Ztensity's Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI)

ztensity

Hey man, use the modern fireplace like the lights and TVs. Use the wire tool when you see 0W and it should turn the wire on and then cut it off. Voila, you can then use it. It looks best when hidden on the sides with concrete or something 😀

• 3 weeks later...

First off, love the mod. We're making beautiful bases with this stuff. I've been tweaking a few things (HP of the double doors along with more expensive recipe to match) and getting by well enough with my meager skills. I am trying to tweak the fridge storage capacity now though and can't for the life of me code pertaining to it. Can you point me in the right direction? Also, I'm still using 1.3.0, did I understand correctly that there are workable cooking items in 2.0.0?

29 minutes ago, GoatBoySteve said:

First off, love the mod. We're making beautiful bases with this stuff. I've been tweaking a few things (HP of the double doors along with more expensive recipe to match) and getting by well enough with my meager skills. I am trying to tweak the fridge storage capacity now though and can't for the life of me code pertaining to it. Can you point me in the right direction? Also, I'm still using 1.3.0, did I understand correctly that there are workable cooking items in 2.0.0?

Hey man,

I 100% recommend that you update the mod to version 2.0.0. I've definitely recalibrated all item's HP, material types etc. I'm pretty sure that came with version 1.3.0, but 2.0.0 is best with workable kitchen appliances and more. Definitely check out my page and recent comments for updates!

As for tweaks to the double doors and expensive recipe to match, can you show me what you've done? Maybe via direct message or via the Discord? I'm sure I could potentially update the mod to cater to what you've done if it seems more immersive.

As for the fridge storage capacity, I'm honestly unsure of what controls the size. It's likely both a UI thing and an XML thing with the blocks.xml. I could potentially look into that as well for the next time I update UBBI (unsure of when, taking a break from modding).

I would like to emphasize that future updates of mine will likely always overwrite your personal changes, so I'd love it if you just forwarded your thoughts and/or change requests or changes etc. etc. and I can always consider updating the mod accordingly if it seems immersive. As long as you don't re-release it though, you should be fine, just may not be the best course of action, as I'll always be tweaking this over the coming months ;)

Anyway, I appreciate your kind words! Definitely reach out to me via my channel #ztensity's-mods via Guppy's Unofficial 7 Days to Die Discord server!

low.gif.e69ac8c81e46e5e951a02ab8bcca7ee0.gif

https://discord.com/invite/q7uUqSw4w8

Edited by ztensity (see edit history)

On 3/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, ztensity said:

I'd love it if you just forwarded your thoughts and/or change requests or changes etc. etc. and I can always consider updating the mod accordingly if it seems immersive.

I love this mod, it's nice to see it updated and kept relevant which I didn't think would happen.

Honestly the only one thing I would request for, is a fix for the white textures (specifically the tub) as they are 'glowing' to a certain degree even in complete darkness.

The problem has always been present and turned me off from using certain items, which you get to live with when the mods abandoned but now there's hope again!

If you could look into that, it would really improve the immersion part 😃

1.png

2.png

Edited by Milkshakes (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Milkshakes said:

I love this mod, it's nice to see it updated and kept relevant which I didn't think would happen.

Honestly the only one thing I would request for, is a fix for the white textures (specifically the tub) as they are 'glowing' to a certain degree even in complete darkness.

The problem has always been present and turned me off from using certain items, which you get to live with when the mods abandoned but now there's hope again!

If you could look into that, it would really improve the immersion part 😃

1.png

2.png

Hey man! I appreciate the kind words, I can add this to the list of things to work on for the next update whenever I get to it!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the work done!
I really want you to turn your attention to the existing items in the game!
We have distant future, and the kind of workbench, like 200 years ago, on this workbench you can only make a coffin, and then it will turn out badly! Some mods have some progress in this regard! For example, Darkness_Falls, automatic doors, beautiful workbenches are in fashion! Are you planning to change this part of the game?

2 hours ago, user2010 said:

Thank you for the work done!
I really want you to turn your attention to the existing items in the game!
We have distant future, and the kind of workbench, like 200 years ago, on this workbench you can only make a coffin, and then it will turn out badly! Some mods have some progress in this regard! For example, Darkness_Falls, automatic doors, beautiful workbenches are in fashion! Are you planning to change this part of the game?

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm not sure if this is something I will do, but I can keep it in mind for when I get back to it :D 

• 1 month later...

Hello there!

I just installed this mod on our server and on the clients.
Its working, but we don´t have pictures of the items. Placing them seems no problem.

Screen-Shot-06-27-21-at-12-11-PM.png

Even if you press R for changing the shape/item there are no pictures.

I just put the mod folder into the mods folder like every other mod.
On server and client.
Have I forgot anything?

Thank you in advise!

On 6/27/2021 at 6:18 AM, Faith_Of_Sin said:

Hello there!

I just installed this mod on our server and on the clients.
Its working, but we don´t have pictures of the items. Placing them seems no problem.

Screen-Shot-06-27-21-at-12-11-PM.png

Even if you press R for changing the shape/item there are no pictures.

I just put the mod folder into the mods folder like every other mod.
On server and client.
Have I forgot anything?

Thank you in advise!

Hey Faith of Sin,

You have to make sure to get the most up to date version of the mod and make sure it's a clean install!

I'd recommend completely removing and re-adding.

• 3 weeks later...

Kanealpha, to my knowledge there shouldn’t be anything that would cause a crash unless you have another conflicting mod.

As for the crashes, the only way for us to help you would be for you to share a pastebin of your logs. Please join the Discord for further assistance.

Also, if you tampered with the code, that could very likely be causing issues and I really couldn’t figure out what’s wrong without your logs and knowing what you changed.

Remember that the mod has a lot communicating back and forth with one another between the various xml files and xpath.

That said, I hope you’re joying the mod! If you still have issues and don’t join the Discord, I’d suggest just reinstalling the mod via the correct files.

Thank you! 😄

<block name="ZTBathroomDoorRebuild">
            <property name="Class" value="DoorSecure" />
            <property name="Material" value="Mglass" />
            <property name="MaxDamage" value="110"/>
            <property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
            <property name="Texture" value="293" />
            <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="ZTBathroomDoorRebuild"/>
            <property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,rocket,bullet" />
            <property name="Tag" value="Door" />
            <property name="Place" value="Door" />
            <property name="PlaceEverywhere" value="true" />
            <property name="HandleFace" value="Bottom" />
            <property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>
            <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/ZTBathroomRebuilds.unity3d?ZTBathroomDoorRebuildPrefab"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="Bathroom Double Shower Door" />
            <property name="MultiBlockDim" value="2,2,1" />
            <property name="ModelOffset" value="0.5,0.5,0"/>
            <property name="PassThroughDamage" value="true" />
            <property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
            <property name="ImposterExchange" value="imposterCTRPlate" param1="35" />
            <property class="RepairItems">
                <property name="glassBlockVariantHelper" value="3" />
            </property>
            <property name="CustomUpgradeSound" value="place_block_wood" />
            <drop event="Destroy" name="resourceBrokenGlass" count="1,4" />
            <drop event="Fall" name="resourceBrokenGlass" count="1,7" prob="0.20" stick_chance="0"/>
            <property name="FilterTags" value="floot" />
            <property name="EconomicValue" value="5" />
            <property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10" />
         </block>

the fat, underlined line is the ony thing i added/changed, nothing else. and it works for the sliding doors, shower glass windows, wooden doors.. but just not for the shower glass single and double doors.

i should add i can shoot them ONCE with the admin digger and nothing happens, it only freezes on the 2nd shot. i also can place seeral timed charges there, jut it with rockets and rifles and nothing happens only super heavy damage tools like the digger

I understand. I honestly am not sure what all that downgrade code does to alter the block.

For further assistance, please join the Discord as provided in the original page for the mod.

I’m not modding as much these days and in my channel there, you can present your problem, block of code and logs (which will help diagnose the crash).

This way, more then just myself will be able to assist.

My only suggestion is to remove the added code and see if that fixes the problem - if not, most likely another mod is conflicting.

Maybe you’re using an overhaul with the mod like Darkness Falls for instance?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 5:46 AM, Nagano said:

I get this red errors while loading the game. Any fix?

s.png

Are you trying to use the latest version of UBBI (2.0.0) with an overhaul or did you forget to get the SMX patch if you're playing UBBI alongside Vanilla with SMX?

The mod is no longer guaranteed to support compatibility with overhauls. With more information, I may be able to assist!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, lil_joha said:

ran across your mod here.  Question Did you make any of the vanilla lights work with your mod?  Would love to be able to craft and use all the vanilla lights and get to turn them on and off.

I honestly don't remember tweaking any of the vanilla lights to be used similarly as the lights that come with this mod. I can consider it for a future update once A20 launches!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm waiting for A20 to officially be launched before I start diving back into it and make sure it works with A20 without any problems. You guys are more than welcome to test the mod in the current experimental build for A20.

Also, Sirillion is apparently rebuilding his entire SMX series to some extent for A20, so my patch for UBBI will need updated also for players wanting to use Sirilion's SMX UI series.

I've also had quite a few suggestions for things to add, things to tweak etc. I also have personal thoughts as to what I want to do. So, I can guarantee you guys that once A20 is released, I will eventually begin working on an update.

I've been taking time to enjoy playing games, watching movies and spending time with the family, not to mention working every day. I can't give an ETA as I don't know when I'll get around to working on it and I don't know when A20 is being released, but I will not abandon the mod.

Thank you,

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

appreciate your work cobbler, spendinng time with family should be your first priority, because it's time you wont easily get back. so whenever you have time to update your mod isfine,

i can tell you it does work, however cupboards do not open, so you will need to address that, in time, but all the best for 2022.

cheers