enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

Actually ErrorNull i got the perfect idea for the mega boss if you still haven't decided on it yet. the final boss should be a huge wolf at x3 size thats void black with the green radiated glow and that should be named "skinwalker" I had this idea because in Navajo legend a heavily decayed wolf is is the most common form a skinwalker takes another good reason for this idea is the fact that the forest biome is the biome most commonly used by players when building bases.

Just an update for this, the problem still persists in the updated file I will try and find the invisible zombie again and when it spawns I'll then try to spawn all the other zombies in just to see what happened, long shot but never know.....the zombie does die however from spikes and one player reported he had to use this method in order to end his quests as it was literally the last zombie, which if pretty concerning as I guarantee most players here would have probably been killed by the zombie instead, you can imagine that frustration can't you at the end of large quest.......overall though this pack of zombies is a gamechanger literally, maybe we get lucky...

If anyone wants to visit a live server running this pack to help bug test and find this gremlin feel free to ping me and I'll send you the deets over, cheers

On 7/7/2022 at 8:06 PM, AndrewT said:

Actually ErrorNull i got the perfect idea for the mega boss if you still haven't decided on it yet. the final boss should be a huge wolf at x3 size thats void black with the green radiated glow and that should be named "skinwalker" I had this idea because in Navajo legend a heavily decayed wolf is is the most common form a skinwalker takes another good reason for this idea is the fact that the forest biome is the biome most commonly used by players when building bases.

sounds like a great idea for a 'final' boss for the forest biome. actually using @magejosh buffs suggestion, i may just create a higher tier of bosses for each biome.

HP Settings Mod Added

now you can adjust the HP of every enzombie, vanilla zombie or animal with this settings mod. want to double their HP? sure! want to reduce there HP, no problem.

you can also customize or disable the random variation rage which will apply to all zombies and animals. the current range is 0% to %20, which means that all zombies will receive an extra zero to 20% bonus to their max HP when spawned. you can also use negative values like -10% to 10%. lastly, a range of 0% to 0% will simply disable the HP random variation.

you can download this from the enZombie Settings Add-on link that's part of the "Add-Ons" section of the main mod page. alternatively, here's the direct github download link: https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombiesSettings/blob/main/enZombiesSettings10Hp/readme.txt

@RAGE PVE and @arramus thanks for your continued tshooting on the invis zombie bug. here's what we've gathered so far from what i've seen: only occurs during a trader clear quest, while player explores inside the POI and triggers sleeper volumes. at some point, player activates a sleeper volume that is near a 'problem' region or object in that POI -- which then triggers a NullReferenceException (NRE) error. there is a small chance that when the NRE occurs as zombies are spawned from that sleeper volume, that one zombie glitches out and spawns without a mesh, prefab, or some characteristic that's needed to visually display the zombie on-screen. even though melee and ranged weapons cannot hit, it appears the invis zombie's collision box is still intact, because it still paths around objects and can be killed by fire and spikes. this unlucky (or lucky?) zombie can be a UMA zombie or vanilla style zombie. it also appears this invis zombie only occurs in multiplayer and that when it happens, the console also shows messages regarding the discarding of netPackageEntityRagdoll and netPackagePlayerStats for an entity. maybe some genius out there can see another possible cause from these clues we've found so far. meanwhile just in case, keep some spikes on hand while doing those Clear quests! 😎

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

3 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

sounds like a great idea for a 'final' boss for the forest biome. actually using @magejosh buffs suggestion, i may just create a higher tier of bosses for each biome.

here is the perfect expansion on the idea. after killing the regular biome bosses they have a chance to drop a red quest note that gives the player a 5 level quest towards the final boss of each respective biome. the first 4 levels are simply killing an increasing number of giants from each biome before finally encountering the final boss. and as an upgrade to the reward system i found a mod on nexus that increases the drop chance for all zombies I asked the mod creator if he could make dropping multiple bags work for certain zombies and he said he liked the idea especially for bosses. much like how in other RPG games bosses tend to drop tons of good loot like a fountain.

This addon makes the game so much more entertaining. Love it!

However i notices some strange behavior.

If you path a way for the zombies and block the path but keep a height of 1 block open. Original zombies start to crawl that space and slows down a little to reach you.

The addon zombies just walks through like nothing is blocking the path. (but half the body is within blocks).

Is there a reason or setting for this behavior?

6 hours ago, HeIrAkI said:

This addon makes the game so much more entertaining. Love it!

However i notices some strange behavior.

If you path a way for the zombies and block the path but keep a height of 1 block open. Original zombies start to crawl that space and slows down a little to reach you.

The addon zombies just walks through like nothing is blocking the path. (but half the body is within blocks).

Is there a reason or setting for this behavior?

Hi @HeIrAkI - glad you like the zombies. the ability for the vanilla zombies to crawl through 1 block spaces is fairly recent, and they show the crawling animations as they crawl through which is pretty cool. the uma zombies (most of my zombies use uma) never got that special crawling animation added, since the devs are no longer supporting/updating the uma mechanic. technically, my uma zombies are crawling through the 1 block spaces just like the vanilla zombies, but they don't show the crawling animations when they do so.

• 2 weeks later...

enZombies v2.8 Progress:

the biome bosses as coming along. researching a bit more on buff and trigger events that can hopefully give me better control on how they spawn out in the wilderness. i prefer not to have them just randomly pop up at any gamestage level.

i'm also working on some wandering traders using UMA - so their looks are easily customizable just like the UMA zombies. i never really liked the current stationary trader and trader quests -- as i felt it made the game too easy to power up. randomly spawning wandering traders would also encourage more exploration of all biomes and less incentive to just park a base in one spot and not explore other biomes. as with everything else, these traders will be server side only as well. there's still some fine tuning.. but i'm expecting to have these traders ready along with the main v2.8 update. stay tuned. 😎

A20-5-2022-08-03-01-40-15.jpg

A20-5-2022-08-03-01-39-23.jpg

A20-5-2022-08-03-01-39-28.jpg

Bro, as you are into this game and you are very serious about making the game better. I would like to tell you a few things which I had in mind since ages. In a apocalypse, its not possible that there is only one survivor. There has to be a few survival camps like any zombie web series alongwith their requirements which the player can fulfill from time to time. These camps also has guards protecting the camps and there has to be a few military camps which jas live soldiers. If you have played dying light 1, you will understand what I am saying. 

Also, while the players are building bases with Titanium, the trader locations are made of wood and tin still in Alpha 20 and there are very few attacks on those locations. The traders are stading alone in their useless and weak locations all the time.

If you can do something about this, this mod will become a different overhaul mod. 

If you dont mind me giving these ideas, I will not post them but if you do want to hear more from me, I would like to post a few other ideas too.

Thanks for this mod. It is already a great mod.

hi @Ganeshakw thanks for sharing.. and i do like hearing everyone's ideas. so continue to let me know. we all have our own play styles... and for me i like to imagine an apocalypse where there truly are only a few humans left.. and not enough to rebuild humanity, or to establish any fortified community, or have any regular trader economy. the player is among the final embers of life before we all definitely will go out. :)   

the wandering traders will be available as optional that can be used with existing vanilla trader setup, or it can be used along with other mods that completely remove all traders (which is what i do). even though i have a certain way i like to play, i plan to create mods that still allow everyone options to create their own play style.

i've added a wandering jen .. *ahem* .. i mean, Jane trader now. both of their hands are full of item bags too. and couldn't tell from the previous pics, but all wondering traders will have on these reinforced backpacks. they also use the correct voices when you trade with them. now to figure out how to make them take damage and die. because right now their built-in behavior is that they are invincible.......

A20-5-2022-08-03-05-02-41.jpg

A20-5-2022-08-03-05-05-27.jpg

here's my attempt at trader Rekt and trader Hugh. the UMA system doesn't have a soft old round-belly body type like trader Rekt lol, and trader Hugh's unique snow clothing has no similar matching set within the UMA meshes and texture. but, i think this will still do fine. next is trader bob and then finalize their spawning code and trader inventory.

A20-5-2022-08-05-03-07-18.jpg

On 8/4/2022 at 3:13 AM, Ganeshakw said:

Got it @ErrorNull. I would still like to post my ideas if I come across any. 

Like you said wondering traders with backpacks full of stuff. Somebody like that cannot defend himself or herself. Can at least a guard accompany them ?

having another NPC as a bodyguard for these wandering traders would be cool, but i don't think it's possible with the XML and UMA mechanics available. it might be possible using SCore and NPCMod, but then the mod will no longer be server-side and also require disabling EAC. i'd still like to avoid that.

for now, these wondering traders do fight back and can kill the zombies. and to counterbalance the trader being invincible, their attack strength is greatly reduced... hoping this can prevent players from just using wandering traders as invincible meat-shield decoys.

anyone have ideas on how to kill off these traders, with just XML modding? i'm able to use buffs to reduce their health just fine, but looks like the built in trader mechanics prevent them from rag-dolling and despawning once i get their health down zero. they just continue to stand there like nothing has happened lol.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:24 AM, Weazelsun said:

ah that so cool, those wandering traders. I was just thinking of the possibilities of having "friendly" npcs.

NPCMod does a great job of having friendly npcs, and you can even have control of their behavior at any time.. like telling them to attack, or stay, or just follow. it's pretty cool. if you haven't already tried NPCMod for that, i'd give it a try. NPCMod uses advanced code to create these features... which i would not be able to even go near to match with just the XML style that i'm limited to -- since i want to remain server-side only compatible.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:45 AM, Ganeshakw said:

I think everyone is waiting for @ErrorNull to make this awesome mod to be compatible with the NPC mod. Lets wait and see when he does that miracle. Lol.

actually, i've already tested enZombies mod with NPCMod and it does run together without any errors. so in that way it's already compatible. 😎 it's just that any NPCmod zombies or npc's will not spawn as often as normal because it does not recognize the new biome spawning rules that enZombie uses. at some point i can create a patch mod to use with NPCMod so that it corrects this minor issue.

ErrorNull if you remember the return of the behemoth mod by Khaine its be nice to incorporate it and the radiated behemoth to work with ENzombies and it can be extremely tough minions for the crazy bosses your already working on. lets see what Khaine thinks but i know it'll be fun

On 8/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, AndrewT said:

ErrorNull if you remember the return of the behemoth mod by Khaine its be nice to incorporate it and the radiated behemoth to work with ENzombies and it can be extremely tough minions for the crazy bosses your already working on. lets see what Khaine thinks but i know it'll be fun

ok. i can look into that and reach out to Khaine when ready. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, ErrorNull said:

ok. i can look into that and reach out to Khaine when ready. 👍

I did see this mod and wondered if it could make a return, I also saw the elite zombies mod and wondered if they too would be compatible 

@Ru Melin that is on my to-do list. you're right as it stands now my enzombies spawning code is not fine tuned for NPCMod yet and so it unintentionally inhibits the spawning of the NPCMod entities. i can get a patch mod going and it will be fixed up.

@RAGE PVE yea i like the behemoth too. haven't had the chance to yet, but that's also on my to do list. what are the elite zombies? you have a link?