KingGen - A Random World Generator for 7 Days to Die

KingSlayerGM

Custom map sizes not supported by the GUI.

Also I can set up a BAT file to just generate a ton of worlds if I want as well.

EDIT - Worse case I CAN use Linux since I have an Ubuntu dual-boot on here, but figured I'd report it just in-case someone else tries on windows. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Custom map sizes not supported by the GUI.

Also I can set up a BAT file to just generate a ton of worlds if I want as well.

EDIT - Worse case I CAN use Linux since I have an Ubuntu dual-boot on here, but figured I'd report it just in-case someone else tries on windows. :)

Sounds reasonable. Thank you for reporting it.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Quick test. Command line execution doesn't seem to work on Windows 10. I just get a popup with "Fatal error: Failed to execute script king_gen".

GUI works fine.

I found workaround for now. On windows you can use the command:

.\KingGen.exe -h | more

and that will work because it will keep the console attatched.

This is a workaround for the moment, but I am not sure if I can find a better solution.

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Allowed biomes would be great. It's literally the only reason I say Nitrogen isn't compatible with DF because I have specific biome requirements ;)

The AllowedBiomes restriction has been added to the generation. You will see it in v0.3.0 in the next few days.

17 hours ago, KingSlayerGM said:

I found workaround for now. On windows you can use the command:

.\KingGen.exe -h | more

and that will work because it will keep the console attatched.

This is a workaround for the moment, but I am not sure if I can find a better solution.

Can confirm this command works fine.

KingGen -h | more

Might be worth adding to the main post for windows users. I don't think you need a better solution tbh :)

10 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Can confirm this command works fine.

KingGen -h | more

Might be worth adding to the main post for windows users. I don't think you need a better solution tbh :)

Yeah, this is a Windows constraint. I can either build the program for window mode or for console mode. The latter will always attach a console, even if you double click the executable, which is undesirable. So yeah, i think the solution with "| more" is here to stay. I will add it to the user guide on the first page.

Biome restriction seems to be pretty much working. Only 1 instance that was iffy, but honestly, there isn't much you can do about that (large wasteland-only POI half in the wasteland and half in the forest, but this can happen in vanilla ANYWAY).

Could possibly do with a way to limit certain POI's if possible as one of my quest ones spawned 24 times, which seems a little excessive. :D But i'll do more tweaking and see if there's any way I can limit that in the xml. I THINK I can assign it a unique tag and that might work.

That's one thing I was curious about. The vanilla mixer has min and max counts as well as a min distance for POIs, but it really seems to ignore the values for the most part. If there is any way to enforce something like that, it would be perfect.  Arramus gen'd several maps for my mod and most of them were similar to vanilla as far as POI counts. Like Khaine, I have a few POIs i only want 2-3 of max, and would like to limit some of the more basic ones if possible.

Not demanding or even expecting it, just curious if it would be possible.

Currently any vanilla property about count and distance is ignored. Where are they btw? Inside the poi xml file? I could try to use them.

Currently KingGen tries not to spawn the same poi twice inside the same city. However if it runs out of pois, it will spawn it again. Also there is no limit on how many times a poi can spawn in different cities/towns.

Edited by KingSlayerGM (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

I like the roads and the stlement structures on the preview. Unfortunately it is not working for me either under Win7. Files are missing.

It does not work with win7 because I am building it under win10. Maybe I could fix that, by including the missing files inside the executable. Would you mind showing me the error message that you are getting?

1 hour ago, KingSlayerGM said:

It does not work with win7 because I am building it under win10. Maybe I could fix that, by including the missing files inside the executable. Would you mind showing me the error message that you are getting?

This is what I get first:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try to reinstall the program to fix this problem.

Next after:

Error loading Pyton DLL

'C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI37122\python39.dll'.

Library: The specified module could not be found.

4 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

This is what I get first:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try to reinstall the program to fix this problem.

Next after:

Error loading Pyton DLL

'C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI37122\python39.dll'.

Library: The specified module could not be found.

4 hours ago, KingSlayerGM said:

Thank you. I will have a look, but I cannot guarantee I can fix it.

That was same error I was getting except second one had LoadLibrary but that could just be a typo

6 minutes ago, KingSlayerGM said:

How about you guys just update to win10? Im joking :)

lol, yeah I am putting it off as long as possible. I usually like to do a clean install instead of update and I dread having to load everything on again and get it how I have it set up now. But someday......someday...

6 hours ago, KingSlayerGM said:

How about you guys just update to win10? Im joking :)

I tried, and decided to stay far away from it. I managed the Win7 working on Ryzen, what was not a siple task. This is the most reliable desktop PC I ever had.

7 hours ago, Gamida said:

That was same error I was getting except second one had LoadLibrary but that could just be a typo

I think it only appears If you try to run it as administrator.

Hi KingSlayerGM

In the next update you will add the option (unique) to generate large POIs only one per map, I ask because I am playing a new map and they were generated as 3 large Stallions Hotels and other pois and it affects the performance too much.
Regards