enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

Thank you for the quick reply!

1. It was in the items.xml but, after removing the entry from Santa, users were able to join.

2. Odd the other items are working okay but just that T1Handgun was not

3. According to the folder names/load order, I can confirm enZombies is loading first

4. I am 99% sure I have the latest as the server was a fresh install as of 1 day ago.

I will do some testing soon, server is working good and I will download the enZombies files again to be 100% sure I didn't accidently get the versions mixed up.

Just a quick note that the minute we add enzombie harvest addon all hell breaks loose, get mod errors when the client starts up. video button in settings wont work, we do use a lot of mods, been adding them back in and updating them one by one all day and it turned out to be this one that caused the issues lol.... tbh it was the one i least expected.

33 minutes ago, mrgreaper said:

Just a quick note that the minute we add enzombie harvest addon all hell breaks loose, get mod errors when the client starts up. video button in settings wont work, we do use a lot of mods, been adding them back in and updating them one by one all day and it turned out to be this one that caused the issues lol.... tbh it was the one i least expected.

if u have any of the other custom zombie mods such as snufkin's or robeloto's along with their EXzombies patches that would be your issue as both snufkin's and robeloto's zombies mods were updated a couple times while all ENzombies stuff is still waiting its needed updates.

5 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

if u have any of the other custom zombie mods such as snufkin's or robeloto's along with their EXzombies patches that would be your issue as both snufkin's and robeloto's zombies mods were updated a couple times while all ENzombies stuff is still waiting its needed updates.

ah yes we use snuffkins and the patch for it.
Strangly I originally tried the mod pack i made for a20 back in january with just cp48 added (why mess with perfection?) had the same error. I had assumed the harvest one simply was not compatable with the latest a20 build.

Its not the end of the world, though and forced me to update all the mods (hopefully the stutter is gone when zombies spawn, though i see it still listed in known issues) just wanted to give a heads up as maybe not many have tried it

On 5/5/2022 at 11:08 AM, mrgreaper said:

ah yes we use snuffkins and the patch for it.
Strangly I originally tried the mod pack i made for a20 back in january with just cp48 added (why mess with perfection?) had the same error. I had assumed the harvest one simply was not compatable with the latest a20 build.

Its not the end of the world, though and forced me to update all the mods (hopefully the stutter is gone when zombies spawn, though i see it still listed in known issues) just wanted to give a heads up as maybe not many have tried it

That answers my question as I also had a similar issue when robeloto's mod was updated while I was using it along with the patch for it from ENzombies. right now I have robeloto's most recent version and I'm currently waiting for Enzombies to update as robeloto has added some new zombies and renamed some older ones which can be a problem.

21 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

Looking at the time @ErrorNull is taking for this version update, looks like he is having an affair. Lol.

haha yes. i little bit of affair lately. thanks for your patience everyone.. this next update will be released soon. and i do intend to go back to more regular version updates like i did before.

• 2 weeks later...

enZombies v2.7 Progress:

done with all feral and radiated variations for the upcoming new zombies. also updated the zombiesHarvest add-on mod for the new zombies so you can loot and harvest their corpses. now i just need to add them all to the spawning groups, update the Snufkin and Robeloto patch mods, and take care of some other minor bugs. almost there! 😎

A20-4-2022-05-20-11-54-21.jpg

On 5/20/2022 at 12:24 PM, AndrewT said:

I cant wait. I bet that fat guy with the chainsaw will be a "pain" to fight get it because his chainsaw will hurt.

yep that chainsaw and axe wielding lumberjack have increased reach, so watch out. updating the snufkin and robeloto patches now.. and taking care of some bugs.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 8:13 AM, ErrorNull said:

enzombies update is pretty much complete. just doing some final testing. i should be able to release by tomorrow. thanks for your patience guys. 😎

glad to hear that as my friends new gaming PC has just arrived a couple days ago and as of now he and his brother are setting it up as we have plans for a massive cinematic gameplay series for 7Days that will include your mod along with a few others. we dont have an official title for the series yet as we still have lots of other work to do but we have lots of details already set up such as how myself and my friend are both partially German in real life so we'll be playing a pair of custom German characters with full accents. and we'll be joind by a pair of mexican friends of ours (4 of us in total) one of them has stuck around with us since high school. now when I say cinematic series its a cinematic gameplay that will be far better than literally everything neebs gaming has done as we have plans for more cinematic details than just cinematic camera angles. when we begin work on the series my friend will upload an announcement video to his channel where he will go over many details of everything we have planned. however we are extremely unapologetic so we will be found on a different video site rather than YouTube as they now have policies regarding everything offensive and violent that are too much for us to handle so Vimeo is the likely site to find our content.

Version 2.7 Released!

(Updated download link on original post)

Wow so that took a while. Thanks for waiting folks.

So first we have the elemental zombies. The moldy green one will appear mostly in the forest, while the stone and sand ones will spawn mostly in the desert, and the iron elemental will show in the wasteland. The sand, stone and iron elementals are immune to bleeding damage and are buffed against ranged attacks. But, take out your shovel and pickaxe and you'll have a better chance! The super radiated one is tough as nails and will irradiate you if you get too close.

A20-5-2022-06-07-16-15-49.jpg

Next we have our hospital zombies. These poor folks got turned while waiting for the operating table. They are highly infectious and the nurse and lab female zombies will try try to stab you!

A20-5-2022-06-05-21-31-31.jpg

Here are two more lumberjacks to join the earlier two. However, they got the wood-cutting tools on them, and will use them on you without hesitation! They spawn in the forest and snow biomes.

A20-5-2022-06-05-21-38-15.jpg

And, here are two more biker zombies - that are a bit bigger than the prior two and are wearing their protective gear... helmets! They are happy to start a bar fight with you anytime.

A20-5-2022-06-05-21-41-42.jpg

Among many other things, this update also includes some new loading screen tips. This will provide more descriptions and tips regarding unique enZombies. I've only added a few for now, but more are planned since there are lots of good info about my enZombies.

7days-screenshot.png

Below are all the specific details of the v2.7 update.

(Download link to my github is on the main page.)

-removed ability for any zombies that wear hats/helmets, holding items/weapons, or are giants, from becoming crawlers
-removed all custom zombie crawlers to simplify code. existing zombies (that are not mentioned above) can still be crawlers if they are crippled.
-added elemental zombies: enElementalOrganicCrawler, enElementalSandCrawler, enElementalStoneCrawler, enElementalIronCrawler, enElementalSandWalker, enElementalStoneWalker, enElementalIronWalker, enElementalRadiatedWalker
-added custom characteristics to elemental zombies: nerfed ranged weapons against them, bonus to mining tools against them, they do not bleed, they have increased entity and block damage
-redid wandering horde code to use vanilla groups and progression. should make more mods (like UL) no need for patch
-renamed enSnufkinBoss to enScientistBoss1
-added feral versions of khzAiden and khzChang
-added hospital zombies: patientFemale1, patientFemale2, and patientFemale3, patientMale1 and patientMale2, labFemale1, nurseHD
-added more existing zombies: biker3 and biker4, lumberjack3 and lumberjack4
-renamed and streamlined all enemy handitems
-added louder swoosh sounds to the larger weapons carried by zombies: clubs, shovels, pickaxes, stun baton, etc
-updated all entitygroups/spawning code to be more compatible with mods that rely on vanilla zombie groups
-removed game animals from spawning in wasteland (since it was removed from vanilla game)
-added loadingscreen tips specific to enZombies

The following mods have also been updated for use with enZombies v2.7.  So if you are using these add-on mods, please go to my github and download the latest one. The readme file within each add-on mod will show what changes have been made.

- enZombieHarvest

- enZombiesSettings01NoNudes

- enZombiesSettings03WildernessSpawn

- enZombiesSettings04WanderingSpawn

- RobelotoZombiePatch

- SnufkinZombiePatch

- ZulkZombiePatch

I have also added another settings mod that allows you to remove any specific enZombie from spawning anywhere. Go to my github page here that lists all the current 'settings' mods - https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombiesSettings  . Note: if you are using other zombie mods like Snufkins or Robelotto, this settings mod cannot control their existence.

For the next update i will spend more time on compatibility with other zombie mods (NPCMod and Darkness Falls), and ability to modify attack reach of any enZombie, and modify HP and XP of any enZombie, etc. Of course i'll throw in a couple more new zombies too --- i still want to add some shopkeeper zombies, normal cops, and more zombies that fly and attack with projectiles...

As always please let me know if you see any errors or bugs. Enjoy!

------------

@ktrain I noticed that in the zulk mod, the green giant's feet is slightly floating above the ground. To fix this you can do the following:

- go into the file entityclasses.xml

- look for the section entity_class name="Zulk"

- within all the "property" tags, create another property tag like below:

<property name="SizeScale" value="0.97"/>

Now the giant looks much better on the ground. 😎

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

On 6/4/2022 at 2:20 PM, AndrewT said:

glad to hear that as my friends new gaming PC has just arrived a couple days ago and as of now he and his brother are setting it up as we have plans for a massive cinematic gameplay series for 7Days that will include your mod along with a few others. we dont have an official title for the series yet as we still have lots of other work to do but we have lots of details already set up such as how myself and my friend are both partially German in real life so we'll be playing a pair of custom German characters with full accents. and we'll be joind by a pair of mexican friends of ours (4 of us in total) one of them has stuck around with us since high school. now when I say cinematic series its a cinematic gameplay that will be far better than literally everything neebs gaming has done as we have plans for more cinematic details than just cinematic camera angles. when we begin work on the series my friend will upload an announcement video to his channel where he will go over many details of everything we have planned. however we are extremely unapologetic so we will be found on a different video site rather than YouTube as they now have policies regarding everything offensive and violent that are too much for us to handle so Vimeo is the likely site to find our content.

looking forward to see your 7Days series. sounds pretty cool. 👍

4 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

@ktrain I noticed that in the zulk mod, the green giant's feet is slightly floating above the ground. To fix this you can do the following:

- go into the file entityclasses.xml

- look for the section entity_class name="Zulk"

- within all the "property" tags, create another property tag like below:

<property name="SizeScale" value="0.97"/>

Now the giant looks much better on the ground. 😎

Excellent timing on the release, I have tomorrow and the next day off work to test it out!

Great find, I will also try that...but can it be done automatically for everyone through the ZulkZombiePatch?

11 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

looking forward to see your 7Days series. sounds pretty cool. 👍

oh it'll be the cool to end all cool especially with this bad boy in it... also the rocket turret works so the iron zombie will likely NOT have a good time. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/2254 the rocket turret does a 3 shot burst meaning 3 rockets per shot.

Edited by AndrewT (see edit history)

Updated the Attack Range settings mod

Download from GitHub here:

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enZombiesSettings/tree/main/enZombiesSettings02AttackRange

How to use:

- Drop this mod into your Mods folder (just like any other mod) to activate it.

attack-Range-Mod-Path.png

- Go into the items.xml file and find the line representing the zombie you want to modify

- modify the range Value ... increase value to give zombie further reach, or decrease value to shorten zombie's reach

- Exit and re-run the game.

This mod only allows modifying the attack range of enZombies and not any vanilla zombies.

Any issues or errors, let me know. 😎

@ErrorNullHello! Loving the work so far, everything is going great and the zombie variety is amazing.

I have one little issue that when the zombies spawn in close proximity to you, they always know where you are regardless of being at night silent or inside your base or deep underground. Almost as if they just have feral sense always on (it's turned off on the server) or their detection range is too high or something. Would you know how to modify or what to modify to make it so they spawn and wander around first and not just instantly come after you from 10 meters away?

Thanks for all the work,

1 hour ago, DefiantDucky said:

they always know where you are regardless of being at night silent or inside your base or deep underground. Almost as if they just have feral sense always on (it's turned off on the server) or their detection range is too high or something. Would you know how to modify or what to modify to make it so they spawn and wander around first and not just instantly come after you from 10 meters away?

interesting. inside entityclasses.xml of the main vanilla code, it defines several properties relating to zombie sense and seeking behavior:

<property name="AIFeralSense" value="1.5"/>
<property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="8"/>

none of the enZombies alter the default value for AIFeralSense, but i do have all spider zombies and the santa helper gal set AINoiseSeekDistance to a much shorter value of 3 instead of 8.  no other enZombie has this change. to see this you would go into entityclasses.xml from within the enZombies mod files, and look for the entity_class for EN_Zombie_Template_Spider and enSnowSantaHelper1.

entityclasses.xml of the main vanilla code also define other zombie characteristics that are related to stealth scenarios (below). none of the enZombies have these properties modified except for two -- the scientist boss zombie and the businessman boss zombie. they both have MaxViewAngle = 200, and SightRange value = 100. no other zombies have this change. to see these two modifications, refer to the entityclasses.xml inside the enZombies mod files and look for the entity_class for enScientistBoss1 and enBusinessmanBoss.

<!-- Stealth -->
<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="180"/>
<property name="SightRange" value="30"/> <!-- distance in m -->
<property name="SightLightThreshold" value="-2,150"/> <!-- how well lit you have to be for the zombie to see you at min,max range -->

<property name="SleeperWakeupSightDetectionMin" value="-40,5"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. sight capability - "I see you" light value at point blank -->
<property name="SleeperWakeupSightDetectionMax" value="340,480"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. "I see you" light value at "SightRange" -->
<property name="SleeperSenseSightDetectionMin" value="-10,0"/> <!-- same for groaning, not waking -->
<property name="SleeperSenseSightDetectionMax" value="200,300"/>

<property name="SleeperNoiseSenseThreshold" value="3,8"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. hearing capability - "I hear something" noise value -->
<property name="SleeperNoiseWakeThreshold" value="9,12"/>

<property name="SleeperSmellSenseThreshold" value="20,50"/> <!-- Indiv.Random. smell capability - "I smell something" player smell value -->
<property name="SoundSleeperSenseChance" value=".5"/> <!-- the chance to play "SoundSleeperSense" when "SleeperSmellSenseThreshold" is triggered -->
<property name="SleeperSmellWakeThreshold" value="40,100"/>

<property name="NoiseAlertThreshold" value="30"/> <!-- DEPRECATED; an awake zombie triggers instantly if touched by the sound range/volume -->
<property name="SmellAlertThreshold" value="40"/> <!-- for awake zombies -->

it's possible you might have some mods installed that modify these values in a more universal scale, by modifying the entity_class called zombieTemplateMale. all zombies inherit properties from that classes. one way to find out is to check the files within each mod and see if they have an entityclasses.xml file and if it alters anything for class zombieTemplateMale, or alters values for any of the above properties. hope that helps.

Brilliant work, we just uninstalled the Robeloto zombies, fun but not the gritty theme were going for!  We will test more tomorrow but we have them on our server live and their working brilliantly atm.  I did wonder though if they override the feral sense settings as we switch sense to daytime and they didn't seem to sense us?  Other than that really pleased.

I'd be interested in any other mods you might have or even assisting with any stress tests etc if you ever want to test a mod out in future.