Brass

AlexHarris

So I am late in day 70's. The last Blood Moon the zombies started going suicidal and blowing up. Apparently they now have bombs attached to their chests and I am now EXTREMELY low on brass. I can only make 1000 bullets as of right now and I ran out of ammo for my turrets during the blood moon. What is the best way to farm brass? Or is it just luck?

45 minutes ago, AlexHarris said:

Do you get the same amount of Dukes wether it be 1 or 5 Quest Level?

You get more coins for higher-level quests. For other sources of brass, you can prioritize parking lots/garages and office buildings, which often have several AC units. Find the book which gives brass doorknobs from doors and then normal houses become a decent source.

On my server I modded radiators into ice machines, vending machines (not the plugged in ones!), soda fountains, and refrigerators. It helps, but brass is still a high-value resource. We do have like 60K Dukes and really not a lot to spend it on any more; we probably should smelt down half of it.

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)

Most small mods (especially if they are called modlets) are just xml changes which is very safe and easy to install (no code from unknown sources and no change to the installed game files). Just create a folder "Mods" in the installation folder of your game and extract the mod (usually a zipfile) into that folder.

Don't forget that the Mods folder will not change when updating the game, so it is your responsibility to also remove it when it potentially becomes incompatible with a new version of the game.

If the Mod has a readme file, read it (obviously). If it says that you need to install anything to some other location outside the Mods folder then it is a more complicated mod and usually overwrites some files in the game. Then updating to a new version of the game usually means you must remove the mod, make sure everything works vanilla and then reinstall a new version of the mod. It also might mean you have to trust the mod creator.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

17 hours ago, AlexHarris said:

What is a good way to get mods? I've NEVER used mods before on my PC.

theres a mod made by MeanCloud that add ores for copper and zinc as well as the raw materials which can be smelted and mixed in a forge to bring brass to mass production. however the mod has a complicated method of installing as the prefab files of the ore blocks and veins have to be added to the vanilla game prefab folder, not doing this will glitch the @%$# outta the game i learned that the hard way.

23 hours ago, AlexHarris said:

So I am late in day 70's. The last Blood Moon the zombies started going suicidal and blowing up. Apparently they now have bombs attached to their chests and I am now EXTREMELY low on brass. I can only make 1000 bullets as of right now and I ran out of ammo for my turrets during the blood moon. What is the best way to farm brass? Or is it just luck?

Id highly recommend getting into traps. Place an electric fence trap wire THROUGH the blade trap. It'll stun any zombies and get sliced at the same time.

Just be sure to carry some forged iron, forged steel, mechanical, and electrical parts on you for repairs. They help so much.

But to answer your question, smelt dukes and continuously run trader quests, especially if you can get to the gun_store_02 mission, it helps a ton!

On 6/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, AlexHarris said:

What is a good way to get mods? I've NEVER used mods before on my PC.

Not really the place to ask, but in your install directory. Default is C:/windows/programfilesx64/steam/steamapps/common/7daystodie

When your there, right click, make a new folder, name it Mods.

Then head over to the nexus mods website, create an account, and begin searching for mods under 7 days to die on the site and download ones you want then put them inside of the mods folder you made. You may need to extract the .7 or .rar files, so download 7-zip to do that for you.

U can also access the local files where the Mods folder needs to be through steam just right click on 7DaysToDie on ur game list then click Properties then click browse local files and they will show up.

Also 7DaysToDieMods.com is a website dedicated to mods for 7Days on that site i found mods like one that brings back the old hornets in a more crimson red color rather than the original yellow

And a good trap idea is to place barbed wire fences under the wires connecting electric fence posts to each other the goal of this combo is to have the barbed wire slow down the zombies for decent amounts of time while the electric wires shock the hell outta them

There are other good sources of brass besides radiators. Air conditioners……there are 6 of them on top of the school for example; inside buildings you’ll see gas or water pipes with orange colored fittings…lots of brass; if you read a book(don’t remember the name) you’ll get brass from breaking down doors; some sinks and light fixtures give brass. Also, your play style greatly affects brass amounts. Using melee as much as possible, shotguns and blunderbusses for guns and turrets, saving the brass for ammo for horde nights only.