Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

A question, did I go wrong somewhere along installing it (I used the Nitrogen one) because there are some pois where the zombie spawn might be a little buggy. I know there are trigger areas where the sleepers will spawn upon reaching it, but I was climbing up a stair one time and the moment I reached the second floor, sleepers spawned right in front of me and one even spawned right on top of me while I was crouched. That caused me to skidaddle a bit panicked AND CAUSED ALL THE SLEEPERS TO WAKE UP 

2 hours ago, Blxckdreadful said:

A question, did I go wrong somewhere along installing it (I used the Nitrogen one) because there are some pois where the zombie spawn might be a little buggy. I know there are trigger areas where the sleepers will spawn upon reaching it, but I was climbing up a stair one time and the moment I reached the second floor, sleepers spawned right in front of me and one even spawned right on top of me while I was crouched. That caused me to skidaddle a bit panicked AND CAUSED ALL THE SLEEPERS TO WAKE UP 

Hi @Blxckdreadful

Lol you made noise i gather.

In nitrogen program we recommend making road type wide and city grid wide. Spaces them out a bit. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

So, I've been gone from 7D2D for a while, and obviously there's been a lot of stuff happening and lots of content here to wade through. Couple quick questions.

If I'm decoding this correctly the current compopack version can either be

A) Used with the vanilla game world generator when installed as a mod (the modlet version) or

B) Used to generate worlds via Nitrogen by replacing the text files in the appropriate Nitrogen folder and adding the prefab files to the game's prefab folder. (In which case I assume any maps generated by the default game generator will still be normal vanilla without the custom POIs unless you also install the modlet).

I'm curious if you can switch back and forth between generating worlds in nitrogen with/without the custom POIs. I thought I saw something while scanning this thread about there now being a separate nitrogen setting for the compopack vs vanilla which should allow this? Correct me if I'm wrong.

My main question though (something I've been wondering about since I was first playing with this stuff a year or so ago) is whether or not there is a way to quickly preview all the POIs in the pack so I can decide which ones to leave in to match the game aesthetic I'm going for and which ones to take out. I noticed a few people in this thread accidentally left some "scenario" setting on in Nitrogen and got an odd map, which someone replied was for testing purposes... Is it too much to hope that happens to be a map with all the POIs nicely lined up for viewing? If not, is there some other way to do it besides manually opening each POI in the game editor and looking at them one at a time? Because it is an awful LOT of custom pois to wade through! Thanks!

And thanks for all your hard work on this, as well! Scanning the thread it's pretty clear you guys have put a lot of effort into streamlining and updating everything. I can't imagine the number of hours you have spent on it! So please have a virtual cookie. Well done guys.

Edited by Firecat (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, Firecat said:

So, I've been gone from 7D2D for a while, and obviously there's been a lot of stuff happening and lots of content here to wade through. Couple quick questions.

If I'm decoding this correctly the current compopack version can either be

A) Used with the vanilla game world generator when installed as a mod (the modlet version) or

B) Used to generate worlds via Nitrogen by replacing the text files in the appropriate Nitrogen folder and adding the prefab files to the game's prefab folder. (In which case I assume any maps generated by the default game generator will still be normal vanilla without the custom POIs unless you also install the modlet).

I'm curious if you can switch back and forth between generating worlds in nitrogen with/without the custom POIs. I thought I saw something while scanning this thread about there now being a separate nitrogen setting for the compopack vs vanilla which should allow this? Correct me if I'm wrong.

My main question though (something I've been wondering about since I was first playing with this stuff a year or so ago) is whether or not there is a way to quickly preview all the POIs in the pack so I can decide which ones to leave in to match the game aesthetic I'm going for and which ones to take out. I noticed a few people in this thread accidentally left some "scenario" setting on in Nitrogen and got an odd map, which someone replied was for testing purposes... Is it too much to hope that happens to be a map with all the POIs nicely lined up for viewing? If not, is there some other way to do it besides manually opening each POI in the game editor and looking at them one at a time? Because it is an awful LOT of custom pois to wade through! Thanks!

And thanks for all your hard work on this, as well! Scanning the thread it's pretty clear you guys have put a lot of effort into streamlining and updating everything. I can't imagine the number of hours you have spent on it! So please have a virtual cookie. Well done guys.

Hi @Firecat

The first 2 are correct either use modlet for vanilla spawning or nitrogen dl for nitrogen. 

Yes in nitro you can set the scenario to ocd and it will line up 1 of every poi in the game inc vanilla. 

You can have more then 1 game folder. 1 game folder named modlet so 7 days to die modlet. the other nitrogen so like 7 days to die nitrogen.  

When generating nitrogen world you need to move map to the games generated worlds folder and in game menu select new world and select the world you generate thru nitro

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @Firecat

The first 2 are correct either use modlet for vanilla spawning or nitrogen dl for nitrogen. 

Yes in nitro you can set the scenario to ocd and it will line up 1 of every poi in the game inc vanilla. 

You can have more then 1 game folder. 1 game folder named modlet so 7 days to die modlet. the other nitrogen so like 7 days to die nitrogen.  

When generating nitrogen world you need to move map to the games generated worlds folder and in game menu select new world and select the world you generate thru nitro

Thanks for replying! That's awesome about the ocd scenario, its going to save me a TON of time! Is there a way to quickly view which POI is which while looking at them? There is something with the f# keys, right?

Edited by Firecat (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, Firecat said:

Thanks for replying! That's awesome about the ocd scenario, its going to save me a TON of time! Is there a way to quickly view which POI is which while looking at them? There is something with the f# keys, right?

dm in console (f1) then press f3 and fly into area of poi may have to sometimes fly up close to actual building lol 

In order to use this in 2 person multiplayer, do you just need to put all the prefab files in the game folder for both people and have the person who also has nitrogen and the text files generate the map? Or is it more complicated than that?

2 hours ago, Firecat said:

In order to use this in 2 person multiplayer, do you just need to put all the prefab files in the game folder for both people and have the person who also has nitrogen and the text files generate the map? Or is it more complicated than that?

Correct players whom join require the prefabs in the game prefab folder. server host requires prefabs in client side and server side prefabs folder. 

Only the server host and or nitrogen map creator requires the 3 txt files into the nitrogen resource folder

Having some confusion with getting this working right with NitroGen. Btw, I'm running on A19.3 B6 with NitroGen 0.501.

I followed the instructions for adding CP 47 to NitroGen, moving all the files from CP47's Prefabs folder to the game's Data/Prefabs folder, moved the 3 text files to NitroGen's Resources folder, yet when I run NitroGen it still only shows A19 Vanilla, A18 Vanilla, A18 CP43 (which it had anyways), and Custom List for the prefab lists drop down. Am I missing something or am I supposed to select Custom List, because I suspect CP47 is supposed to show up as a list in that drop down?

18 minutes ago, crash.7ds said:

Having some confusion with getting this working right with NitroGen. Btw, I'm running on A19.3 B6 with NitroGen 0.501.

I followed the instructions for adding CP 47 to NitroGen, moving all the files from CP47's Prefabs folder to the game's Data/Prefabs folder, moved the 3 text files to NitroGen's Resources folder, yet when I run NitroGen it still only shows A19 Vanilla, A18 Vanilla, A18 CP43 (which it had anyways), and Custom List for the prefab lists drop down. Am I missing something or am I supposed to select Custom List, because I suspect CP47 is supposed to show up as a list in that drop down?

Hi @crash.7ds

It should show in the prefablist drop down. 

If it doesn't means you haven't copied the 3 txt files into the resource folder and over wrote when asked... 

Stallionsden 

So a few things I noticed, and to be fair it could be a case of issues with using a 16K map which comes with it's own set of caveats, but I have ran into an odd issue where quite a few POIs from this pack are generated with a series of errors. The worst of these so far are that some POIs spawn with ghost objects/blocks or entire portions of the structures missing in ways that don't quite make sense. For instance, after the first blood moon on day 7, the city trader (it's a larger building with four traders and four doors in or out) doors now have a wall built up clipping through the doors. They do not impede traffic, but visually appear to occupy the same placement of the doorways. In several other POIs I've recently explored, there appears a lot of floating dirt piles and debris in the shape of the green Plumbob diamond from the Sims series. It's like the map tried to generate dirt there but realized halfway that it shouldn't because something else was suppose to be there instead. It kind of makes sense the shape because that's how dirt and ground deforms in 7DTD. Also, and just to be clear my machine isn't really stellar with something like 7DTD, but I noticed performance is comparatively abysmal near one of the larger POIs, whereas it's not nearly as impacted by areas with vanilla or simply fewer POIs, even though my system resources are not spiking or maxing out at all. My best guess is that entity spawning is causing the sharp and deep frame hitching in these cases. I don't expect the game to run smooth and silk all the time or even most of the time, but the impact is such that I've already nearly died several times or missed shots just because the game keeps running but isn't rendering the next frame for several seconds. I'm already thinking about restarting on a smaller map, but also considering going back to vanilla POI settings too. I was wondering if anyone else was encountering anything similar on their end or if this is more isolated to inadequate hardware or larger maps being sketchy.

Edited by crash.7ds (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, crash.7ds said:

So a few things I noticed, and to be fair it could be a case of issues with using a 16K map which comes with it's own set of caveats, but I have ran into an odd issue where quite a few POIs from this pack are generated with a series of errors. The worst of these so far are that some POIs spawn with ghost objects/blocks or entire portions of the structures missing in ways that don't quite make sense. For instance, after the first blood moon on day 7, the city trader (it's a larger building with four traders and four doors in or out) doors now have a wall built up clipping through the doors. They do not impede traffic, but visually appear to occupy the same placement of the doorways. In several other POIs I've recently explored, there appears a lot of floating dirt piles and debris in the shape of the green Plumbob diamond from the Sims series. It's like the map tried to generate dirt there but realized halfway that it shouldn't because something else was suppose to be there instead. It kind of makes sense the shape because that's how dirt and ground deforms in 7DTD. Also, and just to be clear my machine isn't really stellar with something like 7DTD, but I noticed performance is comparatively abysmal near one of the larger POIs, whereas it's not nearly as impacted by areas with vanilla or simply fewer POIs, even though my system resources are not spiking or maxing out at all. My best guess is that entity spawning is causing the sharp and deep frame hitching in these cases. I don't expect the game to run smooth and silk all the time or even most of the time, but the impact is such that I've already nearly died several times or missed shots just because the game keeps running but isn't rendering the next frame for several seconds. I'm already thinking about restarting on a smaller map, but also considering going back to vanilla POI settings too. I was wondering if anyone else was encountering anything similar on their end or if this is more isolated to inadequate hardware or larger maps being sketchy.

Those ghost objects are the vanilla texture bug tfp are aware. (Simple exit out and back in fixes it)

16k maps on a good machine struggle so if your pc isnt stellar then it will also struggle. 

Nitrogen itself has only been updated to a19 exp no further and unfortunately seems like nitrogen has been abandoned. 

when generating a map we recommend firstly turning all video options with reflections to off. Secondly we advise you follow these directions - 

ROADS & ROAD TYPES:
2021-02-14_15h35_22.jpg.90291a8fa0bfaeec263ca0c2af8fa6cf.jpg

CITY GRID:

2021-02-14_15h35_49.jpg.565b2916e6e0c4af1330a88ae015e80c.jpg

Note: I dont think we will offer 16k support at this time either since 16k can bug out just from its own size factor. 

If on a server also even nitrogen recommends 8k anything over isnt supported but 12k isnt a bad size either personally. 

Yeah, that's what I thought would be the case. In any case, I'm ditching the 16K map in favor of 8K-12K for now. I've ran 12K maps before and they are night and day better in terms of performance. Interesting suggestions on the settings, I'll keep that in mind. Shame if that's true about Nitrogen being abandoned, I really liked how much more convenient it is over the in-game generator...it's faster, has more options, makes better looking maps, etc. Anyways thanks for the help. I think I'll keep CP and see if lowering map size will help enough. Now if only Unity based games would behave more and stop reverting to native resolution over user settings when loading saves. Subnautica and Subnautica BZ did that a lot back in the day too (and still does, grr!).

59 minutes ago, crash.7ds said:

Yeah, that's what I thought would be the case. In any case, I'm ditching the 16K map in favor of 8K-12K for now. I've ran 12K maps before and they are night and day better in terms of performance. Interesting suggestions on the settings, I'll keep that in mind. Shame if that's true about Nitrogen being abandoned, I really liked how much more convenient it is over the in-game generator...it's faster, has more options, makes better looking maps, etc. Anyways thanks for the help. I think I'll keep CP and see if lowering map size will help enough. Now if only Unity based games would behave more and stop reverting to native resolution over user settings when loading saves. Subnautica and Subnautica BZ did that a lot back in the day too (and still does, grr!).

Yeh happens to me to with the resolution settings.

You need to adjust your graphics card settings I believe thru your video card options. So pretty much your desktop matches the resolution in games etc type thing. (Sorry not very pc techy lol.

I read up on it cause it was annoying the hell out of me. 

Is there a way to control how often a specific Prefab Is generated in a Nitrogen Map?

I have created a small prefab for a buried Treasure (just a piece of land with the Chest under it.   since there is no way to  see the prefab in the world  I want to have it actually created a lot of times so that they are all over the map.  

thanks

41 minutes ago, pipermac said:

Is there a way to control how often a specific Prefab Is generated in a Nitrogen Map?

I have created a small prefab for a buried Treasure (just a piece of land with the Chest under it.   since there is no way to  see the prefab in the world  I want to have it actually created a lot of times so that they are all over the map.  

thanks

You can do that in rwgmixwr lol comment out all the prefabs in the section "prefablist " and add your poi above the <!--. Then only your poi and traders will spawn.

I would prefer when the new POIs were listed separately (on the .txt Nitrogen), it would be very convenient for me. From the CP46 I made a sort and keep only what I wanted. Now with CP47 I will have to copy / paste the new POIs one by one ... (At least there is the list of new ones on the DL page)

Apart from that, let it be clear, the POIs restricted by biome (so the Modlet file?) are only for the Vanilla RWG?

Edited by Fleshus (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Fleshus said:

I would prefer when the new POIs were listed separately (on the .txt Nitrogen), it would be very convenient for me. From the CP46 I made a sort and keep only what I wanted. Now with CP47 I will have to copy / paste the new POIs one by one ... (At least there is the list of new ones on the DL page)

Apart from that, let it be clear, the POIs restricted by biome (so the Modlet file?) are only for the Vanilla RWG?

Hi fleshus. 

Yes correct the modlet is for rwg generation only. 

Unfortunately i like organisation and not a jumbled mess. Pois are added to their groups this helps us in identifying areas we are short in so if a prefabber asks what areas we are short it is easily read also.  The change log will always have the new pois listed in them tho so you can see what new pois are added each release.

Stallionsden 

1 hour ago, Ringkeeper said:

ok.. who ever build the "Apaxco Building Material" prefab .... i hate and love you :D

Spend 3 days in that POI .... 1 to clear out and 2 days getting all the good stuff. If i would have played on nightmare, that thing would have given me some for sure.

@Ringkeeper

@Gouki built that lol. i did add alot more zs tho lol (sorry gouki)  brilliant poi definately