyway there are traders so all is solved...or most anyway lol