sphereii

On 11/18/2020 at 1:52 AM, CaptainGreen said:

Is there any way i can summon him when he disappears? 

I pushed a fix to both 19.2 and 19.3 for Hugh's trader. Let me know if the issue still persists.

For existing worlds, I think if you log out and back in, he'll re-appear

1 hour ago, sphereii said:

I pushed a fix to both 19.2 and 19.3 for Hugh's trader. Let me know if the issue still persists.

For existing worlds, I think if you log out and back in, he'll re-appear

Unfortunately it still is happening :(

I went to a different trader called Joel and he is good 

20 minutes ago, CaptainGreen said:

Joel does not have his building protected

zombies can attack it and destroy it 

That is intentional.  This particular fix only applies to new instances of Trader Hugh's base. Other conditions may cause him to disappear, and I'd be interested in investigating them more. Trader Hugh's base has a lot of experimental stuff in it.

2 hours ago, sphereii said:

That is intentional.  This particular fix only applies to new instances of Trader Hugh's base. Other conditions may cause him to disappear, and I'd be interested in investigating them more. Trader Hugh's base has a lot of experimental stuff in it.

Oh ok.  also the dogs keep killing each other all the time.

The way he disappears is weird too. 

He appears for like a split second and disappears again.

Only sometimes he appears for like 20 secs and then im able to get a quest or trade 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any idea why it might be crashing on Linux? Not much help from the logs. Last few lines say:

2021-01-09T11:08:16 154.064 INF Respawn almost done
2021-01-09T11:08:16 154.072 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: LoadedGame, position: -1632, 66, -1728): localplayer
Obtained 1 stack frames.
#0  0x0000004124761f in (Unknown)

6 hours ago, vitamin said:

Any idea why it might be crashing on Linux? Not much help from the logs. Last few lines say:

2021-01-09T11:08:16 154.064 INF Respawn almost done
2021-01-09T11:08:16 154.072 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: LoadedGame, position: -1632, 66, -1728): localplayer
Obtained 1 stack frames.
#0  0x0000004124761f in (Unknown)

Hmm.. it is not a lot to go on.  What was happening before? Were you just logging in? Just died, etc?

11 minutes ago, vitamin said:

I was just starting the new game. Single player. Here is the full log. New world generated fine. The crash is always reproducible.

output_log__2021-01-09__11-05-40.txt 60.18 kB · 1 download

Thank you for the log. I'll spin up my Linux VM and test.   Was this Winterween on 19.2 or 19.3? There's two different downloads depending on which one you were using.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:45 PM, sphereii said:

Thank you for the log. I'll spin up my Linux VM and test.   Was this Winterween on 19.2 or 19.3? There's two different downloads depending on which one you were using.

Managed to get the full crash and the corresponding log file. Hope this helps. Appreciate you taking time to look into it.

BTW, I tried running 7D2D with the mod under Wine using OpenGL renderer. It does not crash.

7d2d_winter_crash.txt output_log__2021-01-12__10-08-09.txt

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Evilracc0on said:

rar is corrupt. wont extract.     C:\Users\Downloads\Winter-Project-A19-master.zip: Unexpected end of archive. downloaded twice and same thing

Any kind of anti-virus running? It sounds like something is corrupting the download. The zip is created automatically by GitHub.

• 1 month later...

hello having issue with the mod. I can load into the game. Go to make a new game select one of your premade maps the game start to load and then then crashes while trying to enter game. anything i should try? i search the logs and found this. Thanks

The file 'E:/7D2D_Mods/Alpha19/Sphereii-mental/Winterween_19.4/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializationCaching/CachedReader.cpp Line: 214)

Crash!!!

10 hours ago, chomes3884 said:

hello having issue with the mod. I can load into the game. Go to make a new game select one of your premade maps the game start to load and then then crashes while trying to enter game. anything i should try? i search the logs and found this. Thanks

The file 'E:/7D2D_Mods/Alpha19/Sphereii-mental/Winterween_19.4/7DaysToDie_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Serialize/SerializationCaching/CachedReader.cpp Line: 214)

Crash!!!

Seems like the copy of the game is corrupt. Have you tried to re-install?