Ztensity's Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI)

ztensity

2 hours ago, ozmods said:

appreciate your work cobbler, spendinng time with family should be your first priority, because it's time you wont easily get back. so whenever you have time to update your mod isfine,

i can tell you it does work, however cupboards do not open, so you will need to address that, in time, but all the best for 2022.

cheers

If you want to get them to work, go into the Blocks.xml and find the cabinets; change the LootList on each to a different value.

I did;

"<property name="LootList" value="17" />     to     <property name="LootList" value="cupboard" />   

This gives the cabinets/sinks/other blocks that you give that LootList value the ability to open/close. I went with cupboard as the value as it gives them 18 slots. If you'd prefer a larger number of slots, you could use "playerStorage" for 48 slot, or even "storageCrate" for 72 slots. 

The reason they broke in A20 is because the developers moved away from using numbers as IDs for loot containers; I had to fix this in one of my own mods, so I applied the same to Ztensity's, and it works perfectly. 

To Ztensity;

I hope you've had a wonderful start to 2022, and I can't wait to see where you take this mod - it's one of my all-time favorites, and a must-have in my opinion... just because you're in apocalypse, doesn't mean you can't trick out your base to look really nice and comfortable! 😂

I hope you don't mind me helping anyone who'd like the containers fixed ASAP instead of waiting for your update/A20 patch by commenting above as I did  :)

6 hours ago, Camiracundus said:

If you want to get them to work, go into the Blocks.xml and find the cabinets; change the LootList on each to a different value.

I did;

"<property name="LootList" value="17" />     to     <property name="LootList" value="cupboard" />   

This gives the cabinets/sinks/other blocks that you give that LootList value the ability to open/close. I went with cupboard as the value as it gives them 18 slots. If you'd prefer a larger number of slots, you could use "playerStorage" for 48 slot, or even "storageCrate" for 72 slots. 

The reason they broke in A20 is because the developers moved away from using numbers as IDs for loot containers; I had to fix this in one of my own mods, so I applied the same to Ztensity's, and it works perfectly. 

To Ztensity;

I hope you've had a wonderful start to 2022, and I can't wait to see where you take this mod - it's one of my all-time favorites, and a must-have in my opinion... just because you're in apocalypse, doesn't mean you can't trick out your base to look really nice and comfortable! 😂

I hope you don't mind me helping anyone who'd like the containers fixed ASAP instead of waiting for your update/A20 patch by commenting above as I did  :)

Thank you so much for providing some input and help to others in the meantime. Once I have my mods updated, I'll make sure to let everyone know!

Cheers!

Hi, 
We tried to add this mod to a server but got an error. I think the error mentioned a stove and I was wondering if it would conflict with the working stoves and ovens mod. Could that be the conflict? Any help would be appreciated. I really love this mod but I really need the working stoves as well. Thanks.

Hey guys, I'd suggest joining the Discord and asking for assistance right now. I'm dealing with a lot right now as my father and great grandmother have passed away :(.

I won't abandon my mods, but I'm not sure when I'll be back.

Thank you,

Brandon

31 minutes ago, ztensity said:

Hey guys, I'd suggest joining the Discord and asking for assistance right now. I'm dealing with a lot right now as my father and great grandmother have passed away :(.

Thank you,

Brandon

Sorry for your loss Brandon. while i'm sure the community will eagerly wait for your return, please take your time with family and friends. God Bless

On 1/11/2022 at 12:56 AM, ztensity said:

Thank you,

Brandon

Take your time, real life issues are more important than any game!

I appreciate it guys!

Once A20 is officially released and hopefully I'm in a better healthy mindset, I will try to return.

Once I do return, I will likely rollback UI elements entirely to make UBBI more compatible with UI mods like Sirilion's SMX UI modlet. I will also work on additional tweaks, slight fixes for A20 and potential additions. I don't know what all I'll do beyond these couple things listed, but I won't abandon the mod.

I appreciate your guys understanding on this!

Thank you.

6 hours ago, ztensity said:

I appreciate it guys!

Once A20 is officially released and hopefully I'm in a better healthy mindset, I will try to return.

Once I do return, I will likely rollback UI elements entirely to make UBBI more compatible with UI mods like Sirilion's SMX UI modlet. I will also work on additional tweaks, slight fixes for A20 and potential additions. I don't know what all I'll do beyond these couple things listed, but I won't abandon the mod.

I appreciate your guys understanding on this!

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your work!

Hey Friends, Version 3.0.0 is now live for Alpha 20.3!

After taking a healthy break, I have now released the update for Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive for Alpha 20.3. Unlike previous editions of UBBI, my focus was not necessarily new content here, but instead compatibility and a better foundation for the future. Now, UBBI should be more compatible then ever with UI mods and other modlets. Moving forward it should become much easier as well to update the mod as needed with either tweaks or new content.

In the last iteration of UBBI, I had added workable kitchen appliances, a couple new fuel sources and unique UI elements. To make sure that UBBI was more compatible with SMX and other UI mods, I have now scrapped the ability to use the kitchen appliances alongside removing the new fuel sources like the "Shamway Spring" and the electronic components.

While what was removed might not be good news to everyone, it was what I thought was the best course of action for A20. I have however added storage solutions for all cabinets, select sinks and even the fridge! You can now use a variety of items from UBBI even more immersively.

436086785_UBBI20.3.thumb.png.a80187abcfc46dc4ec90479bcbffa305.png

The Road So Far: What All is in UBBI Today?

Crafting:

All items from UBBI can be crafted at a workbench. To craft any lights, players must first have their Intellect perk at lvl six and their Advanced Engineering perk at lvl three. Alternatively, players can find the "Basics of Electricity Schematic" at a trader or in the world to unlock the lights early.

Players can use the wrench line of tools to receive additional resources when destroying most of the items, while also receiving a small number of resources back when using just fists and/or weapons to destroy them instead.

Players can repair items crafted by using specific sources from cloth fragments, wood and glass blocks to forged iron, concrete mix and leather.

Lights & Technology:

All lights, TVs, a PC, laptop, fireplace, sound bar, doorbell and shower head must be turned on by using a wire tool.

The shower head is usable with water visuals and sound effects. To increase immersion and add usefulness to it, the shower provides up to 30 minutes of increased benefits, which include increased stamina regeneration, increased running speed and cold resistance.

The doorbell and sound bar have specific sounds, which may alert zombies and other players in multiplayer nearby.

Miscellaneous Additions:

The garden bed, small bed and big bed can be used as a bedroll.

There is a single closet door and a secret closet door that takes up one block for people playing with one block crouch.

Inspired by the POI version of the vanilla chimney, a new altered Chimney can be placed with new chimney effects that emits smoke more realistically.

Storage options are now a feature attached to almost all cabinets, select bathroom items and others like a fridge.

@ztensity you big beautifull beast lol. i just wanted to say thankyou to you and your fellow team (presumably) for the update, installed the new version today, works perfectly. no issues with compatiblity with undead legacy. so all good there,

can i ask how do i increase storage size, and change from salvaged boards to regular planks?

thanks again for updating.

15 hours ago, ozmods said:

@ztensity you big, beautiful beast lol. I just wanted to say thank you to you and your fellow team (presumably) for the update, installed the new version today, works perfectly. no issues with compatibility with undead legacy. so, all good there,

can I ask how do I increase storage size, and change from salvaged boards to regular planks?

thanks again for updating.

Thank you. I really appreciate it! Since rebuilding Hernan's build last year, it's all been me :) I've had some help from people on coding sometimes though, such as yourself ;)

If you want to increase storage, I would advise that you look into the notes.txt file and the blocks.xml if you want to adjust. If you have a specific request however, I could look into, making an optional file for bigger storage on select cabinets and such.

Can you explain a little bit more what you mean from "salvaged boards" to "regular planks?"

Cheers!

14 hours ago, Apocalipservice said:

Fantastic! Glad that you're doing OK - and UBBI being updated is a nice surprise. My wife and I love 7Days because it creates an alternate world that sometimes makes more sense to us. You make it even prettier, lol. Time to start thinking about a new map though.. 😃

That is great to hear. Thank you for the kind words!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying things.

Cheers!

i noticed that the cooker/microwave and oven/stove no longer work, these need to be brought back

there are 2 wood types, planks are your run of the mill, the other are planks made up of broken planks, that you can create in the wood bench,

43 minutes ago, ozmods said:

i noticed that the cooker/microwave and oven/stove no longer work, these need to be brought back

there are 2 wood types, planks are your run of the mill, the other are planks made up of broken planks, that you can create in the wood bench,

Hey man,

As described in my update, I removed the functionality of the cooker, microwave, oven, stove, coffee maker and toaster for better compatibility with UI mods, overhauls that change the UI and for quicker updates in the future. I do apologize if that bums you out, but it was a decision I had to make.

As for the planks, you're saying you'd like to change regular planks as an item to create and/or repair items? Is this something implemented in A20? Are you referencing the "workbench?" Can you please let me know if I'm understanding correctly? What specifically are you wanting changed? Is this for immersion, functionality, ease or another purpose. Just let me know as I'm simply trying to understand. 😀

Thanks man, cheers,

Ztensity

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 3:17 PM, LastCenturion45 said:

I'm sorry to post here but I've tried getting help from several different sources and no one has been any help at all. I recently installed both the ztensity UBB and Elevator mods and enabled them, yet neither are showing up in creative mode and I am at a loss of what to do.

Hey man,

I suggest joining the Discord to discuss in further detail as multiple can assist if necessary.

However, my only advice is to try deleting UBBI, the elevator mod etc. and then make sure you download the correct version of the mods for A20 either via my page's download links here and currently on the Nexus.

The A20 version of UBBI is not compatible with the A19 version of UBBI. Meaning if you had the old version in your mods, you would likely want to start a new game. All UBBI items can be found in the creative menu via "HN." As for the elevator, you should be able to just search "Elevator" to find it.

Finally, outside of using the creative menu to pull up various items, you should also be able to organically play with UBBI and the elevator mod by getting a workbench, the necessary items to make the master blocks items from UBBI (kitchen appliances, electronic etc. as an example) and the elevator, and then turn the item into what you want from the options available.

I hope these various things help. I would make sure to review the information available to you on the forums post, nexus page and in the "About Me" from the files of UBBI and the elevator modlet.

This modlet is required on both users ends if playing on a server. If you are having further problems, you will want to discuss in the Discord.

Thank you,

Ztensity

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, first of all thanks the mod itself is great. 
I noticed a few little things. For example, 
the TV has a red frame when it is off and a green frame when it is on.

Once connected to electricity, everything works even if you disconnect the electricity afterwards.

Which is a bit annoying, every time you go to the server joint, 
all the devices turn on by themselves, you always have to switch off-on-off so that they stay off. 
Which is a bit annoying, especially in the showers, a pity.

Edited by Metalberlin (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Metalberlin said:
Hi, first of all thanks the mod itself is great. 
I noticed a few little things. For example, 
the TV has a red frame when it is off and a green frame when it is on.

Once connected to electricity, everything works even if you disconnect the electricity afterwards.

Which is a bit annoying, every time you go to the server joint, 
all the devices turn on by themselves, you always have to switch off-on-off so that they stay off. 
Which is a bit annoying, especially in the showers, a pity.

Hey man,

I appreciate the kind words. Please review my various videos about UBBI on YouTube, it'll show you how to use the devices correctly.

Every device added by this mod - TV's, lights, sound bar etc do not connect via electricity with a fuse like the others.

Instead simply place the item after making it and use a wire tool to get it going. Once the wire tool is used to toggle the item, then you can use it without the weird color error you mentioned.

Thank you,

Ztensity

• 9 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 2:13 AM, Metalberlin said:

oh sorry, yes now it works without a green border thank you. 
Beautiful and even better without a power source. 
But unfortunately the on-off-on problem is still there. 
Otherwise really great work :-D

I think that it's not perfect, but it's what I could do. It certainly has it's limitations I think also.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D 

10 hours ago, XDM said:

if you try and play this in vulkan the items of this mod have a SUPER bright glow for some reason.

I unfortunately stopped support for mod overhauls. If you're playing with an overhaul like Vulkan, you'd want to reach out to the mod overhaul creator and ask that they come up with a compatible patch or have them reach out to me. Either way, I'm sorry it's not working for you as expected with Vulkan.

That said, make sure you've watched my YouTube videos and read over details in Nexus, here and in the mod notes to understand how various items work. Hopefully there is something not being done right.

However, if everything is being done right and there is still a problem, then it has likely to do with the mod overhaul.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

On 2/6/2023 at 1:03 PM, ztensity said:

I think that it's not perfect, but it's what I could do. It certainly has it's limitations I think also.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D 

I unfortunately stopped support for mod overhauls. If you're playing with an overhaul like Vulkan, you'd want to reach out to the mod overhaul creator and ask that they come up with a compatible patch or have them reach out to me. Either way, I'm sorry it's not working for you as expected with Vulkan.

That said, make sure you've watched my YouTube videos and read over details in Nexus, here and in the mod notes to understand how various items work. Hopefully there is something not being done right.

However, if everything is being done right and there is still a problem, then it has likely to do with the mod overhaul.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

If it were unreal engine I'd probably have a shot at fixing it but I don't know anything about unity it's out of my expertise unfortunately. But if it is anything like unreal engine it seems to be a misinterpreted shader, vector or gfxcall perhaps?

• 4 months later...