enZombies - More Zombie Variations

ErrorNull

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am trying to use the enZombiesHarvest but the only zombies I am able to harvest are the vanilla versions. All the others start out with 1000hp (once they are dead) and do not get anything from them when attempting to harvest them. The only zombie mods I am using are the enZombies and a few of the other packs w/appropriate patches. Anyone have any ideas?

2 hours ago, KailJ said:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am trying to use the enZombiesHarvest but the only zombies I am able to harvest are the vanilla versions. All the others start out with 1000hp (once they are dead) and do not get anything from them when attempting to harvest them. The only zombie mods I am using are the enZombies and a few of the other packs w/appropriate patches. Anyone have any ideas?

hi @KailJ - be sure that inside your Mods folder, the "enZombies" mod comes first before "enZombiesHarvest". if that doesn't fix, also let me know if you are seeing and warnings or errors while booting up the game?

hi @Ru Melin still finishing up the NPC Civilians by KHzMusik. Afterward I'll take a look at The Wasteland. Which is "NPC Creature" pack? isn't that the old packs that existed before NPCMod?

Everyone. Try out this mini-game mod i created. All server-side and only vanilla zombies. It's meant for single player, but should also work as multiplayer on server. You start  the play session in a small field bordered by wasteland (which you can't cross). Zombies spawn non-stop. All the items and gear you will receive will be from random loot bags. Simply try to survive into the night and until the next morning. If feedback is good, I might put more time and features in it and create a separate forum page. 😎

Tower Defense mod:

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/enTowerDefense

Tower Defense custom map (use this map):

https://github.com/ErrorNull0/7D2D-Maps

Edited by ErrorNull (see edit history)

10 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

hi @KailJ - be sure that inside your Mods folder, the "enZombies" mod comes first before "enZombiesHarvest". if that doesn't fix, also let me know if you are seeing and warnings or errors while booting up the game?

I am including a screen capture to show the order (at least how they are), and I checked the server log and there are quite a few of these:

2022-09-13T10:36:15 91.934 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "enZombiesHarvest" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name,'enLabCreatureFemale4')]"  (line 1653 at pos 3)

ModOrder.png

1 hour ago, KailJ said:

I am including a screen capture to show the order (at least how they are), and I checked the server log and there are quite a few of these:

2022-09-13T10:36:15 91.934 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "enZombiesHarvest" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name,'enLabCreatureFemale4')]"  (line 1653 at pos 3)

ModOrder.png

I was comparing the XML from the enZombieHarvest to one of the patches and the only difference I can see in the code is that the enZH mod says:

append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name,'enBiker1')]

Where in one of the patch zombie mods of yours says:

append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='OrcGurl']

The only difference I can see is that one has contains( in it and the other doesn't. Could that be the problem? (sorry I am not a coder...lol)

I did some experimenting and it seems that the only zombies that are having issues are the main enZombies. The Orcz, Survivorz, YeOldUndead and Goblinz pack/patches seem to be working fine. I compiled some screen captures to show what I am experiencing. The enZombiez all have 1000 after death and unable to harvest, the others are 300 and under and you can harvest them with no problem.

ZombiesSet.jpg

1 hour ago, ErrorNull said:

@KailJ thanks for the details. try removing the "-main" from the folder names of "enZombiesHarvest-main" and "enZombies-main". github adds "-main" when downloading zip and i've seen that is has caused issues before. let me know if that helps.

Will do that now and let you know what happens.

Add-Ons Update:

More patch mods completed for NPCMod expansion packs! GansSpecialZombies and GansStandardZombies by GanTheGrey, and khzmusik_NPC_Civilians and khzmusik_Zombies by Khzmusik:

NPCMod GansSpecialZombies

A20-6-2022-09-08-12-45-01.jpg

NPCMod GansStandardZombies

A20-6-2022-09-08-12-17-16.jpg

NPCMod khzmusik_NPC_Civilians

A20-6-2022-09-11-21-38-04.jpg

NPCMod khzmusik_Zombies

A20-6-2022-09-08-17-45-51.jpg

Download these patch mods from my GitHub page here. Or, from the main enZombies page - in the Patches section.

Note: These zombies are not created by me, nor do I claim any credit. My patch mods simply make these zombies compatible with my enZombies mod. You still need to download the main zombie mod that my patch mod is intended for.

Install instructions:

1. Download the main enZombiesPatches zip from GitHub which will include all the patch mods I've created so far.
  2. Open the zip package and find the folder that matches the target mod you want compatibility for.
  3. Take that folder and place it into your 7 Days to Die "Mods" folder.
  4. Be sure to have the main enZombies mod installed.
  5. Be sure you also install the main target mod that the patch is patching.

@ErrorNull So I removed all the spawns from pois and only kept screamer/wandering hordes/blood moons/natural spawns in biomes and it now works fine with undead legacy so far atleast.. I'll let you know if anything comes up but so far it seems fine. So it seems if you want to add a version for undead legacy maybe just add a download to a version that removes the poi spawns and near poi spawns? Up to you ofcourse, just wanted to let you know :)

@ErrorNull I was checking the server log and this is popping up. Not sure which mod I need to remove, perhaps you can shed some light on it for me, thanks.

2022-09-19T12:39:45 0.838 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'enZombiesNPCMod-1ZombiezPack'
2022-09-19T12:39:45 0.838 WRN [MODS] enZombiesNPCMod-1ZombiezPack/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring
2022-09-19T12:39:45 0.838 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from folder: 'enZombiesNPCMod-1ZombiezPack'

5 hours ago, KailJ said:

@ErrorNull I was checking the server log and this is popping up. Not sure which mod I need to remove, perhaps you can shed some light on it for me, thanks.

2022-09-19T12:39:45 0.838 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: 'enZombiesNPCMod-1ZombiezPack'
2022-09-19T12:39:45 0.838 WRN [MODS] enZombiesNPCMod-1ZombiezPack/Mod with same name already loaded, ignoring
2022-09-19T12:39:45 0.838 WRN [MODS] Failed loading mod from folder: 'enZombiesNPCMod-1ZombiezPack'

hi @KailJ thanks for reporting that. looks like i had the wrong name value inside ModInfo.xml for the mod patch "enZombiesNPCMod-1YeOldeUndeadPack". i went ahead and corrected that now. please re-download the enZombiesNPCMod-1YeOldeUndeadPack mod patch from my github. 👍

14 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

@ErrorNull, Bro, there is a suggestion. May be not immediately but in the future, you can give it a thought. Your screamers are deadly and scary in nature but not in looks. May be you can give them a look as per their behaviour. Or may be you have thought of something while creating them like this.

thanks for the feedback. my screamer girls have looks only their mama would love lol... but i think was just trying something different with the hoodie and wasn't able to find UMA clothing to match close enough to the one piece dress that the vanilla screamer has. if you have any design ideas too i'd love to hear and can definitely try it out.

@ErrorNull, I do not know how much doable is this but have you seen the movie called "Army of the Dead" . It jas a screamer character which is really scary in terms of looks and movement too. You can watch it first.

Also, with the kind of characters you have created, you can even give one of the screamers a flying ability, just to make things a little more dangerous. Lol.

Edited by Ganeshakw (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

@ErrorNull, Please do reply once you watched the movie. Or let us know if you have already watched it.

i haven seen Army of the Dead. you have a pic?

On 9/21/2022 at 2:54 PM, magejosh said:

I like that idea, definitely need a flying screamer in enZombies!

I used the harpy from NPC mod as a flying screamer in Purgatory and I love it.

i do need to create more flying zombies, and a flying screamer sounds good to me too.