Nitrogen Basic Vanilla Gen List for A19.4 by Krunch

Cpt Krunch

Hi Guys, a whole lot of support requests for an update for the generation list for the Nitrogen tool. So here it is! This is a (very) basic mixer using all Vanilla prefabs up to 19.4. Simply drop the 2 files in this zip into the Resources folder in Nitro, overwrite the old versions, and restart Nitro. Done! You should see the 19.4 list in the drop-down in Nitrogen. Enjoy!

Download Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bto-PN5t_-JR7VoDe9z1ndVsHKWR0cVo/view?usp=sharing

Want to learn to make better maps? Looking for custom handmade maps? Include your favorite base into a map?

Drop by our Discord channel and hang out!

https://discord.gg/tsmneMRk53

2021-04-28_01h49_42.thumb.png.217cc72f50ebcc6af63d7642cf7bf49b.png2021-04-28_04h18_50.thumb.png.d4777724ed206362f6f36f1595726ba9.png2021-04-28_02h13_57.thumb.png.d1a3fe6c8646b27a300f72240b10a02b.png2021-04-28_02h13_12.png.5a30444b4e392259633e9c31e5ecc474.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Blackgryphon said:

I just read in another thread that nitrogen isn't going to be developed anymore, is that true?

No one has heard from Damocles in several months. I considered keeping it going, but Ive pretty much converted over to King Gen at this point. It will still work in A20 I would guess, but King has added so many new options at this point, i think it makes more sense to point people to KG.

4 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

No one has heard from Damocles in several months. I considered keeping it going, but Ive pretty much converted over to King Gen at this point. It will still work in A20 I would guess, but King has added so many new options at this point, i think it makes more sense to point people to KG.

I am not on the forums too often so I haven't heard of King Gen.  Thank you for letting me know about it! :D  I'll look it up now and grab it.  I run a two servers and even on a high end CPU it still takes forever for the game to make a map. lol  So something like King Gen is a must, but I guess you know that. lol

9 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

I didn't find any options of rivers on KingGen tho, that's why Nitrogen maps felt more natural to me, is there someway instead of having to do it manually?

5 minutes ago, Zanes said:

I didn't find any options of rivers on KingGen tho, that's why Nitrogen maps felt more natural to me, is there someway instead of having to do it manually?

You could technically still make the height map in Nitro and then gen it in KG, just make sure your water height levels match

• 9 months later...

Hello Cpt Krunch,

I wonder If you could create a CP48 list for Nitrogen. I know it is not updated for a while, but still working with A20. The only problem I ran into is few missing traders from the map with converted prefabs from CP47.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:13 AM, Rukminesh said:

Hello Cpt Krunch,

I wonder If you could create a CP48 list for Nitrogen. I know it is not updated for a while, but still working with A20. The only problem I ran into is few missing traders from the map with converted prefabs from CP47.

Hi Rukminesh, I wish I had the time it would take to really tweak these prefabs to work right with Nitro, but Im just too busy with a new map generator plus Darkness Falls at the moment to take the time to do this in a way that the results will work right. Its definitely possible, but it wont be automatic anymore, as the prefabs themselves have changed. You already know you will be losing tiles and parts, but more than that, the buildings themselves are fairly different, and i do think you can get good results, but it will take a lot of trial and error with the tag system till you get the right mix.

Let me know if you want me to make the rough lists for you, youll need to add the tags and do some testing though. Youll need both the a20 vanilla and cp48 lists, i will make the roughs, and separate vanilla from cp with comments, all you have to do is add the tags and run some test maps.  I have a short read me on the tags, and you can look at the old lists in Nitro to check the format.

If your upcoming world generator can do the same cool rough terrain as Nitro, I prefer to wait and roll out few more prefabs instead.

If not, I might be interested. It all depend how much data need to be added manually. The more than 2000 prefabs in this pack is even a number from potatos.

Is it the Teragon you working on?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Time to time I'm checking if there any sign of the Terragon, but even the thread is wanished moths ago. I think an update for the Nitrogen is more than welcome. We could be perfectly happy without the new city gen. Actually I like more the old type, because settlements look more devastated.

11 minutes ago, Rukminesh said:

Time to time I'm checking if there any sign of the Terragon, but even the thread is wanished moths ago. I think an update for the Nitrogen is more than welcome. We could be perfectly happy without the new city gen. Actually I like more the old type, because settlements look more devastated.

Teragon is out

Check out Tallman Brad video here on setting it up and has download in link

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

Thank you Gamida.

I tried Terragon, but I did not fell in love with it yet, to be honest. It migt me the best, or even the only one map generator some day. Until that I'm still interested an updated prefab list for Nitrogen. I miss the rough terrain with the lot of mountain prefabs it could generate.

Edited by Rukminesh (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, zootal said:

And is this actually released and A20 compatible?

It was never updated to A20. If you can find a download it would still make great A19 maps.

You might be able to convince it to make a map for A20 like folks have done with KingGen, but it would be missing some really nice A20 features, such as Tiles for cities and Parts for both POIs and Tiles.

Neither Nitrogen nor KingGen are being actively developed and supported. You A20 feature-friendly choices are Vanilla RWG and a newly emerged alternative called Teragon, that oddly enough is being discussed either in the KingGen topic on these board or the Teragon Discord.

Apologies, it was Teragon I was referring to. And yes, why isn't it being discussed? An A20 RWG generator would be *huge*. With the fall of Nitrogen and Kinggen, we haven't had any options but to use the build in world gen, which I find to be rather lame. They author says it's A20 compatible and has been released. I have it, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll give it a shot later today and post my results.

Edited by zootal (see edit history)

19 hours ago, zootal said:

Apologies, it was Teragon I was referring to. And yes, why isn't it being discussed?

It is being discussed under the KingGen discussion on these boards, but mostly on the Teragon Discord. My understanding is the author, Pille, prefers to focus on the code and does not want to maintain forums or social media related to the project. I may not have that exactly right, so look for their own words on the subject. In any event, they have not created a topic on these boards and nobody else has decided to create a topic for it, possibly because they don't want to "own" the topic.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:16 AM, Rukminesh said:

Thank you Gamida.

I tried Terragon, but I did not fell in love with it yet, to be honest. It migt me the best, or even the only one map generator some day. Until that I'm still interested an updated prefab list for Nitrogen. I miss the rough terrain with the lot of mountain prefabs it could generate.

Having never used the other generators, I'm not sure what you mean regarding the mountain prefabs.  If you mean that it would place POI on mountains, Teragon can do that.  You can easily specify which POI you might want only in mountains or allow them to appear anywhere (default).  There are other regions as well, such as coast and water that can be used to limit where certain POI are placed.  It also will allow you to have POI or cities placed on really uneven terrain as it adjusts the terrain so it works.

On 1/24/2023 at 12:46 PM, zootal said:

Apologies, it was Teragon I was referring to. And yes, why isn't it being discussed? An A20 RWG generator would be *huge*. With the fall of Nitrogen and Kinggen, we haven't had any options but to use the build in world gen, which I find to be rather lame. They author says it's A20 compatible and has been released. I have it, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll give it a shot later today and post my results.

It is A20 compatible and works well, though there are bugs that you will likely notice.  I'm sure they'll be fixed before long.  It makes some really nice maps, but does take some work to learn it.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:52 PM, Riamus said:

You can easily specify which POI you might want only in mountains or allow them to appear anywhere (default).  There are other regions as well, such as coast and water that can be used to limit where certain POI are placed.  It also will allow you to have POI or cities placed on really uneven terrain as it adjusts the terrain so it works.

Any information regarding what needs to be changed/adjusted/added to Teragon settings or .ini files, to make biome or terrain specific placements possible, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Best support will be in the terrain discord.  In general, if you want a wilderness POI to appear only in mountains, you change region to mountains instead of default in the POI property list.  There are options for ocean and coast, among others, tough I don't have the exact words to use in front of me.  That is based on regions that are generated in Teragon and not be biome. For biome control, you set the biomes in a similar way.

You can look at what is shown in the read POI property list command that is in the expert tab and is added already if you are using the default preset file of you want to see an example.

I recommend visiting the discord server for specific help.  Much of this is already posted there and if you search, you may find it even if no one happens to be around when you check.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)